Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2811
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:22 Aug 2005 15:13:51 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: crystal De Lorean
From: "dreamdmc" <dominique.flandin_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>

2. Re: Sand-O-Flex Wheel
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Mallory or MSD Ignition Box
From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

5. Rim Repair
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

9. RE: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: "Michael Substelny" <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

10. Wheel Repair
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

11. Updates for the month of July/August.
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Rim Repair
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Front Speakers
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. radar detector
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>

15. Re: Re: DeLorean radar detectors
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

16. Re: Re: DeLorean radar detectors
From: Richard Rosales <calif93030_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Woodward Dream Cruise/doors up fun
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

18. Re: Rim Repair
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

19. Re: Separating fuel lines
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

20. Re: Rim Repair
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

21. Re: Front Speakers
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

22. Re: Cooling Sysytem Air Bleeder Valve
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

23. : Was it all a dream? Prototype/pre production car archives from 1997
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

24. Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

25. Re: Updates for the month of July/August.
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:26:28 -0000
From: "dreamdmc" <dominique.flandin_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: crystal De Lorean

Hi!
Some times ago some of them (scale 1:43) were available in Germany
for around $80
at this address:
http://www.delorean-fanshop.de/
Unfortunately, right now they're not available anymore.
Nevertheless,
you can try to write to the webmaster and ask him when they will be
available.
Dominique from France.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "gullwingdoors" <gullwingdoors_at_dml_y...>
wrote:

>> Hi everyone,
>> You know those glass crystal things that have a 3d lazer-etched

design

>> in them?  When I first saw one, my immediate thought was "Man, one

of

>> those with a De Lorean in it would look sweet!."  Well, I was

looking

>> through the gifts section of usadmc.com today and I saw

one!  "I've

>> got to get one," I said to myself, but then I saw the price,

$995.

>> Apparently there were only ten made total so they are super-rare.
>> Does anyone know of any similar ones being produced that are a

whole

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:22:29 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sand-O-Flex Wheel

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> What is proper grit for the sand-o-flex wheels on the DMC panels?

The vonaget wheel I use is 80 grit... Its an original aero tool from way back
then . ..Dave...vin 15275

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:24:32 -0000
From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Mallory or MSD Ignition Box

Has anyone installed a Mallory or MSD ignition box into their
DeLorean? If so, could you please contact me at marmieej (at)
gmail.com. I have some installation questions.

Thanks!
Ej

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:48:14 EDT
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Was it all a dream? Looking for DML archives from 1997

The preproduction car did have sliding windows, also a 2 spoke steering wheel
with different seats but has a production body. "Proto" as in the 2200 pound
4 cylinder mid engine car, went from the DMC auction in 1984 to Bill Yacobozzi
then to Tony Ierardi in 2005. That preproduction car also had a different
rear fascia that went down to surround the exhaust pipes and solid wheels without
vent slits between the fins, but looks just like a production wheel. It is
sad to know that that car was not taken care of, but If it is found it should be
treated like Proto or the Turbo cars and be restored and cherished as an
important part of DeLorean history.

Tony Ierardi

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:26:21 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Rim Repair

Hi.  Fall is coming, so I'm getting into winter project/repair mode.
Repairing a rim is one of the things I want to do.  There is a gouge
in a spot on the outside edge of my rear passenger side rim.  I'm not
sure how it happened, because it was there when I bought the car.
Anyways,  can this be filled in and shaped with bondo?  If so, will
the bondo crack off when putting the tire back on the rim?  The gouge
is on the edge.  I really don't want to buy a new set of rims because
the other 3 are fine.  I am rather artistic and have done plenty of
sculpting over time, so if it is possible to fill the gouge with bondo
and shape it, I am confident it will look great.
Cheers,
Corey Ooms

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I manually searched through all of 1997.  I found a
few posts (mostly of me) asking about the status of
the car..  But could not find the original post.

IIRC, it was either posted by Brandon Moody, or Bruce
Battles.  I guess based on your memory I will go with
Brandon.   :)

Later in the year, A post was made about Brandon
buying the car he had told us about earlier..  But it
is not clear WHICH car he was talking about.  The post
goes on to say the car was once owned by Jim Varney
(the hey Vern guy).

If nothing else, it is entertaining to go back and
read those posts from so long ago.

AND, now I know I was not dreaming!

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:44:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I always thought of the car Tony now owns at
"Prototype".

However, for the other cars which is correct,
"Pre-Production" or "Pilot".

I like to call them "Pilot", which is what Alistair
calls his car, "Pilot-25".

Is there such a thing as "Pre-Production"?  I know
Claude always claimed 570 was "Pre-Production" but the
term seemed meaningless.

Either way, I agree..  Any of us who are lucky enough
to care for a piece of DeLorean history should cherish
them...  Do I need to stop driving the Legend TT?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:50:05 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

The car Brandon bought was from TN, and yes, it was once owned by Jim
Varney. This was not in any way a prototype DMC. I responded  that it was a regular
DMC as I had seen it close up a few times. I think the  mysterious Prototype
must still be lost or hidden away for now. Hope this helps  clear up a littleof
the mystery.
Bruce Battles

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:51:17 -0400
From: "Michael Substelny" <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

I believe the first production DeLorean is the VIN 500 car (currently
featured in a prominent and awesome display at the Crawford auto museum
here in Cleveland).

By generally accepted definition, a prototype is made as proof of
concept.  It will often not be made by the same process as the
production units.  This is the case with DeLorean prototypes.

There might be some legal status involved here, I hope someone else can
fill in the gaps.  I assume that I could go to my local BMV and get
license plates for VIN 500 because its existence is recorded somewhere.
I know some cars were made on the assembly line prior to VIN 500 to help
train workers, provide crash test vehicles and quality test vehicles,
etc.  Do these cars have a different sort of record?  Perhaps cars made
by the production process before the official start of production are
classified as "pre-production?"

- Mike Substelny

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:15 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Wheel Repair

In a message dated 08/21/2005 8:37:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

Hi.  Fall is coming, so I'm getting into winter project/repair  mode.
Repairing a rim is one of the things I want to do.  There  is a gouge
in a spot on the outside edge of my rear passenger side  rim.  I'm not
sure how it happened, because it was there when I  bought the car.
Anyways,  can this be filled in and shaped with  bondo?  If so, will
the bondo crack off when putting the tire back on  the rim?  The gouge
is on the edge.  I really don't want to buy  a new set of rims because
the other 3 are fine.  I am rather artistic  and have done plenty of
sculpting over time, so if it is possible to fill  the gouge with bondo
and shape it, I am confident it will look  great.
Cheers,
Corey Ooms
2423

There is a wheel repair center (the rim is the outer edge of the  wheel) in
Maryland called Whellworx. They advertise in the BMW magazines and we  had a
chapter get together at their facilities. They receive wheels from all  over the
world and restore them to as new condition.

Wheel WORX
8213 Cloverleaf Drive, Millersville, MD 21108
(410)  969-7282

Best Wishes,
Mike Pack

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Updates for the month of July/August.

I thought I would take the time to write and let
everyone know some things.

First, that "warm up issue" which becamse a "all the
time engine bogdown" issue....by far the most
irritating issue I've had since bad fuel injectors/bad
spark plug wires or my very first repair: new
transmission...  Long story short, it's fixed.  Guess
what it was....*seriously, take a couple guesses
everyone, and then I"ll tell*.  You can't guess, Acuti
 ;) .

I took out all the incandesent bulbs in the binnacle
and replaced them with LEDs (minus the battery light).
 Every single one of them down to the low fuel light
and seatbelt light.   Looks AWESOME at night and
really modernizes the car.  *--TY Jordan for your
DeLorean site.  I used your guide, and it worked out
very well.  Thank you!

