Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2808
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:20 Aug 2005 18:18:55 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Lifetime Water pump bolt questions
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: DeLorean radar detectors
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Exhaust system
From: "bigkidtoys1955" <bigkidtoys_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Headliners
From: "bigkidtoys1955" <bigkidtoys_at_dml_aol.com>

5. 81 DeLorean for sale...
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Re: best battery to put in
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:09:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Lifetime Water pump bolt questions

Use Never-Seize on new bolts. Put the water pump and water
distribution pipe back in with new seals and hoses. BEFORE you put the
intake manifold back on fill the cooling system, bleed and pressure
test. Use silicone gasket sealer on the "O" ring seals. Make sure it
says "Sensor Safe" on the tube. Put a small amount on your finger and
smear it onto the "O" rings. Just be careful a particle of dirt does
not get onto it before you assemble and the "O" rings do not move out
of place.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> I am down in the valley of the shadow of death for me because I

broke no

>> bolts getting everything off. Some of my bolts were "thin" in the

middle do

>> to rust! I have new bolts, but want to try to solve this issue.
>> -Can't use stainless
>> -Could slop on copper anti-seze
>> -Could coat each bolt with clear silicon as I put them in
>>
>> NEXT- I was told to use Silicon grease on the rubber seal on the

intake,

>> only place I have found this on the net is grease watches? Any

retailer have

>> this?
>>
>> LAST- How do I KNOW that when I have it all back togeter that I

would not be

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:16:29 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean radar detectors

I have a Valentine 1 and can say I am happy I spent the bucks for it!
It cannot be "concealed". It has to be mounted as high as you can get
it with a clear view foward and back. You can get the remote display
but the detector unit can't really be hidden. A cheap unit will not be
worth much if it cannot help you. Only the Valentine can show you
WHERE the threat is, the type of radar, and the strength. It also has
intellegance to minimize false alarms. A radar detector that is always
going off tends to get ignored. When you buy a Lotus and join the
local Lotus club one of the first tips is to get a Valentine. What
does that tell you?

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:24:04 -0000
From: "bigkidtoys1955" <bigkidtoys_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Exhaust system

Is there a stainless steel exhaust system out there??

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:27:21 -0000
From: "bigkidtoys1955" <bigkidtoys_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Headliners

Anyone have advice on how to replace the roof headliner???

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 00:47:50 -0400
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 81 DeLorean for sale...

I'm selling an 81 model DeLorean for a friend. Runs excellent. This is a
true daily driver. Very nice solid condition. 5-speed, grey interior, hood
lines, no flap. Major service at PJ Grady (spent over $7k). Have receipts.
Over $23,000 invested total. Asking $16,000. Please e-mail me directly at
DanRC30_at_dml_hotmail.com. Serious inquiries only please. I don't expect to have
such a nice car at such a good price for very long. If you're looking for a
nice DeLorean that you can drive and enjoy, this is the car for you.

Thanks,
---Dan

PS- I don't have pictures yet, but if you're reading this, you probably
already know what a DeLorean looks like.  ;)

Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:33:17 EDT
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: best battery to put in

Dear "copper_trace":

Do you or do you know where or who retail these Odyssey or Hawker batteries?
 I would like to try one.   You can e-mail privately: kayoong(AT)aol.com

As far as the power cables for my amp, I do believe they are "4" gauge cable
(or thicker?) and are made by "Stinger."   Both of the positive and negative
cables are directly wired to the battery's post along with the DeLorean's
cables.

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY