Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2818
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:25 Aug 2005 21:34:43 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Hot Start Issue
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

2. Re: Woodward Dream Cruise
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Pj Grady Tail light upgrade kit for sale
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Powder Coating cheap options?
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Stainless dents dings and scratches
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Question.....
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Question.....
From: Jeff Angiwn <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>

8. Re: Newbies to Deloreans and the DML
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Ignition connector
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Question.....AND fuel accumulator question answered
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. NewDeLorean.com???
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

12. Re: Powder Coating cheap options?
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

13. Re: Question.....
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

14. Re: DMC Maryland
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

15. A/C
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

16. RE: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

17. Re: Help!!!! Brought 06859 home today from ebay purchase
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:14:02 -0500
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Start Issue

Joey,

The PRV has a cold-start injector that adds more fuel during
cranking...but only when the engine is cold.  When warm, there is no extra
gas AND a drop in fuel system pressure, so no hot-start.

If stranded, you can move the CPR's connector (grey) onto the cold-start
injector (blue) to get things going.  This keeps the injector dumping gas
into the intake even after the car is started, however, so disconnect it
quick!  (The CPR and the cold-start injector are both on the driver's side
of the engine.)

You still need to fix the fuel system failure, which is probably in the
accumulator.  Unfortunately, the entire car was built around this
particular part and it can be challenging to R&R without damaging the hard
fuel lines.  It could also be a missing/bad check valve in the fuel pump,
but the accumulator uses a rubber diaphragm with a limited service life
and is usually the culprit.

In the meantime, you can jump the thermotime switch so that the cold-start
valve always fires during cranking.  I found the blue/black wire in the
relay compartment (yours might be attached to  a unused relay socket) and
wired it to ground through a switch.  I used my defrost switch, since the
defrost is broken/useless anyway.  When the car won't start, I flip the
switch and VROOOOM.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, Texas

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:44:15 -0000
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Woodward Dream Cruise

Had a great time meeting you guys at the Woodward Cruise on
Saturday.  Being that I walked Woodward Ave most of the time it was
so cool to see from a spectators point of view 5 Deloreans coming up
the street with the doors raised.  I had my back to the traffic
until I heard everyone start whistling and cheering the D's.  They
were definently a nice wild card put on the street compared with all
the thousands of vettes and camaros.  If you are a car nut at all
the Woodward cruise is one of the most exciting events you can
attend.  Thanks for having me out.  I'll be there next year too!

PS. Marv - You can't sell your D!!

Rick

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> Had I known Shannon was taking my picture, I would have sucked in

my gut!

>> Had a great time time at the cruise (got there Friday night and

visited 14 - 15 Mile Road, 'cause on Saturday it would be impossible

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:52:05 -0000
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Pj Grady Tail light upgrade kit for sale

I bought one to realize my car already had it done!  I'd sell it for 50
$ + 15$ shipping if anyone needs one.  Brand new.

contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:54:13 -0000
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Powder Coating cheap options?

Does anyone know a good place in the Boston Area to get power coating
on wheels?  PJ grady charges 125$ per wheel, and I'd have to pay for
shipping them.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:50:32 -0000
From: "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Stainless dents dings and scratches

Hello all,  My Delorean exterior is in great shape, but does have a
minor crease or two, a ding, and some scratches...  How difficult and
expensive is it to get Stainless re-finished?  Background info would be
interesting.

Thanks!
Brian from Boston (Watertown, MA)

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Question.....

Being a new DeLorean owner, can someone give me more
info on the (trailing arm bolts) and exactly what the
trailing arm is? and how dangerous it is if it
breaks...car can flip??? Has this ever happened?
Thanks to everyone who has been responding to my other
questions. It has been a huge help.

Joey

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:39:13 -0700
From: Jeff Angiwn <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Question.....

There was an excellent discussion about the Trailing Arm Bolts (TAB's) a
few years back.
Probably everything you want to know is here (and then some!)

Check the archives...
For instance:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/tabolts2.html

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Newbies to Deloreans and the DML

I would like to add something.

Type something as simple as "DeLorean" into google.
Or type whatever your question is into google or at
least a few key words ..EX: "DeLorean Binnacle
Repair".  I have found so many websites, and I mean
old archaic ones at places like geocities where there
ARE no frames on the webpage, but there are perfect
instructions on how to do a repair for the car.  Print
print print.  Make a notebook.  Don't assume you'll
find that old old OLD website again sometime -
especially when you really need it, and don't assume
the website will be up for you to reference when you
need it *cough* JORDAN *cough* =P j/k.  I myself have
5 manuals.....parts,work,tech...than the service
bulletin manual and my own homemade repair manual of
every single last little thing I can find on the
Internet.  Any aritcle - pictures or no pictures, list
format or paragraph, 3 lines, or 30 pages - I don't
care.  If someone's done a repair, there's nothing
better you can do than at LEAST read it and get
familiar with it.  Sometimes I'll have at least 3
articles documenting the same repair (taking the
binnacle off the car for instance - I found Jordan's,
Travis', and one off another website in the UK).
Sometimes (and this didn't happen with the
aforementioned example) you'll find articles with
missing steps, or extra steps or extra
hints/tips/knacks that could save you alot of trouble.
 For example, instead of using 3 three inch extensions
on a 3/8" drive to get to a certain bolt from one
article, another may say to purchase a "ratchet
wrench" (new wrenches with boxed-end ratchets) and do
directly underneath the bolt you desire to reach.

I don't know - I'm starting to digress, but don't ever
discard information that you assume you already know
(unless it's something REAL obvious like taking the
air filter box off or something).  Even than, that
took me 3-5 trys to nail down  ;) .

Jeremiah

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:26:47 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Ignition connector

Does anyone know where I could get a set of the male and female connectors
that connect the igition pickup coil to the ignition ecu?

Thanks

Dē & 6530 ... Still needing its 2700 ohm resistor....

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:39:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Question.....AND fuel accumulator question answered

Here is a great article with pictures on how to do it.
http://jason.kitcarmagazine.com/delorean/fuelaccum.htm

As the diagram shows, be particularly careful with #1.
 That looks like one of the main metal fuel lines.  In
fact, verification of this can be seen at
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=18&PageCat=2%2DFuel+and+Emission+System
.  Look at the accumulator - #39.  Than the metal fuel
tube is #30.  You don't want to break that.  Just be
REALLY gentle and really light - use LOTS of penetrant
spray (Liquid Wrench for example).  In fact, when you
think you're going to do this, it would be a good idea
to spray it with the penetrant spray at least a day
ahead of time.  That lets the spray sit and work its
magic so you could be ensured at least a easier time
breaking the connector (#1) loose.

Ok, now back to this post here.  TABs are important -
no doubt.  To put it bluntly, they basically hold the
entire rear suspension together.  Lots of info
here:http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/tabolts.html .
And what can happen to your car if you neglect them
here: http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/rollover.html
Good to see the tollbooth window survived =P.

Seriously though, it's a great idea to replace them.
The way you can know if they're starting to go (and
this is only what I've heard, I have not actually
experienced these symptoms, so please - all
ready-to-go lawsuits and critics - hush): you'll feel
a "bump" right below you.  I mean directly below your
butt to put it aptly; it'll be a hard bump like if you
hit a pothole, but it should be cyclic in motion -
constantly reoccurring.  That means the bolts could be
bending abnormally, and it's time to slow down getting
home and park the car until you fix it.

Jeremiah

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:43:50 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: NewDeLorean.com???

Hey all,
For those of you who don't frequent Tamir's forum, I thought I would
post the following post on the DML.  Very interesting, I wonder what
the DeLorean world has in store on September 6th?

This was posted by a user by the name of "NIMASIDE" on Tamir's Forum
at www.entermyworld.com

"Hey you'll, i just got an issue of Texas Driver in the mail and it
had advertisement for the Delorean with this link Newdelorean.com .
And then it had the number for DMCH. I visited the site but as you can
see its not up yet, tell SEPT 6 , so I gave them a call. They said
that the magazine wasntt suppose to come out for another week. I asked
if it had anything to do with the new interior delorean and he said he
is not in the position to say anything, and aplogized for not being
able to answer any of my questions.
Either way its got me wondering and a little excited. Anyone know
about this?

www.newdelorean.com"

Maybe this is some kind of a hoax, but I thought I would pass it along.
-Patrick C.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:44:33 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating cheap options?

I'd be interested in this as well.  I live in Worcester area, about 30
minutes west of Boston.

Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_h...>

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:56:30 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

Hey Joey,
You might find these two links of use:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/rollover.html

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/tabolts.html

To buy the best Trailing Arm Bolts available, go to
www.delorean-parts.com and buy them from Toby.  I have them in my car
and have had no problems yet, but the original ones that were removed
at 14,000 miles looked perfectly fine too.  Its probably better to
replace them and never worry again though.

-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:10:41 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMC Maryland

Thanks Chuck,

You are more than welcome to come to my place and get together anytime. I  am
planing a party and want to invite my DMC friends, co-workers and some
special friends of mine, the Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders! I'll keep everyone
posted on when the social will happen at my house.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack
Odenton Maryland

In a message dated 08/24/2005 11:32:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Hello  everyone.  I have been noticing a lot of posts coming from Maryland De
 Lorean owners recently.  I too, although I am not an owner yet, am from
Marland.  There does not, however, seem to be any Maryland De Lorean  groups on
Yahoo.  So, I made one.  Here it is:

It is for any owners  or enthusiasts in Maryland or nearby states (Delaware,
Pennsylvania,  etc.).  The group will be moderated to prevent spam, but
off-topic  discussions will mostly be allowed.  Also, I will garantee to keep up
with it, and not just let it sit for months like some groups I have  seen.  So,
if your in Maryland (or even if your not) take a look at it  and maybe join.

Chuck

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:14:10 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: A/C

Sorry David, yes I meant the orifice tube.  I am going to replace my low
pressure switch and see what happens.  Thanks again,
-Alex

"You're going to have to do better than this. I do not know of what
part you are reffering to when you say "thermistor" in reference to
the evaporator coil. Perhaps you mean "Orifice tube"? The 2 main
reasons for the A/C not to cycle is:
1 improper amount of refrigerent
2 defective or out-of-adjustment low pressure switch.
Of course many other things can cause the system to not cycle. Dirty
coils or not enough airflow can also affect the cycling. Replacing the
orifice tube is "a big deal". You have to remove the refrigerent.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757"

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:36:49 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE

I'm in - 31 to go...

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:10:18 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Help!!!! Brought 06859 home today from ebay purchase

A couple of months ago there was a Delorean in Tarrytown in the Shell
station on Rt 9 just north of the TZ bridge. It was there for a long
time. The plate was 2THDOC3 NY. The vin was not visible, there was an
envelope covering it. The car looked to be in rough shape. The reason
I mention this is Yonkers is the next town south. I inquired about the
car and was told it was a Dentist's car who worked nearby and it was
not for sale. I got the impression that the station didn't know what
to do with it and they were less than cooperative. It would not
surprise me if this is the car you bought. Flat hood, Flared exhaust
pipes, power antennae.