Replaced all 11 vacuum lines with silicone hoses.

New O-rings for Primary Pressure Regulator.  Now with
that and accumulator, I have NO hot start issues.

New air horn gaskets.

Lambda system runs right (that one specifically goes
out to John - remember that conversation we had on the
phone?) - oscillates 5-7 degrees.  It is nice, solid,
and runs very well now.

Cleaned multiple frame grounds, and checked all
grounds behind the driver's side in the idle
spped/lambda/ignition ECU compartment.  As some of you
suggested here, I took the wire from frame to the coil
box to the panel behind the passenger headboard and
cleaned it REAL well - wire brushed it, contact
cleaned it, and lubed both ends thoroughly with
dielectric grease.  When reinstalling, I made sure it
was nice and tight - reason I point this out -
temperature gauge has been doing great now.  No more
issues there (thank you to whoever suggested that; I
honestly right offhand forgot).

Took off that old stifling exhaust along with the caty
converter and replaced it all with a one piece unit,
tig welded exhaust.  It consists of a bypass pipe that
runs to a smaller turbo muffler, than ends with a
single 2.5" tailpipe.  One piece unit including
flanges that utilize the old bolts in the oil pan.
Works beautifully and sounds GREAT.  It almost - not
quite - but almost sounds like the BTTF DeLorean when
it fires up in Doc's truck for the first time.  Has a
nice almost aggressive grumble to it.  This unit was
custom fabricated by another DeLorean owner BTW...

Tightened up my passenger kneepad since I bought the
car in 2003.  It was so loose I told people not to
grab it for fear it would shear right off.  Fixed that
problem.

Installed my new steering column bushing.

Replaced the engine compartment light with a blue LED,
and replaced the auto tranny shifting light with a
green LED.  Also, the A/C console - 4 LEDS - red,
blue, blue, blue.  Looks awesome!  On a side note,
every single bulb in my car is now LED except for the
front dome light (DPO must have superglued it), front
amber lights in the front fascia, and obviously the
head and tailights - including turn signals.  Those
areas of the car just need to be safe; I don't want to
take any chances on getting in a accident..

Installed new bulbs for my brake lights (they were out
on left side).  I also installed new amber colored
bulbs for the turn signals, and one thing I noticed
was the red "idle" lights were smaller than the brake
lights.  Casey and I shrugged as to why, but thought
"Well, lets put bigger ones in there".  So we put the
same in the brake lights as we did in the "idle"
lights: 1156LL.  Wow, do those tail lenses light up
now, holy cow!  Also, while in there - cleaned both
circuit boards with contact cleaner and dielectric
grease on all bulb sockets and wire connectors..

To all that helped me with any and/or multiple of
these upgrades or advice to the engine issues I was
having, I want to say thank you!  Those of you who
helped, you knowledge and friendship are well valued
by me.  Hopefully, I'll be able to help some of you
right back another day!

Now, my next projects (no particular order):

1.  Installing new Blaupunkt 3.5" speakers in the
front.
2.  Installing a new Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony CD/MP3
player.
3.  Installing my new door actuators.

*-- Remove center console here --*
4.  Install new headlight saver switch
5.  Replace light in hazzard switch
6.  Install new fan speed switch
7.  Install my new center air vent unit
*-- Reinstall center console here --*

Large scale projects before Pheasant Run:
8.  Repaint louvers
9.  Repaint front and rear fascias
10.  Repaint ANYTHING black on the car
11.  Repaint rims

Toys I'll try to buy but probably won't have before
PR:
12.  Flux Capacitor
13.  Door launchers
14.  Remote start/windows

And just to think, I have a wedding to plan in May
2006 and a doctorate school to go to.  Things that get
in the way of the car, I swear  ;) .

Jeremiah

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:09:19 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rim Repair

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> Hi.  Fall is coming, so I'm getting into winter project/repair mode.
>> Repairing a rim is one of the things I want to do.  There is a gouge
>> in a spot on the outside edge of my rear passenger side rim.  I'm not
>> sure how it happened, because it was there when I bought the car.
>> Anyways,  can this be filled in and shaped with bondo?  If so, will
>> the bondo crack off when putting the tire back on the rim?  The gouge
>> is on the edge.  I really don't want to buy a new set of rims because
>> the other 3 are fine.  I am rather artistic and have done plenty of
>> sculpting over time, so if it is possible to fill the gouge with bondo
>> and shape it, I am confident it will look great.
>> Cheers,
>> Corey Ooms
>> 2423

Hi Cory where do u live??? email me back and maybe I can help u...Dave..

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Front Speakers

As I've began to decide which brand of speakers I
want, something hit me.  Most newer speakers today
have a center cone that - especially on the 3.5"
speakers - sticks out considerably.  Is this a problem
when installing new front speakers in the DeLorean?  I
know alot of people have upgraded their sound systems,
and I know that the front Craig's are flat - so I want
to know if this center cone will affect my selection
in terms of what speakers I can buy.  Also while on
the subject, of those of you who have upgraded, what
speakers did you use for your upgrade, and what are
the pros and cons of what you used?  Thank you
everyone for your time.

Jeremiah

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:35:11 -0000
From: "andy" <andydandy777_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: radar detector

I have owned many difference brands of radar detectors. The Valentine
1 is  the only detector to own, the others may work as well but who
can live with all the noise they make? When the valentine goes off its
radar and not some electric door sensor, or cell phone or what ever
else the other brands keep picking up. Do not choke on the $400 for
the Valentine it is worth every penny of it.
Andy B 03513

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:33:24 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean radar detectors

Florida law requires the officer to visually estimate the speed of the
vehicle and then to use the radar unit to confirm his estimation. He must
have a consistent Doppler tone as you stated and a tracking history. In
Florida, low level enforcement (6 miles over) is very common. Knowing radar
is present ahead gives you a nudge to check your speed. I am not defending
speeding, but it is nice to know that a few miles ahead that I need to be
real sure I am doing the limit. If you are crazy enough to be driving that
fast, you are still going to get caught by vascar or laser. Even the best
laser detectors wont give you enough warning if you are 20mph over.

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Rosales <calif93030_at_dml_yahoo.com>

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Further followups on this thread need to have a clear association with the charter of the list.]

For the purposes of detection, the radar antenna would have to be transmitting a signal in order for the detector to detect a signal.  Correct?   You know there a feature known as a "hold button".   This keeps the radar on the "on" position without having the signal being transmitted.  So, if you are being tracked by an Officer who's radar is on hold, how is the radar detector going to detect the signal?   Would that be right after he has tracked and locked your vehicles speed?

In addition, you do not necessarily have to be out front of a pack of vehicles to be stopped for speeding using radar.  That's where the tracking history comes into play.  The tracking history establishes your speed being faster that the other vehicles around you. i.e pulling away.  To add to this, the Stalker Duel Radar which is manufactured by Applied Concepts has the ability to track two vehicle simultaneously with the use if the "faster" button.  Not to mention the ability to track a vehicle speed approximately 8 different ways in both the moving and in the stationary mode.  So all the Officer would need is a tracking history, proper training on the radar, ( People V.S. Nantucket ), and ensure that the indicated patrol speed on the radar is confirmed with the actual patrol speed on the patrol vehicle's speedometer.  End result, a ticket.

