Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2801
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:16 Aug 2005 19:26:28 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: AC Condensation
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

2. Re: Recurring offer on eBay
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Re: What motor oil to use.
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: And for my NEXT problem... :)
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

5. Free outdoor screening of BTTF in East Lansing, MI
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

6. Re: Valley of death coating
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:48:07 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: AC Condensation

Thanks Chris and John,

Chris,  being from UK, it will probably cost you more to send it to
me than for me to order a couple of feet from John.  I appreciate
the offer, though.

John,  I'll order some at the time of my next order, which will be
soon for some tune-up items.

>> Chris, I think the same tape your talking about is what I use on

the

>> evaporator core as to not absorb condensation. The suppliers call

it Cork

>> tape. It's on the web site at the bottom of the AC Cooling page.,
>> John Hervey
>> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/AC-Cooling.html

Behalf

>> Of Chris Hawes
>> Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:39 AM
>> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: Re: [DML] AC Condensation
>>

>> You need emalgamating tape which is like padded, gummy duct tape

that never

>> looses it's tackiness.  Iteliminates the sweating.  When I was on

that stage

>> of my aircon rebuild I ended up buying the tape from DMCH and it

worked out

>> cheaper than buying it from the hard to find suppliers here in the

UK.  It

>> is far easier to roll it around the evaporator pipes whilst it is

out of the

>> car.
>>
>> It is good stuff and I have loads left.  If you would like some,

email me

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:00:34 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Recurring offer on eBay

I remember seeing a web page where it listed and trackd all Deloreans
sold on eBay. Does anyone know where that page is?

Can someone post the url again.

Thanks,

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
16851

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, toscano2_at_dml_i... wrote:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delorean-

1981_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46093QQitemZ4568435029QQrdZ1

>> I keep a record of all of the Ds sold on eBay, and this one has

appeared at least once a month for the last four months. Has anyone
on the list seen this in person? I would not pay $8K for something so
questionable, but I think it has potential if the seller would lower
his asking price. I just wonder why he can't even sell it after all
this time.

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:28:32 EDT
From: ComposerZelgadis_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: What motor oil to use.

I'll chime in and also say that the Previous Owner(s) on my car (#1366)  used
full synthetic.  My uncle has been using full synth on his Honda  Accord, a
'91 model, and she's a beauty (I think she has something like 300,000  miles,
motor still going strong).  Seems to work great, so I follow this  tradition.
If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:49:21 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Re: And for my NEXT problem... :)

John,

I'm sure this isn't your problem, but your symptoms sound just like what
happens to my car when I'm too low on gas.  When I accelerate all of the gas
flows to the back of the tank so there's nothing for the pump to suck up,
then the pressure in the systems falls low enough for the injectors to stop
spraying.  Then the car will jerk until fuel enters the pump and pressure
builds back up.  When you're cruising on the highway the gas is probably
pretty level since you're not accelerating all that much.  Wouldn't it be
great if it were that simple.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:47:42 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Free outdoor screening of BTTF in East Lansing, MI

There will be an outdoor screening of BACK TO THE FUTURE this Thursday,
August 18, 2005 in East Lansing, Michigan:

http://cityguide.lansingstatejournal.com/fe/hub/Calendar/Profile.asp?
uniqueid=112526&businessid=53635

The screening will take place at Valley Court Park at 9:30 PM and is
subject to cancellation in case of inclement weather.  Admission is
FREE, and attendees should bring a blanket or lawn chair.  Music by
Blue Eyed Floozy will begin at 8:15 PM.

For further information, contact Lola at 517-319-6823.

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:53:23 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Re: Valley of death coating

Charles,

I used POR-15 black paint to completely coat the VOD.  The hardest part was
getting it clean enough.  I think I spent a couple of days on that alone.
But so far it has been working great and I haven't worried about it since.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont