Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2884
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:22 Sep 2005 22:17:55 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Fanzilla Clone revisited
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Thinking of selling my car
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Thinking of selling my car
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Stainless regraining
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. The first step....
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Thinking of selling my car
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: DMC (Texas) operating hours
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

8. Re: Ball joint failure
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

9. Re: Hurricane Relief Donations by the DMC Owners
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:29:16 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fanzilla Clone revisited

Keep us posted on this new one.  I may get one if it's good.  If not,
I'd go with the Fan Fix Dual 2X2 most likely.

Matt
VIN: 2953

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:52:25 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Thinking of selling my car

That is why I bought it in the first place. A car that I can work on
in my spare time and when it gets running I can say that I did all
the work myself. My time at college is a lot less than I thought it
would be and there is nobody around my area that knows DeLoreans. I
have emailed a few people that know how to work on them to see if
they will take the car and get it to running order and I can pay them
for their time and the parts but no word from them yet. The college
that I am going to will not let me have more than one motor vehicle
so I can't park it in the parking lot and work on it here. It is just
sitting in my mom's driveway being used as storeage space.

I've tried to get help from other DeLorean groups but they don't
really help other than ask questions. I just want mine to run nothing
more, I can work with that.

I've had old cars in the past. 1960 Rancheo, 1966 Beetle, 1980 Olds.
All were not running and I got running for close to nothing however
they didn't have electrical problems. I have also worked on countless
Chevys from the 70's and 80's. I can work on cars mecahnically but
electrically I'm lost.

In my family I am on my own on cars, my dad left when I was 12 and
I'm surrounded by women that don't know how to fix stuff.

I know that I will always have trouble with my car but I don't need
one that is realible, I ride my bicycle everywhere and only need a
car for when I move stuff and if I can ever get a date:)

Josh
10989

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "denverdelorean"
<denverdelorean_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> if you are willing to give up on your car so easily, then maybe

this

>> isn't the car for you.  There are tons of cars out there that
>> are "better than mine"  but I also want to make my own car better
>> and better.  My car has a small ding in the left rear quarter,

needs

>> a headliner recovering. needs a new drivers side mirror. ( the one
>> on there is no longer breakaway, but I would have to point out that
>> it is a repaired mirror)  The seats could use a recovering but have
>> no heavy wear.
>> All of these things are on my list to fix or return to like new
>> condition, but that is part of the draw.
>>
>> Just fix your car.  Make it great!  you'll love it all that much
>> more when it is done!!
>>

>> Matt
>> #16076
>>
>>   --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_y...>

>> decide

seller

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:53:11 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Not right now, as I have other things to fix before I spend $170 on
a drivers side mirror.  And everything works except for the break-
away feature.  Cosmetically, the mirror is perfect.  Is the piece
you need available by itself?  I looked on Delorean.com and only see
full assemblies.

 See what you can find from the vendors.  If you have no luck, maybe
we can work something out.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_g...> wrote:

>> Matt,
>>
>> Any interest in selling your broken drivers side mirror?  I am

trying to

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:00:05 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless regraining

Is there some reason why a drill can't be used?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> If you go to Delorean One and click on repair/body work there is a

small picture of the tool.

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:40:00 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: The first step....

Well, I took the first step in the process of doing my time machine
conversion.
I finally did the most altering thing of the car....I removed the rear
quarter glass and louvers.
The first glass I did with a razor, a putty knife and a rubber mallot.
This was a knuckle buster and about killed me.
So on the other side I did something some would consider insane, others
genious....
and I used an 18V DeWalt Recipricating saw with a metal blade to cut the
window out.
It worked pretty well, and aside from a little scratching on the inside
which won't be seen
it went smooth!
So now the glass is out and the louvers are off.
The metal work begins tommorow on the decklid and the building of the rear
vents.

So, does anyone need any rear quarter side glass or rear louvers?
They are in almost perfect condition but could use re-painting.
I also have a new-never-installed 3rd brake light that I bought from Stegar
that I could include as a package.
I spent over $150 on that rear light and I never put it on.

So if someone wants the louvers, hinges, new struts and 3rd brake light for
the
super low price of $500.00 + shipping let me know.
They are in good shape, no breaks, no cracks good filler panels....
Photos upon request.

Left & Right rear glass (tinted) - $60.00 + shipping.

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:32:08 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Most of the electrical gremlins on a Delorean are easily remedied.
What is the car doing?   Will it not turn over?  not catch?  does it
act dead on a full charge?  We are all here to help.  I am a young,
lone wolf owner myself, and have 2 classic, finicky cars that get
98% of thier maintenance from yours truly.

Contact me off list at mwessel97_at_dml_msn.com if you want me to try and
help you.  Electronics are easy, once you know what you are dealing
with.

P.S.  The two cars are the D' and a 69 Dodge Charger.  Both cars are
not well known for thier bullet proof electricals, but I manage

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:56:17 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: DMC (Texas) operating hours

I hope she doesn't try to blow out that candle...

-------------- Original message from "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>: --------------

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:51:22 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Ball joint failure

Uh Oh, it may just be time for everyone to replace the balljoints, they
are 25 years old at least, who knows how long they were at the factory
before being installed, and 2 in the space of a week?  Same with the
trailing arm bolts.  Man I have a lot of work to do.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> Same exact thing has happened to me in 6149 last sunday. I was

driving a

>> highway speeds and then right after I slowed down and got onto a

surface

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:21:42 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hurricane Relief Donations by the DMC Owners

Just donate directly to the red cross.  Donations for relief should
be made for those in need, not for the glory of those that give.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_h...>
wrote:

>> I just got an idea.  If there was a way we could do it, and

osmeone was

>> willing to get lots of mail with checks.  Set up a bank account

you

>> could deposit money into and we all mail even just a little bit to

this

>> person.  Then, when the total gets up, take all the money together

and

>> donate it to the Red Cross for the Hurricane Relief Fund on behalf

of