Richard
VIN 2800

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:
The Valentine 1 is supposed to have shielding so it cannot be detected
by a radar detector detector. It is also (I think) using a super het
freq different then what is being searched for. You need to go to the
Valentine website occasionally and, using the serial # of your
detector, check for software upgrades. The newest one is for POP and
European mode for $75. Virginia is especially tough but what they are
doing is not legal by Federal Law. Be sure to get a reciept and a
lawyer can get your unit back. They cannot just take away personal
property without fair compensation. If you understand the physics
behind radar speed ranging the detectors will always win unless they
hit you with instant on and you are out in front and don't have any
time to slow down. The faster you go above the speed limit the more
time required to slow down. A radar detector is no guarantee you will
not get stopped, it just improves your chances. If you drive like a
maniac eventually you will either get caught or you will kill
yourself. Deloreans present a low return target for radar (not laser).

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> Thank you very much for the information & your experiences on the

radar

>> detectors for the DeLorean. The DeLorean that I saw in the DeLorean

One

>> commercial had a full stealth front and rear remote radar

detector...impressive &

>> clean installation. I meet the owner while on tour in South

Carolina several

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:06:41 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Woodward Dream Cruise/doors up fun

Just a quick note regarding my fist D gathering. There were I
believe 9 DeLorean's at the McDonalds just south of 9 mile road at
McDonalds. The owner of McDonalds had a great spot for us facing the
road, black & White flags roped off our area. Photo's will be
developed and shared in a couple days on this post. The following
are some of the names of D owners I recall. Shannon with wife
Jeannette own a sweet D lowered with ground effects kit, Lawrence
owns a couple cars, the one he had is a very early Vin #550 or
something, looks cool, he has over size drag race tires in the
back., Marv from Ontario, great guy, very enthusiastic DeLorean
owner, great looking Grey Interior 83' 5 speed with aftermarket cup
holders! He has replaced the shift knob with a stainless Steele 6"
tall handle, looks like he could take it off and kick someone's ass
with it. Very cool. Sandor lucked out with his Primo 81' 5 speed
grey and received premiere accommodations under a 20 X 10 tent. It
rained hard twice, he watched as we cleaned our vehicles. Sandor
suffered enough when he showed his awesome D at the concourse
D'elegance, Crabrook MI., it rained horribly that morning. Sandor's
brother Gordon (great guy, friendly) let me use an auto detail
squeegee. It was great swiping water off (go with the grain) and
dealing with less water. I am not positive but I think the owner of
the Back To The future car is Marty? His car has the flux capacitor
and all. The car has amazing workmanship. Way way too much time on
his hands. Another D owner was Rick not sure of last name had a
Black interior early VIN car. The plate surrounding the gauges
looked different; the coin tray has felt material. It would be great
if you guys reading this know who I am talking about can fill in the
gaps. I can't remember the guy next to me from Ontario. Stephan? Has
an 82' grey Automatic, nicely detailed vehicle.
I met these guys around 10:00 AM most were there much earlier on,
Lawrence was there at 6:am, McDonalds owner had free breakfast for
Ferndale Police & fire fighters, I am glad they got to see the car.
People were stopping by to look at the cars, lots of pictures were
taken and questions asked. Ronald McDonald was even there!
At around 1:45PM Marty took off up Woodward to show off the Back to
the Future ride. Let me explain something to you guys reading this.
Woodward cruise has a bandstand of people a reported 2 million
people spanning 20 mile stretch of road. Cars and people flooded the
sidewalks on both sides of Woodward. You drive at a crawls space.
Bike riders sometime join in on the flow. There are 3 lanes on both
sides of the median, the curb lanes are reserved for the show cars.
If you had an ordinary car in this lane people from the curb would
not be kind to you.
I led a caravan of 4 D's with doors up for approximately 15 Miles. I
was in front, Sandor & Brother Gordon 2nd, Lawrence 3rd and last in
line was my friend from Ontario and his Dad 4th.  I am not joking
when I tell you that people sitting seemingly bored with seeing
100's of camaros, vettes, 57 Chevy's Road runners, Chevelles, and
many other amazingly pristine cars, jumped to there feet and
sometimes cheered as we crept by. People were holding signs with
perfect 10 (some of the girls holding the signs were also perfect
10's; I let them know of course). Sandor was tossing postcards he
attained from DMCH to crowds as he drove by. There were total
reactions of Joy when this took place. It was like receiving the
Gold ticket from a Willy Wonka chocolate bar! The cards are actually
very cool, it bullets some facts about the car on the back, the
front has a dynamite picture of the front of the car angled shot
with clouds in the background. Sad reminder that John is no longer
here, is that on the back of the card it says he resides in New
Jersey.
Thousands of pictures were taken of us, I am not joking. People
would run out in front of me to stop the train to take pics. I
definitely catered to those that wanted to take pictures. If I saw
someone fumbling with their camera, I would stop let them get
settled and have them take their best pic of the day. Ask Sandor,
its true, the poor guy was behind me.

