Subject:
[DML] Digest Number 2749
From:
dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:
21 Jul 2005 00:12:32 -0000

dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Anyone in Sacramento?
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

2. Re: Brand New OEM Craig Radio On Ebay...with clock?
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

3. DCS Magazine update and Chicago
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: No A/C under dashboard
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

5. RE: Emission Testing
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

6. ItalDesign badges - was Giugiaro's Personal DeLorean
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

7. Re: DeLorean World magazines
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

8. RE: Tire Pressure
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Concours question
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. re: Concours question
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

11. Re: "Professional" Mechanics
From: "mopardmc12" <mopardmc_at_dml_sdf.lonestar.org>

12. Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy?
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

13. Re: Concours question
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

14. Re: DeLorean World magazines
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

15. Re: Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy? (Concours)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

16. Re: Tire Pressure
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

17. D in Rhonert Park
From: "llynn019" <llynn019_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Tire Pressure
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Re: Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy?
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. Re: Video Bob produced an excellent set of DVD's
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. Interesting Piece In Houston Chronicle
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

22. Fuel Guage
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

23. Re: Tire Pressure
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:20:25 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Anyone in Sacramento?

As my move to Sacramento grows closer, I wonder if there is anyone
near who'd be willing to offer work space every now and then when I'd
need it (oil change, brakes, things like that) I'd have my own tools
and would be willing to help work on your car(s) or pay in exchange
for my car taking up your space. Also is there anyone who could store
my car for a week or 2 a few times a year when I need to visit New
York? I really don't want to put it into a storage facility, but then
again I'll probably have to while in CHP academy. Please contact me
off list! Thanks guys -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:56:44 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Brand New OEM Craig Radio On Ebay...with clock?

My DeLorean has a Craig with a digital clock in it, but it's not like
that one.  I posted pictures of it a few months ago.  Mine has no
presets, but the clock is *not* in the tape deck door.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280
eleven years

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:09:33 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS Magazine update and Chicago

Thanks to a rush in sales last month we had to print more magazines so they
came in yesterday so we have plenty again.

For those of you going to Pheasant Run the next two issues of the magazine
will feature the usual tech, personal and event articles plus a section on the
upcoming car show.  In Vol 2 issue 3 (Nov 2005)  we  will we will focus in on
the overall event, driving tour which this time is  a must for all to do with
everything that is in it and an overview of Pheasant  Run.In

In vol 2 issue 4 (April 2006) we will include a schedule of events, the
fabulous Pheasant Run Chefs menu and a look at our special guests.  At that  time
we may provide a preview of the DeLorean Museum we are putting  together.  At
this time we have located a number of rare artifacts (I feel  almost like
Indiana Jones here) and we will have some speakers from the actual  factory to
tell you about life at DMC in Ireland.

Last night Jeffrey Weissman (George Mc Fly in BTTF II and III) agreed to
come and he is planning to do a special program with audience  participation. I
know what he has planned and you will really enjoy it. Of  course Bob Gale and
his famouse Doc Brown Doesn't Drive a F$&^*ing Mustang  quote will be there
and the Lovely Claudia Wells.  They enjoyed the show so  much last time they are
actually going to be helping me run the show so you may  see them selling
tickets or working a booth or whatever.

We have three volunteers to help with the Video and Richard W. has offered  a
number of video units so there will be a lot of interactive video present
especially in the museum.

Rich W has been working on the PR for Pheasant Run and with the results he
has we are expecting 600 people and possibly 150-200 cars.  This is a
possibility with your help.

You also have seen a number of small things we are adding as of some of my
recent posts.

Registration will begin in the fall instead of Jan

So sign up for the magazine at
_www.deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.deloreancarshow.com)  if you  have not
already and join in the fun

The 25th Anniversary will be the biggest and best car show ever you have my
word

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:22:55 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: No A/C under dashboard

Maybe that's why I am so damned hot in this 90 deg. New England heat!
I have never felt A/C on my legs, only from the dash and door vents.
There are vents below the dash?

Paul

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:15:47 -0400
From: "Travis Goodwin" <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: Emission Testing

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/press/pressrel/97x202.html

* Vehicles less than two model years old, or more than 25 model years old, diesels, electric vehicles, motorcycles and vehicles with historic or farm equipment registration are exempt. However, annual safety inspections are required for all vehicles.

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:19:18 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: ItalDesign badges - was Giugiaro's Personal DeLorean

FYI - from the archives:

   Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:19:05 -0500
   From: Senatorpack_at_dml_xxxxxx
Subject: RE: italdesign accesories

I can get them from Italy. They are $48.00 each. They are similar to the
Italdesign badge previously mentioned.

Best Wishes,
Michael Pack

"C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Does anyone know where I can get Giugiaro and or Italdesign keychains or

badges or anything? For instance I have seen these badges on othe italdesign
cars(even a delorean once) I'd really like to get one or a keychain or
something.

>>Casey at putsch.1_at_dml_xxxxxxx

Not really fond of the color, but where can I score some of those
badges on the quarter panel????
Harry

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:08:47 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean World magazines

VideoBob.. Any idea as to when you jumped on the deal?  I joined on  June 3,
2005 and still have heard nothing.  Did they come via US Post  Office or
UPS/FedEx/ etc?
Thanks, Roy # 0893

In a message dated 7/19/2005 8:33:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

I found  a box on the porch today that was split up the side with
magazines pouring  out of it... I figured out immediatly that this was
the "DeLorean World"  magazines that I had been waiting for!

