Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2834
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:1 Sep 2005 23:31:40 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. New DMC Owner with problems
From: "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. More New Owner Questions re: Painting Fascias
From: "jedimasterglenn" <jedimasterglenn_at_dml_comcast.net>

3. De Lorean photos (High resolution)
From: "Polkaroo" <polkaroo79_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Thanks
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Re: Running light problem
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

6. Paper Gaskets
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

7. Re: Headlight Saver
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:30:25 -0000
From: "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: New DMC Owner with problems

I just got my 82 DMC VIN 11572 9050 miles
I have some bugs to work out with it but overall its' in good
condition.  I'm gonna try to work on it by order of importance, so I
won't ask for all my problems to be solved in this first posting.
Currently the AC is not blowing cold air.  When the ac is turned on
the compressor kicks in and out and the electric fans on the radiator
kicks on and off at the same time as the ac compressor.  Any insight
on this would be great. Also, the temp gauge doesn't work.  It worked
last week when I test drove it.

Terry Frewen
1982 DMC 12

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:32:02 -0000
From: "jedimasterglenn" <jedimasterglenn_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: More New Owner Questions re: Painting Fascias

Hello,

A while back, I stumbled upon a great personal website that
documented
the removal & painting process for both front and rear fascias.  I
believe the owner resides in the UK.  Anyone know the URL for this
site
by chance (or have insturctions for the process)?  Also, any tips on
matching the factory correct paint would be greatly appreciated!

I also need to correct a few "frowns" in my front fascia before re-
painting.  Anyone have any experience doing this?  I've seen the
reinforcement brackets that can be used, but am curious to
know how intensive a project it might be.

Thanks!
Glenn

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:36:39 -0000
From: "Polkaroo" <polkaroo79_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: De Lorean photos (High resolution)

Hi all,

I'm a freelance writer doing an article for Auto Week magazine. Mike
Sturba from Windsor brought up the Yahoo group as a place that might
have some high-resolution photos of the car that the magazine could use.

They are looking for a 3/4 frontal view, preferably plain background,
with a high print resolution (266 to 300 dpi). If anyone has one
they'd like to share, please email me at "jameschung1979-at-gmail.com".
Also if you have any questions, please do email me. Thanks.

Sincerely,

James Chung
Email: jameschung1979-at-gmail.com

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:03:32 -0000
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Thanks

Various vendors responded to a specialty item I requested and one came
through in spades.

To that vendor, I say thankyou.

I also got an email from Ebay on an unrelated item that I had bought
long ago, urging me not to "complete the transaction."

Uh, the transaction was completed over a year ago.  Are people getting
in trouble?

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:09:01 +0100 (BST)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Running light problem

Hey thanks for replying. No it definately isnt that. The bulbs and sockets are new. And the problem is the same when I swop over the sockets.

Thomas Mc Auley
Belfast
Vin #4087

stainlessilusion <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net> wrote:
Clean both contacts in the bottom of the socket the bulb goes into.
Sounds like one of them isn't making contact. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:34:40 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Paper Gaskets

Do I need any type of gasket sealer/cement for paper gaskets, like the
valve cover or waterpump gaskets, or just leave paper alone?

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:07:14 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Saver

Hi, even more interseting is my #2001 brake lights dont work when
the key is not in the ignition....

Curious  :)

UK

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_a...> wrote:

>> Interesting, Mark.  My brakelights on VIN 1880 work when the ignition
>> is turned off.  The cutoff must be somewhere in between 1860 and

1880.