Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2823
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:28 Aug 2005 14:33:25 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: BTTF Delorean toy at Wendy's Restaurant
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: DeLorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clark of BTTF.com
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

3. New interactive DeLorean game at BTTF.com
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

4. Monster garage episode
From: Ed Kane <wingnut702001_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. *** Door Switch Wiring Code ***
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>

7. Re: Standard Transmission
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

8. Re: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: Stephen Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

9. Available Delorean Documentary
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

11. Roll over picture [was Question.....]
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

12. Rough running
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

13. Re: Re: BTTF Delorean toy at Wendy's Restaurant
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. DMCH Headlight switches
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

15. Wooden De Lorean
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

17. Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

18. Window Sticker
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

19. Headlight problem
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Rear suspension bushings
From: "delorean6859" <tmadsop_at_dml_comcast.net>

21. LED's blowing fuses
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Roll over picture [was Question.....]
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

23. Giorgetto Giugiaro's website
From: Delorean3_at_dml_aol.com

24. AW: emergency brake pads cross ref?
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

25. Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:39:31 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: BTTF Delorean toy at Wendy's Restaurant

I went into one Wendy's and all they had was Casper the friendly  ghost.  I
called around the other in my area and this is what I was  told.

Oh those where last months promotion.

No we might get them next week.

Yes, we do have them.  Then when I got there they wanted to give me  some
ball or something.  I asked to speak to the manager and he got the  BTTF toy from
his office.  They only had three left but said they expected  more in next w
eek.  One came with a meal I bought and I purchased the only  2 others he had
now.  If anyone want's me to pick some up please let me  know and I'll try.
They are not very good looking but they are a  DeLorean.  I will post some
pictures.

Dē & 6530

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:52:46 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clark of BTTF.com

http://www.wendys.com/kids_meal/

The "Universal Family Favorites" promotion officially began August 22
and will run through October 2 (while supplies last).  Wendy's has
never been one to advertise their Kids Meals, so I do not anticipate
any television commercials for the toys. And while it is a nation-wide
campaign, franchisees apparently have the option of whether or not they
wish to carry specific toy lines, and are not obligated by the company
to begin offering new toy lines until they're sold out completely of
the previous promotion (e.g. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory").

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:56:09 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>
Subject: New interactive DeLorean game at BTTF.com

http://www.bttf.com/88mph.php

Courtesy of Universal Pictures International Video in promotion of
their upcoming 4-Disc DVD Collector's Set (outside North America)

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:24:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ed Kane <wingnut702001_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Monster garage episode

Hello,  I wanted to know if anybody new the name of the "Monster Garage" episode that used the delorean as a hovercraft.  I heard different stories about this and wanted to see it but never got what episode it was.   i don't believe in destroying a delorean,  cause i dont, just want to see this episode.  Thanks

                                                                                               Ed  Vin 11212

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:31:53 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: emergency brake pads cross ref?

Guy's, I sell the factory original parking brake pads for $39.95 per set of
4.

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:48:22 -0400
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: *** Door Switch Wiring Code ***

Would someone know the Color Code for the Door Switch Light..
Also need the Dome Light codes.
Thank you,
Pat

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:47:03 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Standard Transmission

Yes it has..... but here's a quick fact list

Venturi 400GT - most powerful car using a UN1 - 600bhp in LeMans spec
Lutus Esprit V8 - next most powerful.

Both have strengthened internals which as fas as I know means they're
disassebled and the gears and shafts are hardened.

Also look at

http://www.bell-performance.co.uk/gearbox%20upgrade.htm

Martin

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:11:42 -0500
From: Stephen Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

I looked far and wide for a cross-reference to Emergency Brake
pads...nothing even close.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:30:39 -0000
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Available Delorean Documentary

So far I've bought "Delorean:  The man and His Car" DVD and "History's
greatest blunders" DVD off ebay.  What else should I buy?

Many, many years ago I remember seeing a Documentary about the
Delorean... in particular, I remember a young lady interviewing
someone from the company (I think Eugene Cafiero,) who got snippy with
her.

He says something a little angrily like, "I don't think the car looks
like anything else!  It's unique!"

Again, did I imagine this?  Is it available anywhere?

I loved the "Man and his Car" DVD, by the way.  The DMC promo film at
the end (with that guy driving the prototype) was a little spooky.
That music creeped me out.

--S

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:51:37 -0000
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>

They are off of a 1980's Jaguar.

HOWEVER... Get them from a vendor.  I have tried several different
aftermarket brands, and the whole pad keep snapping off the backing
plate.  The ones from the vendors are the only ones worth buying.

-Dave Stragand

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:16:22 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Roll over picture [was Question.....]

These pictures in the roll over section are REALLY the aftermath of a
broken TAB?? I mean, the rear wheels are in perfect place-the front
wheels are the ones bent to hell. If that was from a TAB breaking-
enough to flip the car; I'd think the rear wheel would have to be at
least a little out of place, no? -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:30:20 -0000
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Rough running

Ok guys.  I have already searched the archives and had no luck
finding the right answers to my problem. So now I'm asking for yalls
help with my cars rough running engine.

I just refinished rebuilding my engine.  I am 100% positive my timing
chains are in the correct position on the cams and crankshaft because
I followed the directions in the shop manual.  So that's not a
problem..  I also set the distributor cap timing following the
instructions from the shop manual.  Using a timming light, I have
adjusted the timing between 12 and 0 degrees TDC for the #1 cylinder
and the engine still runs very rough.
Also, my fuel distributor and injector lines are connected
correctly.  I have no vacum leaks on the engine (new lines all the
way around). The ignition coil is good and I'm getting fire to all
the plugs.  I'm getting fuel to all the cylinders as well.

I connected the spark-plug wires to the distributor-cap by matching
up the numbers stamped on the cap with the numbers stamped on the
cylinder heads.  Was this the correct way to do that?  The reason I
ask is because when I get the engine started, it runs as though it's
ready to jump out of it mounts (extremely rough); like only one or
two cylinders are firing.  The throttle has no impact on performance
when depressed either.

I know there would be a million different things to check, but I have
checked all the ones I can think of.

Could someone with experience at an engine rebuild please call me or
write so that I can discuss this issue in furter detail. Please.

My cell #901-486-6972.  Please leave a message if I don't answer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Lingo  #2034

What am I doing wrong here?  I can't think of what I have missed

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:38:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: BTTF Delorean toy at Wendy's Restaurant

They may not be all that good looking, but they're beautifull compared to the McDonald's version.

Chuck

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:48:53 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: DMCH Headlight switches

All,

Because of my earlier post about the counter for the headlight switch,
I just placed the final order for 3 more switches, making the total
250, before the expiration date.  I have no idea what I am going to do
with them, but they will now be made.  And if you want one, once they
are made and delivered, contact me.

Bernie

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:03:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Wooden De Lorean

( Could we please keep any coments or negotiations via direct emails to Chuck instead of using the list. Bruce Benson, current moderator )

Hi everyone.  Have you seen the hand-carved wooden models of vehicles in malls or at flea markets?  Well I am trying to get the company that makes them to start producing a De Lorean model with opening gullwing doors.  They would be $26 a piece plus shipping, but I need 100 orders for them to be made.  I am not positive yet if this whole deal will work or not, but before I procede further, I would like to see if anyone else would be interested in buying one.  Anyone who is interested please send an email to woodendelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com.  This would not be a binding contract yet, just a notification to me to let me know if it is worth it or not.  If you want to see some of the other models they make go to http://www.christianshoppersnetwork.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=10.
If I can get these De Lorean models to be produced, not only will we have a cool new model to add to our collection, but it will also be a great way to publicize our favorite car.  I'm sure it would be the prominent model on any vendor's table.  Like I said though, right now I am just trying to see if there is any interest among other De Lorean fans before I go any further.  Even if I get 100 interested people I cannot absolutely garantee that they would be produced, but I will try.

Chuck McKnight

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:05:35 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Stephen,
The parking brake pads are made by Mintex out of England and besides me I
don't know anyone stocking them. I use them in rebuilding the DeLorean
parking brake assemblies and the Jaguar people buy from me also.

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:54:24 -0000
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: DMC -12 Model Name Origin

>From what I understand the 12 did stand for$12,000 and was a pre-
production code name.  The only model name used by DMC for the
production car was "Sportscar".  I believe I read this in JZD's
autobiography.

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:16:49 -0000
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Window Sticker

I've seen a .pdf version of a blank window sticker that says to use it
to make a reproduction of your original sticker. I tried to edit the
file but it is password protected.  Does anyone out there know the
password?

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:38:13 -0000
From: "painterdave72" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Headlight problem

Hi all a friend of mines D is having a problem with the headlights.. they wont
go off... If u push the switch once for the parking lights they come on and twice
the headlights come on. but u push it to turn them off and the headlights
remain on.. the parking and side lights go off like they should.. could the
switch be partially malfunctioning??? Thanks...Dave...vin.. 15275

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:53:28 -0000
From: "delorean6859" <tmadsop_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Rear suspension bushings

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get the rear
suspension bushings, Part #100154.  I may need 8 of them if DMCH is
correct and they cost $50 each!  That may be the cause of my rubbing
rear tires (that and possibly needing 2 new lower link assembly).   Any
help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nate

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:08:56 -0000
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: LED's blowing fuses

This doesnt sound right to me but every since I upgraded my DMC's door
bulbs to LEDs and edge markers to LEDs my #12 10AMP fuse controlling
the door lighting gets blown every time I press the headlight switch
into position 1 were it turns on interior and front signal lights.

anyone else have this problem ? or any suggestions. clearly im going
to try uping the #12 slot to a 15 or 20 if it keeps blowing everytime
the door lights are on with the side marker lights.

~ Josh Tidwell

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:23:29 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Roll over picture [was Question.....]

stainlessilusion wrote:

>>These pictures in the roll over section are REALLY the aftermath of a
>>broken TAB?? I mean, the rear wheels are in perfect place-the front
>>wheels are the ones bent to hell. If that was from a TAB breaking-
>>enough to flip the car; I'd think the rear wheel would have to be at
>>least a little out of place, no? -----Dani B. #5003

After looking at those pics, I kind of agree.. The fact that both rear
wheels are still relativly in alignment  and there is no lateral fender
damage on either of the rear fenders from either of the wheels shifting
enough to cause a loss of control,  I think it's unlikly this rollover
is from a broken TAB just by looking at the pics.. It looks more like it
resulted from broken steering components or perhaps one of the ball
joints seperating.   But I wasn't there.. so who really knows. All we
can do is take their word for it., and I see no reason why anyone would
be dishonest about the reasons for the crash.   Just my two cents.

Oh. and now that i've finally gotten a chance to actually work on my D
again after over 3 weeks of being sick/extremely busy/out of town, i'll
update my site here in the next few days.

VIN# 03209
http://badger.brazi.net/delorean

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:40:10 EDT
From: Delorean3_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Giorgetto Giugiaro's website

In a message dated 8/27/2005 3:27:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

DMC-24  (based on Giugiaro's Medusa)    Thought everyone would be  interested
in Giorgetto Giugiaro's  website.
_http://www.allthingsaus.com/motoring/fidia_design.htm_
(http://www.allthingsaus.com/motoring/fidia_design.htm)

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:47:51 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: emergency brake pads cross ref?

Gus, where did you look ???

ok, this is a german source, but I know them and they get the stuff from the
UK.

https://www.limora.com/index1.php?tpl=clickable_vertikal.tpl&PHPSESSID=de83c
12be94c4157de6b44f961a00a61&rubrik=2027&teil=45&artikelnr=200933&artikeldeta
iltop=120

20? = 25$   not too bad, huh ?

and the other pads around 20$.

Jaguar E type and XJ series had them installed so there is a market for them
and they are avaliable. See also the calipers, seal kits, pistons....

My car still ha eth original pads on, they don't really wear...

Elvis

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:58:20 -0000
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

I'm pretty sure I heard that at Eurofest Belfast 2001. I'm not 100%
sure, but I think it must have been either one of the ex-managers or
ex-employees at DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. who told me this.

Yes, John Z. DeLorean came up with the DMC-12 and it was suppose to
cost $12,000. Apparently, the "12" stuck around long after it was
clear to all that the car would cost a lot more than $12,000.

The factory in Belfast had to come up with an explanation for the
name DMC-12 to the public which was hearing about the "DeLorean" and
the "DMC-12" all the time.

The factory had used the DMC-12 more or less as the internal factory
code to begin with (as do all car manufacturers when they're
developing a new model and don't want to reveal the real name)

At the same time they had a new car in the pipeline, code-named the
DMC-24. The factory continued to use the "DMC-two-digit" model name.

Had the factory continued, I'm sure we would have seen both the DMC-
36 (the SUV) and the DMC-44 (4x4 car).

Regarding the DMC-80. It was to be a bus and not a car, therefore its
model name cannot be compared to the above. But the bus itself
represented something new (low floor, easy to get in and out of),
simply the no.1 Bus of the 80's! So why not the DMC-80.

Speculations perhaps, but just imagine what if the company had
survived...what cool cars would we be driving today?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Cool!! Where did you learn that from? Very interesting. That will
>> help in the paper that I have to write about DeLoreans. Thanks
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> Every paper that I write is about DeLoreans so new information is
>> hard to come by:)
>>

>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_n...>

supposed

>> at

>> was

you