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:12:47 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Tire Pressure

   I had an interesting discussion with one of my fellow workers. He
maintains the pressure placard in the car is for the tires that CAME on the
car; they were designed for that car.  He runs 40 PSI in his tires because
that is the max. inflation given on the tire.   Replacement tires should be
inflated to what the tire says, not the cars specs.  Interesting.  My '38
Buick specs are for lower press. tires, as are the Delorean.  My Volare'
runs on 32 PSI all around.  I've never heard that concept before.  Any
feedback I can pass on?  Personally, I don't buy it, and my Mech. Eng. Dad
iis no longer with us to ask.              Drive Stainless  (& inflated)
Robert   VIN 6924

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:17:00 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Concours question

I had a quick question about the concours competition.  I couldn't find this
info on the millenium page.  My question is,  "Does the car have to start?
Do the judges ask you to start the car?  I know they check the operation of
the dash clock and such but do the cars actually have to turn over?"

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:56:44 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: re: Concours question

Good question  - It's in the "operating controls" section of the
judging manual. The car has to start, run, idle well, the A/C has to
work etc. The only thing that we don't do is make the owner drive it
around, so I suppose one could sneak in a non-functioning
transmission.

Maybe we ought to do something about that. Discussion probably ought
to be continued on the Concours Yahoo list "millennium-concours".

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:32:49 -0000
From: "mopardmc12" <mopardmc_at_dml_sdf.lonestar.org>
Subject: Re: "Professional" Mechanics

One note on this whole 60 ft lb. lug nut thing - I tried following
this rule for a while, until one time after having my wheels off for
brake work I came home to find two of the lugs on the passenger front
wheel completely loose and *almost spun off completely*!!!

Now I think there may be an issue with this wheel, when tightening the
nuts they seem to spin at the same torque for a while before getting
tighter.  I think the studs might be rotating in the hub.

At any rate, I now tighten all my lugs as tight as I can get them by
hand using a standard X-style lug wrench.  I have never had trouble
removing them and they have never come loose since.

(Interesting on the chrysler note.  I hadn't experienced that on my 66
dart, maybe it's been modified?)

My final word on the mechanic subject is, one way to avoid it is just
to do all the work yourself, even if you have no idea what you are
doing, you'll learn, and if you mess up you can't blame anyone else  :)
 I'm convinced there are so many resources to learn how to work on
this car than just about any other car out there, there's not really a
reason not to unless you are flush and live near a good service center
(I am neither) or you're just physically unable.

Doug

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:45:58 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy?

Per the tech section, it seems that this is the best filter to get for
oil changes. Are they available at local auto parts stores?

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:29:16 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Just check if it'll stall in every gear!

(joke)

Martin

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:42:15 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

My box showed up today to! it was shipped UPS, but was in good
shape.  I haven't counted the magazines yet, but I got the same
stuff.  But no real membership information.

Lots of reading to do.

Bernie

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:53:32 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy? (Concours)

Paul,

If you are looking to buy oil filters for regular use, all
the vendors have these available for about $15 per unit.

However, if you are looking for an original NOS oil filter
with the correct lighter blue color for Concours competition,
please contact me off-list, since I still have an excellent
supply of the original color version of the oil filter.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_f...>

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:00:16 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Always go by the cars tire pressure specification not the tires max
pressure on the tire.

The reason for this has to do with vehicle weight. You can put the same
tire on 2 different vehicles that weigh different and they will wear
different.

Example 35 psi on one car may make the inner tread wear out and on the
other car the outer tread may wear out.

Running wrong pressure also effects gas mileage.

Tell your smart buddy to go to a Goodyear or Firestone and tell them
they are wrong.

Also an over or under-inflated tire will void the tire warranty.

Mark V

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:35:45 -0000
From: "llynn019" <llynn019_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: D in Rhonert Park

Just wanted to say hi (if you are on this list) to the D owner who was
at Home Depot in Rhonert Park, CA on Monday!  Didn't know there were
any other owners this far north of the Golden Gate.

Lorraine
#1141 (for sale in Santa Rosa)

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:39:33 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I keep the pressure in the tires according to the plate on the body
of the car.  I believe it is like that since the engine is in the
rear and have bigger tires is the rear it helps support the weight.
And smaller ones in the front at a lower pressure to help with
handling.

Thomas
VIN:2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_h...>

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:41:29 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Perflux Oil Filters - where to buy?

Delorean Motor Company in Houston, TX (DMCH) has them.  www.delorean.com
I've been using the Bosch filter from John Hervey at
www.specialtauto.com

Thomas
VIN:2953

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:44:48 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Video Bob produced an excellent set of DVD's

I just ordered the Pigeon Forge and DMCH Open House DVD's.  I can't
wait to get them.

Thomas
VIN:2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> Just received Video Bob's DVD's in the mail today. I just wanted to

share that the DVD of Houston's open house and Ken's Pigeon Forge shows was excellent.

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:02:40 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Interesting Piece In Houston Chronicle

I'm surprised no locals have pointed this out yet.  http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/
ssistory.mpl/ae/art/3238789

-Patrick C.

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:58:53 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Fuel Guage

All,

Last Sunday I took the car out with what appeared to be about 3/4 to
half a tank of gas,  I drove about 5-8 miles, and when I got home the
empty tank bulb was lit.  So I figured I may have driven more than 5-8
miles.

So today I go and fill the tank, and it won't take more than 9.66
gallons, according to the pump.  I believe the capacity of the tank is
more like 16 gallons, so what is probably broken now?  I hope I don't
have to dive into the gas tank.  But, if I do, I will.

By the way, after filling up the guage reads full.

Any one have any ideas.

Bernie

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:01:29 -0000
From: "sandorp1" <piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

The tire pressure sticker is for the tires that came on the car, and
most manufacturers recommend that the tires be replaced with the
same type of tires it came with.  So if you do that the sticker
would still apply, if not then inflate as recommended for the new
tire type.

Sandor
# 3002