Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2819
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:26 Aug 2005 15:07:52 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: NewDeLorean.com???
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. Re: Clutch Disk
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

4. Re: Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Went to Huey Lewis concert last night
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Valve cover gaskets
From: Tom Tait <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

8. Proper tire pressures (was Re: Maryland Owners, Nate and Joey's
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

9. Re: Article On My Delorean
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. A/C problem solved... a big mahalo
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. The 12 In DMC-12
From: Chris Gosser <shadow_ranger2004_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Repro headlight switches
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

15. Re: Valve cover gaskets
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: Valve cover gaskets
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

17. RE: The 12 In DMC-12
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

18. Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

19. Re: The 12 In DMC-12
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

20. Delorean Article
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

21. Proper tire pressures (was Re: Maryland Owners, Nate and Joey's
From: "delorean6859" <tmadsop_at_dml_comcast.net>

22. RE: The 12 In DMC-12
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

23. Re: Valve cover gaskets
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

24. Hot Seat!
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

25. Proper tire pressures
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NewDeLorean.com???

Registrant:
 De Lorean Motor Company
 15023 Eddie Drive
 Humble, TX 77396
 US
 281-441-2537

Domain Name: NEWDELOREAN.COM

Administrative Contact:
 Espey, James james_at_dml_usadmc.com
 15023 Eddie Drive
 Humble, TX 77396
 US
 281-441-2537

Technical Contact:
 Espey, James james_at_dml_usadmc.com
 15023 Eddie Drive
 Humble, TX 77396
 US
 281-441-2537

Record expires on 03-08-2006
Record created on 03-08-2005

Domain servers in listed order:
	NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM	204.251.10.100
	NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM	206.251.177.2

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:58:04 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)

John and others,

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page regarding high
performance clutch systems for the DeLorean, clutch pad material
is only a part of the equation.  Many high performance or racing
applications will use many small round discs of clutch material
(referred to as "pucks") instead of one continuous ring around
the clutch disc.  This design has many benefits such as grabbing
force and reduced retained heat.  However, this is only a small
part of an entire performance clutch system.

Another part of the equation is the clamping and holding force
of the pressure plate.  For years, CenterForce had used extra
weights between the "fingers" on a stock DeLorean pressure plate
to increase the clamping and holding force of the CenterForce
clutch kit, however, with a slight change in the Valeo design in
the past few years, I noticed the CenterForce clutch kit looks
virtually the same as the Valeo kits.  If a perormance kit is to
be offered, the pressure plate cannot be ignored.

The thirs part of the equation is the spring rates on the clutch
disc itself.  Although I have not verified that the spring rates
on the CenterForce are different (and/or better) than the stock
Valeo springs, they are at least different in appearance.

Just a few helpful hints to keep everyone on the same page.

>> Group,
>> Does any one have any clutch disk cores laying around you don't

want.

>> I will trade or buy them. We are working with a resurfacing

company

>> that can will make the clutch pad in Kevlar for high performance
>> applications. The resurfacing pads were using now is a blend of
>> organic material with copper and Kevlar fibers in it, but the

complete

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:00:52 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Clutch Disk

Question: Why?

EBC already make a kevlar clutch that fits the DeLorean, but even the
Alpine boys stick with OEM Valeo ones. If you're having problems with
power, fit an A610 clutch, but the pedal will become a bit stiff!

Martin

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)

FWIW, this is what the Legend clutch looked like..
IIRC, there were photos of it on the screen in Pigeon
Forge.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:48:51 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE

Now it is only 18 more to go.

Just 18 measly switches, and we can have them remade.

Lets not get this close and let it slip away!

-Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
16851

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_B...> wrote:

>> I'm in - 31 to go...

Behalf

>> Of conundrum1984
>> Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:58 AM
>> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: [DML] Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE
>>
>> Come on everyone!  We only need 32 more switches ordered!  I've

been on

>> the list for about a month or more.  We really need this!
>>
>> Matt
>> VIN: 2953

>> Warren

each

know

they

>> been

>> the

order

wrote:

>> site

in,

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:04:32 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Went to Huey Lewis concert last night

Hi all,
     Last night I went to the Huey Lewis and the News concert here
in Atlanta.   And I gotta say….. WOW.  Absolutely the best rock
concert I've ever been to in my life.  Granted, I haven't
been to
that many, but still, this was the BEST time I've EVER had at any
concert.  They have soooooooooo many hits and awesome songs, it was
just pure magic from start to finish (it went by really fast too).
They played both "The Power of Love" and "Back in
Time," so I was a
happy camper.  Of course I love all the rest of their hits too, but
Power of Love was definitely the pinnacle of the concert for me.  I
know that reading this little post here from me can't possibly do
it
justice, but if they come to your area in the next month before
the end of their tour, and you are a fan, GO!!!!!!!!
Their sound quality is top notch, and they are just as good as
ever.  While at the concert, my friend and I kept saying to each
other, "This is sooooo awesome!!!"   (He's a bigger HL&N fan than me
even).

Huey starts a role in a broadway play in November, so I don't
know
when they'll be touring again.  But he said he'll definitely
be back
in Atlanta.

-Derek L
VIN 5302

P.S.  No, I didn't take my DeLorean to the concert.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:21:11 -0700
From: Tom Tait <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Valve cover gaskets

I've had bona fide Delorean valve cover gaskets on order for a few weeks
and they just are not getting to me, for whatever reasons.  I'd really
like to refinish and replace the covers this weekend so I'm just about
of time.

I have already learned my lesson with regard to cross reference parts -
but what about these gaskets?  In this one case is a B28f Volvo gasket
acceptable just once?

My intake manifold is already off,  it looks like the alternator and ac
compressor have to come off to remove the valve covers,  true?

Tom

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:56:49 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Proper tire pressures (was Re: Maryland Owners, Nate and Joey's

delorean6859 wrote:

>>Rick at DMCH was pretty helpful in that he suggested checking
>>the tire pressure, the rears should be at 36 and the fronts at 28.

So what is the recommended tire pressures for the Delorean?  The factory
sticker on the inside of my glove compartment door says 23 front and 30
rear.. DMCH seems to recommend otherwise though.  Just wondering which
is really right.  I know raising tire pressure slightly will increase
tire life somewhat, but it also makes for a rougher ride..

Heh. and on an offtopic note.. my brother sent this BTTF related image
to me today off of something awful, I found it amusing.
http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg03152005/setzergabbiani1.jpg

VIN# 03209
http://badger.brazi.net/delorean

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:11:51 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Article On My Delorean

Gary's article is now posted on www.dmcnews.com in the "newspaper"
section. Attachements won't go thru the list.

http://www.dmcnews.com/newpapers.html

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DmcGman_at_dml_c... wrote:

>> Just thought I would pass this along for anyone who may want to

read it.  A reporter did a story about my Delorean last week.  They
had a photographer take some nice shots (they used only a few) and it
looks like the reporter did some research about John Delorean and the
company as well on the internet.  I thought it came out well.  A few
small type o's and a few facts she got worng from what I told her,
such as sayiong a paid 1,600 in stead of 16,000 for the car.  However
in general I thought it portrayed the car and John in a postive light
overall.  Anyway here is a scan of the two pages for those interested.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:36:23 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: A/C problem solved... a big mahalo

I want to thank everybody for helping me with my AC issue.  I took the car
to a shop and the crook told me that the system needed to be flushed and a
new dryer installed ($450+).  I asked him what the pressure read out was on
the AC and he kind of gave me a vague answer which made me suspicious.  I
know the car had an AC service from DeLorean One about a year ago so I had a
really hard time believing that anybody there overcharged the system.  I
decided to just try changing the lower pressure switch and that solved the
problem.  Everything is working great now.

I am sorry about all the weird questions.  If the bad mechanic I took it too
would have diagnosed it correctly it could have been solved a lot quicker.

Thanks again everybody for the detailed answers.  I signed up for a basic
auto class at the community college which starts tomorrow so hopefully I can
help others and ask less newbie questions.

-Alex

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Gosser <shadow_ranger2004_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The 12 In DMC-12

hey All

I Was Wondering  What Does The 12 In DMC-12 Mean?

Could You Ask Around For Me?

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:02:51 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF

Hello,

4 of my neighbors stopped by to give me the news that their kiddies  received
a BTTF DeLorean toy today in their kids meal....so my Dad and I went to  the
Wendy's and ordered a kids meal and we're the new owner of a toy  DeLorean.

Mike Pack

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - UPDATE

Putting my order in tomorrow.  That'll be 17.

Jeremiah

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:08:15 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Repro headlight switches

Hi gang - Just wanted to let you know that DeLorean Parts Northwest,
in conjunction with members from the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club
(www.pndc.org) has signed on for 5 switches.  We weren't able to be
the first, so we wanted to see if we could provide the cap on the
bottle (so to speak).

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Valve cover gaskets

Alternator - no.  Compressor - kinda.  It has to be
disconnected off of its little "clamp".  I used twist
ties (not kitchen twist ties; I mean like the ones
they use to hold people's hands behind their backs in
some police work) and tied the compressor in the back
left of the engine compartment.  CPR has to come off
too.

Jeremiah

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:21:15 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

I bought the B28F gaskets at Advance Auto Parts when I was in a pinch once.
They fit perfectly and are made with a nice slick coating.  After 10K miles
when I pulled the covers to do a valve adjustment they just came right off
and didn't stick a bit and were perfectly reusable.  I coated em with a
little bit of oil as always but they really didn't need it.

After the easy off on my former car another owner wanted the gaskets when we
pulled his covers.  It took us some time to completely scrape off the old
paper gaskets and he's really excited about never having to do that again.

Jeff in NC

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:24:16 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: The 12 In DMC-12

Hmmm,

I'm not 100% but I was told it was called the DMC -12 because it was
SUPPOSED to cost 12k.  That of course was something I was told a few years
back and have never heard otherwise.

Jeff in NC

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:28:55 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Took my D through a nearby Wendy's drive-thru in Mundelein, IL.  Ordered
two kid's meal for the little ones at home, but the worker at the window
was a little confused when I asked about the BTTF toy.  So I had to say
the toy that looks like this car... "ooh" she said... then disappeared
and came back moments later with a big smile, the two toy cars, and an
extra one that she said was just for me.

Regards,
Wayne / VIN#2447

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:35:01 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

I heard it was the original target price that the D was to be released
at... $12,000.

The original invoice from the PO of my D showed that it sold for around
$25,500.  I guess there were some cost overruns somewhere...  :)

Regards,
Wayne / VIN#2447

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:25:36 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Delorean Article

The article on my Delorean has been uploaded to the "Newspapers" section at dmcnews.com for those that want to read it.

Gary Gore
Vice President
Delroean Mid Atlantic
www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:09:24 -0000
From: "delorean6859" <tmadsop_at_dml_comcast.net>

Keep in mind, the tire pressures I was quoted by Rick is for D's with
the Eibach springs.

Nate

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_b...> wrote:

>> So what is the recommended tire pressures for the Delorean?  The

factory

>> sticker on the inside of my glove compartment door says 23 front

and 30

>> rear.. DMCH seems to recommend otherwise though.  Just wondering

which

>> is really right.  I know raising tire pressure slightly will

increase

>> tire life somewhat, but it also makes for a rougher ride..
>>

>> Heh. and on an offtopic note.. my brother sent this BTTF related

image

>> to me today off of something awful, I found it amusing.

http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg03152005/setzergabbi
ani1.jpg

>> --
>>
>> Chris
>> VIN# 03209
>> http://badger.brazi.net/delorean
>>

>> --

8/24/2005

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:34:33 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Bacause, believe it or not...the car was SUPPOSED to sell for $12,000 to
compete with the
going price of the Corvette at the time.
As you know this didn't happen and the price not only doubled and on top of
that
they dropped most of the features that originally was the concept of the car
such as the airbags. The original name of the car was "DeLorean Safety
Vehicle".
This was a direct rip-off of the Bricklin SV-1, or "Safety Vehicle One",
which was another
gullwinged car that was made completely out of acrylic and had a large
bumper in the front.

You should really buy a book from http://www.delorean.com called "Stainless
Steel Illusion"
and it will answer most of thoose questions.
- VB

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:31:25 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

Never had a problem using the volvo valve cover gaskets.

>> but what about these gaskets?  In this one case is a B28f Volvo

gasket

>> acceptable just once?

The alternator does not have to come off to do the passenger side
cover gasket but the AC Compressor will need to be taken off.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:50:16 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Hot Seat!

The previous owner of my car had the seats recovered.  Unfortunately,
it was done in something called "Nu-Leather" (translates as "vinyl").

They look great, and he spent a lot of money to get them done.
However, my legs sweat like a pig in a sauna! Even with AC on, or on
cooler days, my pants will be all wet where they sit against the
seats.  Does leather make much of a difference in this situation?

I am thinking about getting seat covers, even some cheaper cloth type
somewhere, but not sure what would look decent or work well to absorb
moisture or let air flow under my legs.

Any suggestions or experience on this subject?  It doesn't look too
cool to exit a Delorean with large wet areas on the back of my pants!

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:23:09 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Proper tire pressures

For the origional NCT's and the car driven at normal highway speeds
the pressures on the label apply. If you change the tires to a
different type, drive at very high speeds for a long time, or carry
excessive weight in the car you have to change the air pressures. I
would start with the pressures on the label and if you watch the tire
wear you will know which way to go. Get a tread gauge (they are cheap)
and measure the tread in several places paying attention to the
difference between the middle of the tread and the center. When you
find the pressure that gives you even wear you have it! Always measure
COLD ie, before you drive the car. Whatever you do the fronts should
both have the same pressure and the rears the same too. Front and rear
pressures can (and should) be different but both tires on the same
axle MUST have the same pressures. Invest in an accurate tire gauge,
not one of those pencil types, either a digital gauge or a mechanical
gauge. For most of us the pressures on the label are a good place to
start.