Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2805
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:18 Aug 2005 19:22:38 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Upcoming Delorean sweep?
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: Re: best battery to put in
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Performance Exhaust for Delorean
From: DANIEL SHANE <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

4. Re: Woodward Dream Cruise/Vendors participation wanted
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

5. Re: Performance Exhaust for Delorean
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

6. Squeal, Squeak and Whistle?
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Stainless Cleaner
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Squeal, Squeak and Whistle Update!
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Are these original seat covers or reproductions? Color doesn't match interior
From: "frenkieboy" <dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl>

10. Re: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle?
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

11. Re: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle Update!
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

12. RE: Stainless Cleaner
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

13. Re: Stainless Cleaner
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle Update!
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Re: Performance Exhaust for Delorean
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: Re: Are these original seat covers or reproductions? Color doesn't match interior
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

17. Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filter
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

18. Re: Stainless Cleaner
From: "mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net" <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

19. Re: Stainless Cleaner
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Automaniac
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:31:18 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Upcoming Delorean sweep?

Are you maybe talking about the raffle car at the 2006 DeLorean Car Show
next June?  (http://www.deloreancarshow.com/)

-Wayne / VIN#2447

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:16:48 EDT
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: best battery to put in

Dear Mark V:

By your comments, I guess I will let PJ Grady recheck my DeLorean's
electrical system again for I am due to their shop next week.

In the past, Rob and Pat haven't found anything electrically wrong except
with the cooling fan's circuit breakers and the Fanzilla's connectors being over
taxed under heavy use over the years.   I have even upgraded the Fanzilla
Series 1 to the Series 2 two years ago upon Robís suggestion.   And yes, Pat at PJ
Grady does check all the grounding points on the chassis for cleanliness as
to insure a good contact, when my car is at PJ Grady at least once if not twice
a year. They know that my DeLorean is daily driven and I would take long
trips many times a year exceeding over a 1,000 miles one way.   They always gave
my DeLorean a good go over and if anything that is not right, it gets
corrected, no matter the cost -- electrical, mechanical or other wise.

About auto amplifiers.   There are many "so called" high power amps on the
market with some operating different or better then others and it has been that
way for the last thirty plus years as far as I can remember.

My experiences with high power amplifiers in my DeLorean are as follows; my
first one I had installed was Blaupunkt amp along with a head unit and
auxiliary CD changer unit back in the Fall of 1996.  I got rid of the whole system
after five years and replaced it with a JL Audio 300/4 amp and Eclipse head unit
and a CD changer.   The JL amp was good sounding but the JL amp drew too much
power and with the headlights and A/C on, the horns wouldn't work.   Also when
the audio system is playing and if I was to flash the high beams, the amp
would cut out and come back on.   That was a nuisance, so I decided to take the
DeLorean to an authorized JL Audio dealer and installer as to have the amp and
the electrical system checked out... They found nothing wrong and that the amp
is functioning "normally."   So, about eight months later I had the JL amp
remove and replaced it with the Sinfoni120.4x amp.   This amp has a higher power
output and it draws less power than the JL amp.   The Sinfoni amps is a great
sounding amp and the JL Audio amp now sits in the basement were I last left
it some two years ago.

The alternator was updated, it is a 140 amp from Mr. John Harvey some two
years ago.   With ALL the electric components on and while creeping in NYC's rush
hour traffic, the electrical demand will swing wildly between the battery and
the alternator in order to supply the electrical demand in the extreme hot
and the cold seasons.   As I was told, this occuring situation can or will cause
an early demise to the battery and or the alternator as well.   I believe
this is what is happening.   The bottom line?   Next to the DeLoreanís
uniqueness, the sound system is what I value when I am driving it especially on long
trips.

Anyway, maybe you want to take a crack in checking out my DeLorean's
electrical system?   I will compensate you for your time.   Maybe you may have a
better understanding or have better luck then us?

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:21:08 +0100 (BST)
From: DANIEL SHANE <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Performance Exhaust for Delorean

Hi Mike,

The UK sourced ones are excellent.  They are available
in 3 noise levels and fit perfectly.

If your after a good de-catted exhaust it is the best
one I've seen.  You can get them with removable pipes
so that you can fit the cat's for testing and then
remove them and fit the pipes back in.

