Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2872
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:19 Sep 2005 00:38:16 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: Delorean3_at_dml_aol.com

From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

24. RE: Re: Loud Ticking Noise
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

25. Re: Sexy DeLorean Photos
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:12:37 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Key Blank question

I think the last time I broke a key was for my old '82 Datsun Maxima
(Wagon). Lasted a long time, but the strange thing was the key copies
I got afterward acted separately too. One opened my doors, the other
started the ignition. Funny. Say, in regards to Mr. Hervey, do you
have blanks for sale on SpecialTAuto.com? just curious as I've gotten
parts from you before.

>> Interesting, I've never had a key break unless it use twisted to

hard or

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:17:21 -0000
From: "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Car Cover

Anyone have any opinions on "Carcoon?" I heard they were great for
taking care of collector cars, both inside and outside. Seemed kind
of
pricey though. I live in MI myself, so when it snows the thought does
cross my mind to cover my DMC up. Last year I just shoveled/swept it
off frequently and tried to run it when I could actually drive it.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> Hey.  Does anyone know of a good outdoor use car cover?  I see DMCH

sells the

>> dealer option fitted one, but is says it is an indoor/temporary use

cover.  Due to the

>> GTO my brother and I are restoring, the DeLorean has to stay

outside
for the time

>> being.  I have an outdoor cover that I bought from Auto Zone, but

it
really sucks.

>> When it rains, the car gets soaked right threw the cover and I have

to detail it again

>> before I drive it due to all the water marks and dirt.  In fact,

all
the cover seems to

>> protect the car from is the sun!  I really do not want to have to

detail the car EVERY

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:42:18 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Loud Ticking Noise

Ah, so it didn't top out then? When that happens, you can smell hot
metal. Sounds like the manifold gasket has gone. You can't usually hear
a tappet from inside the cabin - at least not what I'd call "loud".

Martin

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:45:25 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Hi Toby

You are absolutely correct, and I ain't gonna argue with you with
regards the DeLorean engine except.... the 24v PRV has actually got
lifters - it's a really bizarre setup, still SOHC but with three lobes
per cylinder and seperate rockers for inlet valves, with the exhaust
valves worked by a V-shaped rocker running of the central lobe. Each
rocker has a little lifter which run in a line directly above the camshaft.

More a point of interest really  :-)

Martin

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:00:18 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

BUDGE sells one at Wal-Mart real cheap and it works great.
It is breathable and water proof. Just look on the back of the boxes and you
will find DeLorean listed there and the size you need, but it is one of the
smaller ones.
- VB

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:20:43 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

OK, valve cover removed, easier than I thought it would be.  And
everything looks fine in there, no broken springs, cam lobes look
good.  All rocker arms ok.  So what next, while I'm in there?  Looks
like it might just be a blown exhaust gasket.  Need new vacum hoses
though, the ones in there are so shot.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_a...>
wrote:

>> I would recommend you take off the valve cover and inspect it even
>> though it could be a blown exhaust manifold gasket. A valve

adjuster

>> may have been loosened or you may have broken a valve spring.

Whatever

>> it is - you should try to locate the problem before it potentially

does

>> some damage.
>>
>> Harold McElraft - 3354

[moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:35:31 EDT
From: Delorean3_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Sexy DeLorean Photos

In a message dated 9/18/2005 11:12:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

http://dfwdmc.com/091705.html

I find that last post disgusting. Never have I ever seen such photos. Next
time, make sure you take them with a better camera.  They were a little out  of
focus.

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:44:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Videobob,

Your the man!!! Great pics!! Sorry...did not see a
DeLorean in the pics;)

Joey

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:05:42 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: AC door vents needed

Does anyone have a pair of the AC vents for the doors?

Maybe it is the same from some other car?

Any ideas?

It is part # 100761 called Air Deflector, Door
Thanks,

Dē & 6530

If your curious as to why I need them, I posted a  picture which you may find
interesting.

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:23:50 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

I think this is really rude, really rude that you didn't notify others
about the event until AFTER it occured  :)   Next time, please notify us
in advance, so we can check out the bumpers of these classic beauties
in person.

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:47:33 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Car Cover

>> I have been impressed with these covers! Call their hotline to make
>> sure you are getting the one you need.
>> http://www.calcarcover.com/

I second this. I bought their "Noah" style car cover for my Delorean,
and it's a perfect fit. Not entirely waterproof, but good enough now
that my D is stored in a carport.. but I had it outside for a few
years with this cover.  It didn't need "detailing" when I took it out,
just a little windexing and it was good to go.

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:52:14 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

P.S. they come in about 5 colors, I got the gray one.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_c...> wrote:

>> Covercraft weathershield.  They have a custom one for the

DeLorean.

>> Costs about $300 but worth every penny.  Call this number and ask
>> for Laura, she will set you up, 1-877-673-6960.
>>
>> Bernie

[moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:24:12 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Stolen in Seattle

>> You probably already know this, but in case you don't:  Do a reverse
>> search on the phone number through smart pages.

FYI: Reverse lookups don't yet work for cell-phone numbers (which is
what Sprint-PCS is).

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:46:33 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

Corey,

I bought a custom Delorean cover from autoanything.com.  It was a covercraft
NOAH car cover.  Fits the car perfect.  I bought it mainly for sun
protection, but in a light rain it will do fine.  But I'm sure Katrina would
have soaked through.  It cost just under $200 with a locking cable and free
shipping.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:08:56 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Key Blank question

Group, Key blanks are on the web site for $1.00 ea. below is the link.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/accessories.html

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Car Show photos

VB,

As Homer Simpson would say  "DOH!".....Those are some
amazing shots.  Oh my gosh!!!!  Any chance of shipping
those girls up here to Maine!

Those shots made my day.

Tom

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:23:12 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

They are not out of focus, they were over exposed to create a nice
background blur.
I am using a Sony 7 megapixel camera, of course I have compressed these down
to nothing
for web use.
To be honest, I have a lot of other really nice photos that I didn't post :>
I will leave that to your imagination.
- VB

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:24:54 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

That is a Covercraft fabric, the Weathershield cover is just a tad
better,and also home machine washable.  If you want the ultimate go for
the top of the line WeatherShield Ultra heavy duty something like
that.  I called and got a catlog with fabric swatches, that way you can
make your own decision on what to get.  I did not like the way the top
of the line fabric felt, it will scratch the stainless steel.

I will put the cover on the D and post a picture.  It takes all of 2
minutes to put on, and then one more to lock it on.  Very lightweight
for what it does.  And no it won't protect the car from a hurricane,
but then again, get out when a hurricane of considerable size
threatens, and not in your D, use the biggest car/truck you can, pack
up what you need and run.

Bernie

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:26:12 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: LED Rear Light Replacment...

I dont know exactly. Somebody on this list had a problem with the LED
replacement bulbs making the cruise not work. I have cruise installed
on my delorean and have a 3rd LED brake light with no problems.

Mark V

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:29:34 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

John,

Not availble anymore from DMCH, they have one left and it's way
bigger than a D. To quisi-quote Warren "You could put the D in it
and move in with a small family" somthing like that.  I know, I
asked.  If you do happen to find someone else importing them please
let me know.  I am right now searching out storage facilities to put
my 2 D's in while I get a new garage built.

Bernie
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Rydholm" <ebondefender_at_dml_y...>

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:34:00 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

But does anyone have key blanks for the old style locks?  I need to
make some new door lock keys.

Bernie

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:49:05 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

I agree, we need higher res photos and better focus, but they are great
Pics.  Now if only we can get them without VB in the pic.  They would
make a great pin up calander.

Bernie

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:50:12 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

LOL !!  I'd better take another look at those poor quality pics...

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:53:23 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Loud Ticking Noise

Pick up a feeler gauge and check valve clearances.  Easiest way to do it is
to align the engine at TDC for #1.  Remove the muffler and use a 35 MM
Socket to turn the crankshaft.  If clearances are okay than check into a new
set of exhaust gaskets.  I hear the SS ones at Special T Auto are real nice.

Jeff in NC

>>From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: [DML] Re: Loud Ticking Noise
>>Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:20:43 -0000
>>
>>OK, valve cover removed, easier than I thought it would be.  And
>>everything looks fine in there, no broken springs, cam lobes look
>>good.  All rocker arms ok.  So what next, while I'm in there?  Looks
>>like it might just be a blown exhaust gasket.  Need new vacum hoses
>>though, the ones in there are so shot.
>>
>>Bernie

[moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:54:59 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

Videobob,

That has to be the absolute SEXIEST pics involving a DeLorean I've ever
seen.  If I wasn't getting married I'd ask for the number for the girl in
the 4th pic down.  My kind of woman.  Serious but sexy!!  She looks like she
doesn't play around :P

Great pics bro!

Jeff in NC

>>From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [DML] Sexy DeLorean Photos
>>Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:44:49 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>Videobob,
>>
>>Your the man!!! Great pics!! Sorry...did not see a
>>DeLorean in the pics;)
>>
>>Joey

[moderator snip]