Subject:
[DML] Digest Number 2742
From:
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:
15 Jul 2005 20:51:16 -0000

dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: coolant leak throgh otterstat seal
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

2. Re: My DMC Joe Experience
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Re: Spoke too soon! - Thanks for tips on brake job.
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

4. Re: coolant leak throgh otterstat seal
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. re: Coolant overflow
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Coolant overflow
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

7. Re: My DMC Joe Experience
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Re: Emissions
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Re: coolant leak throgh otterstat seal
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:42:52 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: coolant leak throgh otterstat seal

What shape is the keeper clip in?  You can put a plastic zip-tie around
the pipe at the switch until we can get you a good clip.
Warren at DMC

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My DMC Joe Experience

I think your dead on.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:53:17 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Spoke too soon! - Thanks for tips on brake job.

The new Master Cylinder will not have any wear to it so it wont be a
problem.

Good luck

Mark V

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:09:57 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Make sure that the spot in the pipe that the seal goes into is clean
and smooth. NEVER use any kind of sealer on the seal. Make sure the
otterstadt switch is clean and smooth and does not have a crack in it.
 Use the spring clip or a strap tie to hold the switch in. If it still
leaks get another seal.

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:13:22 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: re: Coolant overflow

How full is the bottle cold? Sounds to me like you have it over-full.
It should only be about 1/2 way up cold. You probably also need a new
radiator cap. EVERY one I've tested that is over 4-5 years old is bad.

Dave
-----------------

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:00:18 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

After replacing my plastic bottle, a couple of main hoses, and
cleaning my otterstat contacts a couple of months ago, I generally
have no problems, except for a couple of instances, that strangly
only occur when I pull into my driveway.  On two or three occasions
coming home, I'll pull the car into my garage, then get out to
witness hot coolant from my overflow on the floor.  It is a little
foamy too as if it has been bubbling/boiling.  However, the drive
from wherever I came from did not cause the temp gauge to exceed 190
to 200 deg., based on the gauge.

My road, however, is a steep incline about a mile long, ascending
several hundred feet I am sure.  Does the strain of climbing my hill
(in second gear) to my house push the engine just enough over the
edge to bubble over  a little from overheating?  Or does the angle
of climb affect this?  I am curious, as it has only occured in my
garage coming home on three occasions. I've been on similarly long
trips but never a problem to my destination - just coming home.

Thanks for any wisdom on this issue.

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:17:57 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

I would accept that as an explaination but people do complain about
all the venders from time-to-time. You would expect that because it is
difficult to please everyone all the time. There is always some level
of dissatisfaction (like a noise level) but that is just because you
are dealing with the general public and sometimes you just don't
satisfy a customer's expectations. All too often a new customer who
overspent on a POS gets the awful truth from a vender and then turns
his fury on them. These are the customers that can never be satisfied
because they will have to spend even more and still not end up with
the "perfect" car they thought they already had. Anyway I do not
recall hearing ANY negative comments about DMC Joe. I know when Lee
didn't ship his kits everyone was quick to post!

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:25:26 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Emissions

Just to add to David's post, in some cases these requrements aren't
just on a state level. Some states like Texas will have these air
quality requirements only in certain counties. And in some cases like
Nevada, the counties themselves are sub-divided between urban and
rural zones, for air quality and vehicle emissions standards.

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:27:24 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Did you reinstall the clip that holds the otterstat and seal to the pipe?
You can use a cable tie until you get a real clip.

-------------- Original message from "mrvic20" <faycraig.newton_at_dml_virgin.net>: --------------