Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2836
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:2 Sep 2005 22:19:02 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: HID Headlight questions.
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

2. Re: Checking In From Katrina
From: rodney rael <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Re: Headlight Saver
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Re: DeLorean Factory Aerial Picture Wanted
From: Mads de Bruin <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>

5. Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?
From: "gklee01" <gklee01_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: HID Headlight questions.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

8. Re: HID Headlight questions.
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Re: Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. #101716 Fuel Tank Closing Plate
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

11. Re: Headlight Saver
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

12. RE: Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

13. Rub Strip Glue
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. headlights
From: Steve Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

15. Georiga
From: Steve Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

16. ATTN DeLorean Historians; who was Erv. R. Tallberg?
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: Electrical upgrade kits
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Tech Session With Rob Grady
From: "Greg Linstad" <glinstad_at_dml_aseptico.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:44:54 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: HID Headlight questions.

Chris - As a matter of fact, we offer a kit that features true HID
projectors for the low beams, and high-end halogens for the high
beams.  The components are first-rate quality, and the kit is
specifically developed for the DeLorean application.  The DeLorean
owner who originated this kit, in conjunction with a shop that
specializes in these kinds of systems, is on the DML, and may add
his personal experiences with this system on his car.  You can read
some of the details by jumping onto our site, and doing a search
for "K3001DP".  This system is one of the innovative items in our
Wings-A-Light line.  You can also email us off-List and we can
provide you with photos of a HID-equipped DeLorean.  The photos will
be uploaded to the site after some further maintenance to the
website.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_b...> wrote:

>> Just curious. Does anyone on the list here have any experience

with HID headlight conversion on the delorean?

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:42:36 -0600
From: rodney rael <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Checking In From Katrina

Happy to hear you are ok Jeremiah.... Katrina was not so nice to the Gulf...

 My D. # 3300 Sends regards from dry and safe New Mexico.
 Rodney
3300

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:44:24 -0500
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Saver

#4687's brakes are always hot.

I thought this was a USDOT requirement....

-Kevin

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:13:04 +0200
From: Mads de Bruin <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Factory Aerial Picture Wanted

There are some in the Files section.

Mads

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:45:14 -0000
From: "gklee01" <gklee01_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?

I really have to ease the gear shift into second gear or else I grind
it.  Normally this isn't too much of a problem since I drive pretty
conservatively, but at times I get the "itch" and want to quickly run
through the gears.

It isn't hard (i.e. much resistance) to pull down into 2nd, it just
seems I have to engage the clutch for a good second before I should
try moving from 1st to 2nd.  Can someone tell me what is going on?

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I think there was an article on this in Gull Wing
Magazine recently.

http://www.gullwingmagazine.com/

IIRC, Toby had something to do with it.

http://delorean-parts.com

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:56:58 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?

Your 2nd gear synchro ring is wearing out.

-------------- Original message from "gklee01" <gklee01_at_dml_yahoo.com>: --------------

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:16:17 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yup, in Volume 3, Issue 1 of "Gullwing". (Current Issue)

It's my son's car that has these headlights BTW, and they are great! ( I
refuse to use the word "awesome", which someday will go down in history as
the most abused world in the English language.) In any event, they really
bring the car up to current standards in lighting.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:37:56 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

I've fixed a couple of these now - it means that the car was driven too
long with the original plastic clutch line. This causes shifting
without completely disengaging the clutch. Result is that the first-
second gear sliding gear is getting worn (for some reason in my
experience the sliding gear wears before the synchonizer but the syncro
is probably chewed up too). Good news is that it probably won't get any
worse if you have the braided clutch line, bad news is that it's an
expensive and hard-to-get couple of parts that you need to fix it. Be
on the lookout for an ebay trans. In the mean time shift slowly.

Dave Swingle

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:45:12 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: #101716 Fuel Tank Closing Plate

I'm looking for #101716 Fuel Tank Closing Plate - got a used one?  I'll
repaint and refinish if its in rough shape - mine has a hole the size of
a cantaloupe.  Please email me at work - TTait(AT)brcweb.com

Tom

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:14:54 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

06683 the brake lights work wit the key off.

Mark V

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:09:16 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

How old is the clutch set up and is the clevis rod adjustable.

From:gklee01
Subject: [DML] Grinding into 2nd gear ... ?

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:40:47 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Rub Strip Glue

I'm not sure if this was discussed before.  I looked around the archives and could find
nothing.  Anyways, I was pulling the D out of the garage and did not know that my
brother put a box of crap behind the car.  He and I are doing body work on a '67
GTO, so the box was full of heavy metal parts.  The D pushed the box aside, but it
took off the small piece of the rubber strip next to the rear marker light.  No damage
though.  Is there any special glue or anything I should look into for re-applying the
strip?  Does 3M make something?  If so, where can I get it?  Thanks.
Corey

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:44:49 -0400
From: Steve Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: headlights

Vin 1089 , brake lights will come on without the key.

Steve 1089

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:47:05 -0400
From: Steve Ableman <s.ableman_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Georiga

In Sept. 2003 there was a show in Gainsville, Ga. , is that club still
active? When is their next show?

Steve 1089

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:33:22 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: ATTN DeLorean Historians; who was Erv. R. Tallberg?

Hello:

I was able to track down on of those DMC logo; DeLorean stock certificate.

The certificate was issued to Erv. R. Tallberg for 2,500 shares on April  18,
1980.

Does anyone know who this person was, and how were they related?
Dealer?

I'll brink the certificate to Chicago with my display.
Sincerely,
Mike Pack

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:14:40 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical upgrade kits

well, I'm not quite sure. Another owner emailed and said something
about the fuse box. I looked at it and it didn't look melted. The
battery is new but nothing works on the car anymore, when I bought it
the lights worked and pump worked. I emailed DMCH to see how much it
would cost me for them to rewire the whole car but have not heard
from them yet. I'm running out of ideas.

Josh

>> Josh, What kind of up grades.
>> John

driveway? I need one and don't have any fancy equipment to work with.

Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:23:35 -0700
From: "Greg Linstad" <glinstad_at_dml_aseptico.com>
Subject: Tech Session With Rob Grady

While in the Seattle area on some other business, Rob Grady has
graciously offered to attend a PNDC Tech Session on Sunday, Sept 11th
and share his vast knowledge of the DeLorean with us. I've sent out a
postcard to all PNDC members and also alerted Knut to spread the word in
Oregon. This message is an open invitation for anyone in the greater
Pacific Northwest to attend and meet Rob. Contact me off list at
glinstad(at)aseptico.com for additional details.

Greg

VIN# 1216

VIN# 6214