Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2886
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:23 Sep 2005 20:14:35 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. My Delorean to be on VH1 and in the theaters!!
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: battery voltage loss
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. *** SS water return pipe = Battery ***
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>

4. San Diego British Car day 2005 Update
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: Re: Fanzilla Clone revisited
From: "Chris Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

6. Re: Ball joint failure
From: "ctdmc83" <nmastrocinque_at_dml_sikorsky.com>

7. Re: battery voltage loss
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: battery voltage loss
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Cat Remvoval
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>

10. RE: Cat removal
From: "Nelson, Allan" <abnelson_at_dml_waterousco.com>

11. Re: battery voltage loss
From: Lacy <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Ball joint failure
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:28:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: My Delorean to be on VH1 and in the theaters!!

WOW!  Is that the back of your head, on the driver
side Kevin?

 :)

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:17:18 -0000
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: battery voltage loss

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the engine compartment
light was not shutting off after closing the cover. Check all your
lights (even the glove compartment) in the dark.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:10:22 -0400
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: *** SS water return pipe = Battery ***

Hello Charles:
Since I am Not a chemist, How does the introduction of Stainless to the
system Create a Battery effect that will eat the Block?
Thank you Charles.
Pat in NJ

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:48:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: San Diego British Car day 2005 Update

Hello,

I spoke with Dave Cox today regarding the San Diego
British Car Day 2005.  For DeLorean owners who wish to
caravan to the event, at 7:00 a.m. Oct 2 (sunday) we
will meet at the McDonalds at 1050 W Valley Pkwy,
Escondido, CA 92025.
We will leave McDonalds at 7:30 a.m. sharp.  In order
to be placed together at the event, we will have to
enter the show together.  The Website with details of
the event is

http://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org/flyer05.html

The show will be held at Fairbrook Farms, 4949 S.
Mission Road Fallbrook, California

Registration is $20 per vehicle.  If anyone has
questions regarding the event or thinks that they
might be attending please email me and let me know

Thanks and hope to see you there

-Chris

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:01:28 +0100
From: "Chris Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Re: Fanzilla Clone revisited

I have a similar setup on my car although I have added some black insulation
tape over the words 'fan fail' on the reverse of the panel so that only
'cooling' lights up.  Works well!

Chris Hawes in the UK

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:44:59 -0000
From: "ctdmc83" <nmastrocinque_at_dml_sikorsky.com>
Subject: Re: Ball joint failure

OK Gentlemen-

I'm convinced.  Can anyone recommend the "toby-tab" EQUIVALENT of
ball joints?  I want the best, period.  No compromises.

Thanks,
NM

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> Same exact thing has happened to me in 6149 last sunday. I was

driving a

>> highway speeds and then right after I slowed down and got onto a

surface

>> street the lower ball joint on the passenger side has failed on me.

The two

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:34:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

First check the lights in the glove box, bonnet, and engine
compartment. Next the cigarette lighter and both doors. If you haven't
found it yet have the battery load tested. If you are still having
problems put a current meter on the battery and pull out the fuses
one-by-one until you find the circuit that is draining the battery.
You can also have a bad alternator so it too has to be testd. A short
cut would be to just install a master switch.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Unplug the lock module, and see if it goes away.

If not, unplug the dome light delay module, and see if
it goes away.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:24:36 -0400
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>
Subject: Re: Cat Remvoval

When I first bought my car it had an exhaust gasket leak. While
getting that fixed it was discovered the cat was plugged up. At the
time I couldn't really afford a new one, so the shop just hollowed it
out and put it back on. Years later when I needed an exhaust gasket
leak fixed again, I had a new cat installed.

Anyway, during the time I had a hollowed out cat, the car still
passed PA emissions without any trouble.

I didn't notice any performance differences.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:23:52 -0500
From: "Nelson, Allan" <abnelson_at_dml_waterousco.com>
Subject: RE: Cat removal

Here is some interesting reading, or at least another perspective on the
subject of emissions equipment tampering and R12 use.

Al

http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/scams3.htm

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:20:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lacy <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hi, How did you disconnect power locks? Is there a fuse for them alone or did you have to disconnect wires?Thanks

Stephen Jones <smj_at_dml_cirr.com> wrote:I just disconnected my power locks at the recommendation of others.
I don't like to commute in my car so I drive it a lot less than I used
and I've had two batteries go down .. something that would work for
me is to install a battery cut off.

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I bought mine from Hervey.  Its a great product at a great price.

Erik