Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2828
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:30 Aug 2005 20:47:29 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Blowing fuses with LEDs.
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

2. Re: valve adj
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Re: Business Cards
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

4. Re: Part #108675 - HOSE,WATER
From: "Steve Auyer" <n2tkx_at_dml_arrl.net>

5. RE: Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF
From: Justin Lambright <jlambri4400_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Rough running
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

8. Re: Re: Rough running
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:44:00 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Blowing fuses with LEDs.

Not likely to happen on a car with only 15v or so to play with, and all
LED bulbs that I've seen have resistors in series with them as part of
the assembly

Several of the LED replacements we do in the 501 type which are
reversible actually contain a rectifier which means they can be reversed
and still work. Those that don't just don't light up when plugged in
backwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original query was with regards to the
marker lights - BA9's and cannot be "plugged in backwards".

Martin

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:49:58 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: valve adj

Why? If the book says to do them cold, why not just do them cold?

Martin

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:39:14 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Re: Business Cards

Contact me off list.

Steve  steve(AT)fotofx.net

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:35:27 -0400
From: "Steve Auyer" <n2tkx_at_dml_arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Part #108675 - HOSE,WATER

If rubbing on the back fascia is all that bothers you, you could simply cut an inch or two off the end of the hose where
it connects to the #110131 Coolant Pipe.

Another trick is that the #110131 Coolant Pipe (the one that contains the Fan Cooling Switch) actualls has a section
about 8" in length between the adapter for the Fan Cooling Switch and the end where the #108675 hose connects. Usually
the hose only goes over the first 2" or so of the pipe but you can loosten the hose clamp and push another couple of
inches on the hose over the pipe if you don't want to cut anything off the hose.

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:42:57 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Troubles-updated/flames from exhaust

Your vacuum does not sound normal. Vacuum should be steady at a steady idle
speed. If it was varying because the idle speed was varying, that's okay,
but if your idle speed was steady and the vacuum was jumping it indicates a
problem in one or more cylinders. Rather than typing in a long explanation
of how to diagnose engine problems from vacuum readings, I recommend that
you read some of the many excellent web pages out there which can help you
understand what vacuum readings indicate. Search for vacuum engine diagnosis
and you'll find them.

You might have a misadjusted valve, broken valve spring, or some other
cylinder-specific issue that needs to be corrected.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 05:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Justin Lambright <jlambri4400_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Delorean toy at Wendy's Resturant per Stephen Clarke of BTTF

I called the Lombard Wendy's and they say the promotion lasts for a month. The get a new toy every week. They had Babe, American Tail and Casper but no DeLorean yet. I seen the display case inside and it looks nice. It comes w/somthing that looks like the cover of the BTTF trilogy DVD. So don't no body get discouraged.

therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:
You're probably going to have to ask around on this one, depending
which Wendy's is near by you. However, this is a promotion they have
going on, for Universal Pictures, and have several toys based off of
various movies. Take a look at their website if you want to see what
it looks like.

http://www.wendys.com/kids_meal/yesflash.shtml

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:42:30 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Rough running

You are right on.  I found leaks around the intake manifold, around the
O-rings.  I am on the hunt now for some new bolts to tighten the intake
manifold down to the engine block.

Thanks for the input.

Lingo #2034

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:44:23 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Rough running

Thanks for the info.  My timing is set correctly now.  I have found a leak
between the intake manifold and engine block.  Easily fixed, just need to
get around to it.

Lingo #2034