Dan

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:02:41 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise/Vendors participation wanted

Hi Rich, send what you can asap, It would be great for people to buy
momento's. I need them by tomorrow thou?.

Byron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_o...> wrote:

>> Byron,
>>
>> I wish I would have known you were thinking about this last week,
>> since I had a great opportunity to buy Johnny Lightning BTTF cars
>> and Polar Lights BTTF snap fit models way below cost on Saturday
>> at the Johnny Lightning convention and car show.
>>
>> I did buy a case of each, just for kicks, so if you have no takers
>> from the vendors, let me know if you want to sell some of these.
>>
>> FYI - I have a member of the DeLorean Club of Germany visiting me,
>> arriving at noon Saturday, so I will not be attending the cruise.
>>
>> Later,
>> Rich W.
>>

>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_m...>

>> Back

and

>> or

for

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:51:58 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

We will gladly sell you a DMCH Performance Exhaust that you may install
yourself or have it done by a shop in your area.  It's a fairly simple
job, but is easier if the car is up on a hoist. We have a couple in
stock. $1495 plus shipping.
Warren at DMC

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:03:43 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle?

Last night driving my DeLorean home (engine was still a little warm
from earlier) I noticed a whistling type noise.  Kind of like the
whistle you hear when someone driving a diesel truck punches it.  But
my noise is the opposite of that.  When I let off of the accelerator,
it whistles.  When I push the accelerator down, it goes away slowly.
No matter what gear I"m in or what speed I'm going, when I let off of
it, it whistles.

This morning when I started up the DeLorean (it was cold), no
whistling.  I had abourt a 14 mile drive to work. With about 4 miles to
go, there was the whistle again.  When I did get to work, I let the car
run, got out and opened up the engine compartment and put my ear down
to it.  THe noise is coming from the central area of the engine.
Around the air/fuel mixture unit general area.

Any thoughts?

Thomas "Matt" Williams
VIN: 2953

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Stainless Cleaner

I remember reading a few weeks ago about a stainless
steel cleaner that Home Depot was selling that was
good to use on D's. The only thing I was able to find
_at_dml_ Depot is grill stainless steel cleaner. Being new to
owning a D is, will this cleaner work? If not I am
open to suggestions. Will regular stainless steel frig
and sink cleaner work? Does the stainless on D's have
a clear coating?? Thanks.

Joey Morgan
Catonsville, MD

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:52:39 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle Update!

I showed what the car was doing to a guy and he said sounds liek the
noise is coming from the waterpump area.  But it still kind of sounds
like it is coming from under the intake manifold too.  After the car
ran for a little bit, we notice engine coolant dripping off of the
tranny.  So it running out of the Valley of Death from a leaky hose?

Thomas "Matt" Williams
VIN: 2953

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:17:26 -0000
From: "frenkieboy" <dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl>
Subject: Re: Are these original seat covers or reproductions? Color doesn't match interior

Looks to me as a very well preserved car. The color of the seats
might be a little light, but if this is reproduction they did a hell
of a job.

I personally don't know the car in question, but a right hand drive
is very rare. I've only seen one in 15 years, and I live in Europe.

Regards,

Frenkie
#006183
www.delorean.tk

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-Delorean-DMC-12-Delorean-

530-actual-
miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31830QQitemZ4568958232QQrdZ1

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:56:03 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle?

That's a characteristic Delorean noise.  It comes from the paper gaskets
in the air horn-the 'w' pipe. Part #102284.  Replace them and torque the
four bolts down to the spec.  You may be able to get rid of it by only
tightening the bolts but be careful not to break them.
Warren at DMC

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:58:31 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Squeal, Squeak and Whistle Update!

This is a different problem than the whistle.  If it's dripping on the
trans, it's probably a heater hose or the aluminum tee for the bleeder,
maybe even the hot water valve.  Just look down between the engine and
the rear bulkhead, use a flashlight if you need to, and find the leaky
component.
Warren at DMC

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:06:57 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Stainless Cleaner

I have tried a slew of products on the D (even had a comparison of all of
them on my website at one time . . .will have to try and find that again).

Anyways, the one that I like the best is called "Stainless Steel magic" and
is usually available at Lowes and Home Depot.  They have a squeeze operated
spray bottle, and dampened cloths, but I prefer the good ole aerosol can
version.

I use this not just on the stainless, but also on all of the black trim -
makes them nice and shiny.

