Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2844
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:7 Sep 2005 16:09:29 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>

From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

From: "geoff_ombao" <geoff_ombao_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

From: Richard Rosales <calif93030_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

16. Re: Front License Plate
From: Andy Verbrugghe <andy_verbrugghe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. newdelorean.com
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Fanzilla Clone?
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Silly Questions
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Louder Fuel Pump Buzzing after Replacing Fuel Hoses at the Fuel Pump -- Sound Deadening Help
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

21. Re: Front License Plate
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Front License Plate
From: "Andy Verbrugghe" <andy_verbrugghe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Interior Door Handle
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>

24. Re: OVERHEATING?
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

25. Re: Louder Fuel Pump Buzzing after Replacing Fuel Hoses at the Fuel Pump -- Sound Deadening Help
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:39:34 -0500
From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>
Subject: Stolen Facia

[Moderator Note:  Please, let's not have an off-topic discussion of law enforcement procedures or hypothetical vehicle recovery schemes.  Those belong on a law enforcement discussion board.  I will continue to approve messages in this topic as long as they contain specific information about this DeLorean or other DeLoreans.   - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

    That sounds a little fishy. Is there anyway to go to the BMV or have police
check to see how many Deloreans are registered in the state and where they
are located. Maybe someone is getting parts for theirs that they may have
stuffed in their garage or something. I couldn't see someone wanting a
souvenir like the facia and tail lights just to hang around in the garage or
whatever. I assume there was a police report filed? They should be able to
to find out where or if there are other ones around that area.

                                         Jason #5903

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:51:33 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: newdelorean(dot)com

Was this all a hoax?  In my mind, if DMCH was really behind this, and
they said it would be open today, then it would be open today.

-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:44:52 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Stolen Facia

Jason,

There are lots of DeLoreans in Ohio.  The DeLorean club was very active
in years past.  KK is from Ohio.

However, as far a Bill knows, he is the only one in Columbus.

Bob

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:30:50 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Fanzilla Clone?

I stumbled across this on eBay...looks like it acts similar to
Hervey's Fan Fail Fix 2x2, yet it has a 2 second delay ala Fanzilla.
Anyone have one of these?

-Patrick C.
1880

No, this is not my auction or that of anyone I know.  Just looked
interesting, but I'd rather have a real fanzilla.

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:30:39 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

All,

I'm sure it will come online, but launching a new commercial website is
not only a PITA, it has to be reviewed by not only the producer, but
all entities involed, legal, etc.  It's not easy at all.  I'm pretty
sure it's almost ready to go, but needs legal approval.

The name is owned by DMCH, without a doubt, the domain name is
registered to James Espey (sp?).

Bernie

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:41:12 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Re: newdelorean(dot)com

Patrick C. wrote:

>>Was this all a hoax?  In my mind, if DMCH was really behind this, and
>>they said it would be open today, then it would be open today.
>>
>>-Patrick C.
>>1880

I notice it now says september, instead of september 6th.. So I figure
they don't have whatever they were going to unveil ready yet..

VIN# 03209
http://badger.brazi.net/delorean

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:49:04 -0000
From: "geoff_ombao" <geoff_ombao_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Front License Plate

Greetings. This weekend I was issued a 'fix it' ticket (fortunately, with no fine) for not
having a front license plate, which apparently is required on all cars registered in
California.

Does anyone know if a front plate mounting bracket exists that does not require me to
drill any holes into my facia?

- Geoff

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:01:34 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Stolen Facia maybe not

I think maybe you may be confusing the front emblem Grill and damaged front
fascia
I have been working on Bills car and I was to get his car to do some work  on
it this week and he never mentioned that to me
Also as of mid last week the rear fascia was on the car at Dave  Bauerles
Bill is bringing me the car in a few days so I will e-mail him and get the
story
I think the missing front emblem grill has grown into a bigger story
If it is gone its news to me
and It was not on the list for me to repair.

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:03:53 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

I know of at lest 6 DeLoreans in Columbus

There are a lot of DeLoreans in Ohio

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:11:02 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fanzilla Clone?

Are you talking about this? http://tinyurl.com/a3ehe

Mark V

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Rosales <calif93030_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Front License Plate

Talk with Don in Garden Grove and Stephen in Houston.  They both have brakets which mount under the bumper.

Richard
2800
So Cal

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: OVERHEATING?

Yes, I have the air bleeder installed from specialT-works great.  Shouldn't this prevent any air that may be trapped in the system and shouldn't it be self bleeding?

Again everything works fine, fans come on when they are supposed to and does not overheat.
However no thermostat is installed-I don't what to leave it that way...

Once I install the thermostat (the right way of coarse) it begins to overheat _at_dml_ about 175F. No water in coolant pipe where to otterstat is located, no water circulation and fans do not come on-because no water in that pipe.  Hoping a 3rd thermostat is the trick--can't think of anything else.

Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com> wrote:
You're air-locked at the radiator. Take off the top vent hose at the
radiator (passenger side top) until coolant starts to flow. Then
follow the bleeding procedures in the manual.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski
wrote:

>> Water bottle bubbles over cap removed, anytime the temp. reaches

around 160F. No Water cirucalation after that point, Fans do not
come on because no water in the coolant pipe where the ottostat is
located downsteam of the water pump (New pump). Changed to new
thermostat same result!

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:40:27 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

Whoops, forgot to include a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-Dual-Fan-Controller-Parts-Fix-Idle-Stall_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33600QQitemZ7998639084QQrdZ1

Patrick C.
1880

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

PJ Grady sells a stainless one..

Part #108025GS

http://www.pjgrady.com/lgspec.asp?id=31

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:45:26 -0000
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

John Hervey has one at
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-
parts/Stainless%20Steel%20Products.html

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andy Verbrugghe <andy_verbrugghe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hello

I've made one myself out of a plate of stainless steel. It's bend 3 times (first flat, then diagonal and then vertical) and I used the existing holes from the lower front grill to hang it on. That way it comes out just in front of the bumpers and I didn't have to dril any holes in the bumper. Extra advantage : when I park too close to a wall, this is the first thing getting hit ...

Since pictures say more than words ...

http://www.dmc-delorean.com/apow05/dmc07.jpg
http://www.dmc-delorean.com/apow05/dmc10.jpg

Regards from Belgium

Andy Verbrugghe
VIN#04610

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:15:37 -0000
From: "ashtonorlan" <ashtonorlan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: newdelorean.com

funny....DMCH not following through with something....thats a suprise.
Now it says September 2005..."we'll just forget about that whole 6th
thing."

BD

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Long story short, I know someone in town that has a
DeLorean.  As he and I got to know one another, his
son-in-law got ahold of the FanZilla schematics and
started to build one.  8 months later, the owner of
the DeLorean showed me the "prototype" of what his SIL
had built.  We plugged it in, took his car out for a
spin, and it worked perfectly.  It even had the fan
lights indication..1...2 fans working, and the fans
kicked on one at a time after the compressor kicked
in.  Turned off the same way..

Not saying this is the same guy...it does look
similar, but it's been nearly a year since I saw the
original one.  Maybe it is...?  I may have to visit
the owner of that DeLorean again.. see if his SIL
decided there may be a market for them.

Jeremiah

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Silly Questions

A better approach would be to give them Bruce Coloumbe's website address where they can actually buy a flux capacitor!

http://www.bfcoulombe.com/BTTF.html

Tom Watkins

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:50:02 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone got anything clever?

I want to get in on this, even if I am late.
Time to time, some over-clever child will call and ask to buy a flux
capacitor.  I can shut them up and insure that they'll keep their
distance by simply asking for a credit card number.
Warren at DMC

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:57:18 -0500
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Louder Fuel Pump Buzzing after Replacing Fuel Hoses at the Fuel Pump -- Sound Deadening Help

Hello Group!

I just replaced my fuel hoses at the pump this past Monday with the
orange hoses with the teflon liner.

Overall, I'm happy with the teflon hose product, except... after
finishing the job, I noticed that my buzzy fuel pump was sounding like a
giant mosquito when the sound of the engine is not covering it up.  It
was buzzy before, but now it is definately louder... on the verge of
being annoying.  Given that the difficulty in bending the hoses made
things tight in the space, the hoses are definately touching the access
panel and maybe the bulkhead in that space.  So, I think the buzzy sound
from the pump is getting transfered more efficiently to the bulkhead via
the stiffer hoses.

I think a little sound dampening is in order (padding the areas of the
access panels/bulkhead that the new hoses are touching).  Anybody have
experience in dampening/isolating fuel pump noise?  What's the opionion
on urethane foam?  I think I can harvest appropriate chunks of it from
test equipment packaging.  Or is this material too dense and will not
dampen much sound?  Any other dampening options?

On the upside, I feel that I am getting improvement in acceleration
performance since the fuel hose job.  Before, I used to get some degree
of power hesitation under heavy accelleration.  Since my type of daily
driving didn't require me to drive like a maniac, I've learned to work
around that.  I cannot fully explaine the improvements just yet.  For
now I am speculating that there was partial blockage in the old hoses,
or some other narrowing of the hose cross section... I haven't autopsied
the hoses yet to see, but  I know that one of the return line fittings
had gunk in it like cholesterol buildup in an artery.  All fittings are
now new except for the supply side.

Regards,
Wayne / VIN#2447
www.AA9DY.com

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:04:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Geoff,

I know that DeLorean Motor Center, DMCH, PJ Grady, and
SpecialTAuto all carry the stainless front license
plate bracket that does not require drilling holes
into the Front Facia to install.  BTW, I live in SoCal
and have yet to be issued a fix it ticket and I have
been stopped by police 3 times in my DeLorean
recently, fortuanately no tickets (the officers
probably just wanted to look at my car).  I hear
things are different in NorCal though from owners up
there.

-Chris Mack
Nov 81 grey int/5 speed DeLorean 6000 series VIN

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 11:14:03 -0000
From: "Andy Verbrugghe" <andy_verbrugghe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I made something myself out of stainless steel : I've bended a plate
3 times (horizontal-diagonal-vertical) and mounted the horizontal
part to the existing holes that hold the lower front grill. That way
the vertical part comes out just in front of the bumper and I didn't
have to dril holes in the bumper. I've mounted my numberplate to the
vertical bit. Another advantage is when you park somewhere too close
to a wall, that the first thing getting hit ...

Pictures say more than words, so ...

http://www.dmc-delorean.com/apow05/dmc07.jpg
http://www.dmc-delorean.com/apow05/dmc10.jpg

Regards from Belgium

Andy Verbrugghe
VIN#04610

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "geoff_ombao" <geoff_ombao_at_dml_y...>

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 05:15:57 -0400
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Interior Door Handle

Does anyone have some tips for replacing the driver's side interior door handle(the one the pull strap wraps around)?  It looks like 2 bolts hold it in but I wanted to consult with the voices of experience before tearing the door apart!
Thanks as always,

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:54:26 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: OVERHEATING?

Hi

Im sure im stating the obvious but you are putting the thermostat in
the right way up ( im not even sure it can be put in 'upside' down
but check the parts manual for the correct installation )... you are
using the correct temperature range thermostat ??....Once the
temperature has risen the thermostat simply opens up and lets water
circulate to the radiator via the left hand (drivers) large hose etc,
you are saying this hose doesnt get hot at all with the thermostat
installed, is this the same for the pipe at the radiator end? ( Be
careful of fans switching on while you are under there  :)  )  if not
then the water is not circulating to the radiator, either you have a
big air lock at your radiator or your pump is not doing its job, is
this an origional D pump or one from a D vender ?? Have you bleed the
radiator from the little hose at the top ( careful removing this its
a plastic nipple on the rad )

Make sure your pump bleeder kit isnt blocked up disconnect from the
tee end and blow hard down the end, make sure this bleeder hose is
installed in an upwards direction so this doesnt air lock too!.

Regards

Yorkshire, Uk

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, John Podlewski <john_podlewski_at_dml_y...>

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:06:42 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Hi

Where my lines touched the back of the access panel there was a
definate noise transfer... i simply stuck some 'sticky backed' foam
insulation tape onto the fuel lines at that point to stop this... 10
min job in all ... no noise now  :)

Regards

Yorkshire, UK