Subject:
[DML] Digest Number 2738
From:
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:
14 Jul 2005 20:00:26 -0000

dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Amplifiers.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Final Update
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

3. Re: Amplifiers.
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Chicago
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

5. Re: "Professional" Mechanics
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Amplifiers.

06068 has a 450W system..  and it sounds fine to me...
Just wish the car had an engine in it already!

So my answer would be YES, it makes a difference.

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:35:13 -0400
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run - Final Update

Last Call for the Summer fun run!

The weather looks like it will hold for us that day, and we still have a
green light for the event.
We will be meeting in front of the Home Depot in the Mall parking lot.

Palisades Center Mall
(845) 348-1000
1000 Palisades Center Dr
West Nyack, NY 10994

There will be new DMA logo wear available for sale at this event...REALLY
NICE STUFF!!!    Please make sure you have a full tank of Gas BEFORE you
arrive, and that you have cash on you to pay for parking at the BBQ location
($6) and if you would like to purchase some logo wear.    ATMs and bathrooms
are in the mall if needed.

Hope to see you all there!

When: Saturday, July 16, 2005
Where: Meet at the Palisades Mall, W. Nyack, NY.
Details: www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

We hope everyone can attend.  More details are to follow, but I hope you can
all attend.  Hope to see you there!

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:04:12 -0000
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Have to jump in here . To double the volume you have to increase the
wattage by 10X!  What a more powerful amp will offer in increased
clarity on the instrumentation and vocals, in other words it brings
the sounds forward in the listing experience  think headroom in the
amp. At the same time you realize increased channel separation and
better stereo effects

A good high power sound system will offer an increased listening
experience without being excessively loud (lots of headroom) where as
a low power system will create a blaring unclear sound at the same
volume while the amp approaches square wave output (low headroom).

Happily driving with my Sony system 50X 4 + 100 watt sub

Randal "The 3M Guy"

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Hank <heskin_at_dml_g...> wrote:

> [...]

part of the

external  amplifier

>> That's a great explanation, thanks.. but I've got to believe, based

on

>> the actual volume of the Delorean cabin (very small), that after a
>> certain point (i.e. number of watts of output),  that it just

doesn't

>> matter - the volume would be deafening before you actually "heard" a
>> difference with more watts.   (diminishing returns, if you will).

So,

>> for argument sake, suppose you have a great head unit that puts out

20

>> watts per channel.  Is a 70 watt stereo *inside a Delorean* really
>> going to sound better at the same tolerable volume?  From your
>> explanation, the wattage ratings (assuming similar component quality
>> and build) only matters at very high volume, which makes perfect
>> sense... but listening to 70 watts inside the car has got to be

beyond

>> ear-damage level, no matter the type of music one is listening to.
>>
>> If you're going for max watts and ear-drum busting and ground

shaking

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:32:05 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Chicago

Just turned 41 yesterday.  Not feeling like an old man yet.  Buying
my Delorean 3 months ago seemed to have turned my clock back a bit!
Although I do notice myself grunting more trying to get out such a
low car!

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_c...>
wrote:

>> Ken,
>> Double that age and you have ME exactly....ho ho...but so far I

have no

>> problem reading ANY print , even the smaller stuff...however you

are welcome

>> to make it larger anyway for you older people!!!
>> Murray
>> Vin: 05962
>> Lic: DMC-XII

in

could not

bifocals are

)

address:

7/13/2005

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:15:54 -0500
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: "Professional" Mechanics

Just as long as the mechanic understands it.

Whenever I get service that requires the wheels to be removed, I
specifically ask that air-tools be eschewed in favor of a 4-way lug
wrench.  They never even flinch at this request, and happily honor it;
some will even use an actual torque-wrench for the final tightening.  I do
this for all my cars, not just the DeLorean.  Power tools are a wonderful
thing, but when misused they can cause great damage before the operator
can even say "oops".

It is almost impossible to cross-thread a lug using manual tools, and a
lug that was tightened by hand can likely be loosened by hand.

I also will not give my business to a shop that will not permit me to
witness the work being done:
  "Sorry sir, it's our policy that customers are not permitted in the work
area."
  "Oh, well, sorry, it's my policy to go somewhere else!"

I must admit, however, that I would trust the major DeLorean vendors to
know what they are doing.  The few times I hovered over the mechanic at
DMCH was strictly out of curiosity.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX