Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2821
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:27 Aug 2005 19:29:52 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: The 12 In DMC-12
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

2. Re: Radio-control Delorean (not BTF)?
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. mirror piece needed
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Re: Hot Seat!
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

5. Re: Gary Gore's Delorean Article
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Radio-control Delorean (not BTF)?
From: "outatime12" <charles_gonzales1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. RE: Need Grey Seat covers!
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

8. Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: "Chuck McKnight" <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Hot Seat!
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: "outatime12" <charles_gonzales1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Hot Seat!
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

12. Headlight Switches
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Need Grey Seat covers!
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

16. emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "Duke" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

17. VIN 6859 Owner Please Contact Me
From: toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com

18. Exhaust Tips
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Re: Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Re: Need Grey Seat covers!
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

21. Re: Re: New Delorean Website with BTTF4
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

22. Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Hot Seat!
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

24. Re: The 12 In DMC-12
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net" <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:32:31 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: The 12 In DMC-12

Ah ha!  I knew I'd seen that somewhere.  One of the first times I visited
Tamir's Website.

Yep, it was supposed to cost 12K.  Hey, atleast that questions been
answered!

Jeff in NC

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Radio-control Delorean (not BTF)?

I have an original uncut 1:10th scale Delorean body for the buildable RC cars.  I'm not going to do anything with it because I want to create copies of it since they seem to be a bit rare.  So far I haven't found anyone that can help me create these a a good cost..or enough interest from people who want to have one.

Erik

ctdmc83 <nmastrocinque_at_dml_sikorsky.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone,
My son is looking for a radio-control version of
his Sunstar Delorean. I've checked eBay repeatedly,
but everything I've seen is one of the BTTF cars.
Does anyone know where I can find a NON-BTTF radio
control Delorean (preferably 1:18 scale)?
Thanks, CTDMC83

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:56:23 -0400
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: mirror piece needed

Hey all,

I am working on replacing the glass part of my mirrors, and on the
drivers side I only have 1 of the little stabilizer doohickeys (like
this one: http://tinyurl.com/9m4x7) instead of 2 as is standard.  Anyone
happen to have one lying around I can buy off of you?  Appears that the
mirror is a whole part and probably can't get this from the vendors
without buying the whole mirror.

Thanks!

Michael
Mcb at babbtechnology.com

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:05:31 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Seat!

Thanks Randall.  I am just waiting for your yahoo group to approve
me joining so I can see the photos.  I am very interested.

-- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Paul -
>>
>> There are 2 cars here in AZ that have been converted to cloth,

AHHHH

>> very cool in the heat.  I did some research and found a polished

auto

>> fabric that is a solid match to the leather color.
>>
>> Have photo in our yahoo group (az-d) in the Randal folder take a

look.

wrote:

> [...]

Unfortunately,

as "vinyl").

or on

situation?

type

absorb

too

pants!

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:14:31 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Gary Gore's Delorean Article

Congratulations Gary on a nice article.

They took some nice photographs of your car and sign. Does anyone have an
extra sign for sale?

Mike Pack

In a message dated 08/26/2005 11:02:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net writes:

The  article on my Delorean has been uploaded to the "Newspapers" section at
dmcnews.com for those that want to read it.

Gary Gore
Vice  President
Delroean Mid  Atlantic
www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:38:28 -0000
From: "outatime12" <charles_gonzales1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Long ago I purchased a damaged shell of a RC car that is a Stock DMC
with Delorean One stickers all around. Maybie somebody on this list
still has A mint car or another in their DMC collectors box
somewhere.  Otherwise I have not seen any stock DMC RC cars.

Charlie

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:52:40 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Need Grey Seat covers!

Me too,  but Brian has dibs.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:49:07 -0000
From: "Chuck McKnight" <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF

Thanks for the info.  I got three.  One to open, one to keep in the
bag, and one for my two year old brother (gotta influence him young).

Chuck

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> 4 of my neighbors stopped by to give me the news that their

kiddies  received

>> a BTTF DeLorean toy today in their kids meal....so my Dad and I

went to  the

>> Wendy's and ordered a kids meal and we're the new owner of a toy

DeLorean.

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:13:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I just drove 600 miles today in 1860, which has the
NOS seat covers from europe..  No sweat, but a numb
ass.

<snip>

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:34:13 -0000
From: "outatime12" <charles_gonzales1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I got my car on Mon and the Car Is great!!  Thank you Stephen Clark
for your post!
Charlie

Ordered

the window

to say

disappeared

and an

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:16:44 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

I have coth seats as well, and will never go back to leather. I'm up
here in Las Vegas, and can tell you that the seats are a must have for
anyone who sweats. You'll stay nice and cool in the summer, and will
quickly warm up the seats in the winter.

Any good upholtery shop should be able to make a set of cloth seat
covers for you. And by good seat covers, I mean that they keep and
maintain the original stiching. I don't know who Don Steger uses, but
he says DMCGG has been using the same shop for a number of years, and
they're quite familiar with DeLorean stiching. They did my seats, and
they turned out fantastic. Both the stiching on the front, as well as
the back of the seats is a perfect match. 5 years, and hardly no
discoloration, unlike alot of the interior. And I've had a a couple of
people in the past who actually thought that these seats were factory
issued. It's a nice sturdy cloth, with strong matching stiching. It's
a little darker than the gray interior, but will match either black or
gray interior perfectly. Plus if you do sweat, you can't see the dampness.

The choice is your's as to what kind of fabric to use. I've seen
several cars on eBay since mine that use the exact same type of
material, that have had the seats done by DMCGG. And I does look good.
When you choose your own cloth, color is of course up to you (you can
even choose two different types of inserts), but there are 4 rules to
making the seats look good. Sure everything is your choice since this
is you car, but these can help it to be customized, with looking as
factory as possible:
1. Don't mix and match cloth with vinyl. It looks like a hack job.
2. Don't have piping installed onto the seats.
3. Do not use fuzzy cloths or velvet.
4. Stick with factory stiching.

-Robert

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Headlight Switches

I know we are close to the number needed.  In looking
at some of the major vendors who bought (P.J Grady and
DeLorean Motor Center) each with 25 order, it makes me
wonder if and why not Delorean One has not ordered
any?     If there are no more switches available and
they are still in the business of servicing cars
wouldn't they also require some?

Has Ed been contact to see if he is interested in
adding to the order?   It would be great to see D1 on
the list as well.

Tom Watkins

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:34:53 -0000
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Reproduction headlight switches - AZ-D

UPDATE

FYI - In an effort the get this done the AZ-D (Arizona
DeLorean Club)
has just placed an order for 3 of these switches on
top of what our
members have already purchased! Any other club care to
step up?

Randal "The 3M Guy"
AZ-D Prez
www.az-d.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:22:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin

Interesting information there, Stian!

That would mean that the DMC-36 would have probably been either an extended cab truck, or an SUV predecessor.  I've only heard this code mentioned a couple times in books, but the thought of a DMC SUC is pretty awesome!

Rob

Stian Birkeland <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no> wrote:
DMC-12
Many have heard the old story that the "12" in DMC-12 was supposed to
be the predicted initial sales price of $12,000 - finally started at
$25,000!

But I've also heard that the "12" was DMC's code for 1(st) car, 2
(seater/doors).

DMC-24
Somehow that makes more sense when we know that DMC's next model was
supposed to be named DMC-24 (based on Giugiaro's Medusa)- yeah, you
guessed it - 2(nd) car, 4 (seater/doors)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:00:40 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

http://www.delorean.com/seat_covers.html

There you go.

-Joe

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "contactjuggle" <contactjuggle_at_dml_h...>

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:00:07 -0400
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Clutch Disk (performance clutch system)

I installed the centerforce  racing clutch in my 82 for added performance. It is a direct replacement and is listed on there web site for our cars. It is NOT the standard clutch they offer. I had no issues on installation and it has performed well.
This how they describe it:

CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTIONŽ

Generates up to a 90% increase in holding capacity over
stock systems. This clutch/disc set is designed for use with
engines producing 'high horsepower and torque' output, and
any radically altered high performance street vehicles. This
system is also ideally suited for use with four wheel drive
vehicles. All CenterforceŽ clutch systems provide smooth
engagement and light pedal pressure without compromising
high performance.

Cecil Longwisch

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:16:10 -0500
From: "Duke" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: emergency brake pads cross ref?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cross reference for the emergency brake
pads.  I've got the car on the rack this weekend (which is a pain to do) and
was wanting to put the pads in while it was up.

Thanks for any help!

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:46:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com
Subject: VIN 6859 Owner Please Contact Me

Title says it all...I am wondering what your complete VIN is; please contact me off-list. Thank you.

Mod of the week...feel free to forward this to the proper list member, I don't have his email anymore.

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:04:36 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Exhaust Tips

Hi, I was wondering if anybody had a source for exhaust tips that closely
resemble the 82-83 tips.  I searched delorean.com but it appears they only
sell the tips with the muffler.  Does anybody know of a aftermarket tip that
looks just like the factory tips?

I googled "exhaust tips" and there are about 200 companys selling tips.
-Alex

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Which Wendy's?  My wife and I can't seem to find any
toy Deloreans for our two toddlers!  We keep getting
the stupid Oompa Loompas!  We can't even find one in
the toy stores.  Any ideas?  We live SW of Baltimore.

Joey and Tricia
VIN#6297

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:45:28 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Need Grey Seat covers!

I have several sets of Black & Gray NOS seat covers. If you want a  pair of
new NOS seat covers please email me.

Sincerely,
Mike

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:01:06 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: New Delorean Website with BTTF4

www.thinkstainless.com

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:10:33 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Cool!! Where did you learn that from? Very interesting. That will
help in the paper that I have to write about DeLoreans. Thanks

Josh

Every paper that I write is about DeLoreans so new information is
hard to come by:)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_n...>

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:15:08 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

"--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...>
wrote:
but there are 4 rules to making the seats look good. Sure everything is
your choice since this is you car, but these can help it to be
customized, with looking as factory as possible:

>> 1. Don't mix and match cloth with vinyl. It looks like a hack job.
>> 2. Don't have piping installed onto the seats.
>> 3. Do not use fuzzy cloths or velvet.
>> 4. Stick with factory stiching."

Who came up with these rules!  If its custom there are no rules.  Ive
seen some very nice Ds with a cloth center panel for comfort and the
edges done in leather or vinyl.  If it looks like a "hack job", thats
the shops fault.  As for the rest of the "rules"... dont tell Curtis.

Ron

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:16:06 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 Does anyone know when this interview took place? I take that it
wasn't that long ago since Tamir isn't that old. I read in the Gold
Portfolio where John said that he did own DeLorean and that it was in
storage.

Josh

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:18:25 -0400
From: "mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net" <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>
Subject: Re: emergency brake pads cross ref?

These are the same brakes used in many earlier Jaguars; I bought a set
for a similar-vintage Jaguar XJ-6.  Got 'em from my local Parts-Source
for about $75.00 CDN (cheaper than the $150 CDN for the set from the
Jaguar Dealership).  I took an old one with me to be double-sure, and
yes, they're the same & they went in no problem...

- ed
1982 DMC-1211594