If you decide you like it there are good deals on bulk purchases:
http://www.marbeck.com/cleaners_household_magic_stainless_steel.html

Michael

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:28:05 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Joey,
There is no coating on the SS of Deloreans.  I got some of the SS
Cleaning Care Kit from DMCH (www.delorean.com) and it works great.  I
also got some SS Cleaner/Polish from a guy that sells supplies to
restaurants and stores.  It is a cleaner for things such as SS sinks,
fridges, ovens, etc.

Thomas "Matt" Williams
VIN: 2953

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:15:37 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Performance Exhaust for Delorean

hello..

    I recently had the exhaust changed by a local  shop.  Since NY State does
not require an emissions test for  older than 95 vehicles the cat converter
disappeared.  I went with a  flomaster muffler that actually was made for a
Camero.  It sounds  great.  It was right around $100.00.

Roy  #0893

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:41:07 -0500
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

The right-hand-drive DMC is more rare than you think, since this car isn't
one, either.  The first picture is flipped.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:46:35 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Is it possible...replacing fuel line from accumulator to filter

Well, this accumulator job is about to kill me.  In the process of
getting it off, the line that connects to the fuel filter bent close
to the pressure fitting.  Getting two pairs of pliers in there to bend
it back so the nut would go over the pressure fitting was impossible,
so we removed the line altogether.  Getting it out was destroying it
anyway, so it got cut into two or three pieces and removed.  Now, I
had a new one made today, identical to the original, and getting it in
is driving me crazy.  I'd swear that the body needs to be lifted off
the frame a bit to get it around the frame and into the fuel
accumulator cavity.  Is this even possible, or am I wasting my time?
I tried to have it re-made with a flexible line with the proper
fitting on each end, but the hydrolic shop told me they couldn't make
it like that.

So, can this be installed from under the car with the steel tubing hose?

My next option I see is to buy about 4 feet of high pressure fuel
hose, cut about an inch off of each end of the steel tube with the
fittings, then jam that inch of steel tubing I would cut off in the
end of the high pressure hose and clamp the hose down around it tight.
 I figure this will allow me to snake it through the frame easier than
the solid metal line, and it will have the proper fittings to connect
to the accumulator and fuel filter.  Giving it extra length should
make it easier to hook up the accumulator under the car, then insert
it through the access hole in the frame and bolt the bracket in that
holds it up.

Any tips or advice?

-Patrick C.

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:09:33 -0400
From: "mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net" <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

I bought a can of "ZEP" s.s. cleaner at Home Depot - kind of an
industrial s.s. cleaner for cooking surfaces, etc.  I absolutely love
it.  Fingerprints and other smears are gone with one wipe. Leaves my D's
stainless looking beautiful, clean and almost glossy.  My only problem,
is that with my stainless so clean and shiny, the slightest imperfection
shows up...!

I have another two s.s. cleaners that my mechanic picked up for me,
which I will try and report to the list if anyone's interested.  For
now, I'm sold on the ZEP which, at five bucks a can, should give me a
great many cleanings (fits nicely in the car's cubby-hole with a
terrycloth rag for those on-the-spot clean-ups), saving my "official"
DMC car-care kit stuff for "collectability" status...

- ed
1992 DMC-12 (11594)

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:39:46 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I use Carroll's Aqua Steel. The dealership that I used to work at
used it on the stainless steel bathroom stalls. I compared the
results to the DMC stuff and from what I can tell they do the same.
Carroll is a foam, you let it set for a few secounds and wipe it off
and wala, beautiful stainless steel, chrome, alluminum, brass, etc. I
will post a picture of the can after I move Sunday.

Josh
10989

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:58:02 EDT
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Automaniac

In a message dated 8/18/2005 11:31:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Message: 18
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:20:13 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Automaniac

For those who  missed the episode of "AUTOMANIAC" with Bill Goldberg about
"Muscle  Cars"
and featured a great segment on DeLorean and the GTO.
There are  some great interviews with John, this is a 7 minute segment so it
is  pretty big.

You can go to http://www.dfwdmc.com and go to MEDIA, it's  at the top of the
list.
- Videobob

Yes, it was a nice piece with JZD, originally shot in 2002 if I recall
correctly.  I recorded the entire show to DVD-R when it was originally  shown on
History Channel earlier this year.  Happy to share a copy with  anyone who
couldn't see it.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_