Flipping great time. Next year we seriously need to do something
Big. I say D-REX leads the Caravan of lots of D's.

Thanks for reading.

Byron

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:26:34 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Bondo is not the way to fix the rim. It will not last. In fact if you
read the directions you are not supposed to use it over 1/16 " thick.
The "proper" way to repair the rim is to take the wheel off, have the
tire dismounted, and send the rim to a wheel repair center. They will
weld it up, machine it, straighten it, and balance it. They can even
repaint and clear-coat. Another alternative you might consider is one
of the vendor exchange programs. You send them your rims and you get
another, repainted set. It is possible that there is not only a gouge
in the edge of the rim but it is also bent. Besides, if the tire shop
has to put a wheel weight right on your repair it will fall off.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_y...>

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:30:56 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Separating fuel lines

What you need to do now is to hold back on the metal lines and twist
the flexible lines back and forth to break them loose at the
compression ferrule. Don't go crazy here, they should come loose
easily by just turning the lines a little, back and forth. You can
also tap with a hammer on the side a little, again, don't get crazy
with the hammer!

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:28:31 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Do not use Bondo for a wheel repair, it can fall out and cause a
serious wheel balance problem.  Find a good wheel repair shop, they can
actually fill in the area with a weld and reshape the wheel, should
cost about $150-$250 depending on how bad the damage is.  I have had
wheels on some of my other cars redone, and they come back looking
better than new.

Bernie

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:37:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Front Speakers

You can't use speakers with inner cones that project above the frame.
Call Crutchfield and they can help you select the correct speaker.
What I used is no longer available, anyway they come out with new and
better models all the time. Don't overspend on the front speakers, it
won't improve the sound all that much. If you really have to spend
save it for the rear speakers and an amplifier. You can only get so
much out of a 3 1/2" speaker! Anything you replace the origional
speakers with will be a big improvement. The origionals I pulled out
were stiff and the cones were in tatters. It was amazing they put out
any sound at all!

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:31:26 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Sysytem Air Bleeder Valve

It's the front of the waterpump, brass fitting, you can't miss it.
Also burp your upper radiator hose to ensure there is no air up in that
area.

Bernie.

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:44:07 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: : Was it all a dream? Prototype/pre production car archives from 1997

The DeLorean Magazine published by the DeLorean Owners Association has an
excellent article written about these pre-production & prototype cars. I'm  not
sure what issue it was, however I believe that it's the current issue.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:46:04 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 08/21/2005 10:26:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu writes:

I  believe the first production DeLorean is the VIN 500 car  (currently
featured in a prominent and awesome display at the Crawford auto  museum
here in Cleveland).

What is the history on VIN 500?
 Why is it in Cleveland?
What happened to Jeff Abrams the first owner of the car?
He also owned the last car VIN 20105?

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:44:07 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Updates for the month of July/August.

Don't do that!  If you run with the bulb like that for any extended period
of time it will melt the reflector in the tail light cluster, m'friend.
(--Which, I believe, are long since unavailable).  You might be able to get
away with it if you're using an LED, but otherwise Grady sells boards that
are very bright an come with some great bulbs.

Jake in 1063