From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:13 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 2895

1. Re: "D" may stand for Divorce....the ongoing 6859 saga
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Variations of the original big Sales Brochure?
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

3. Re: LED Center Console Burnout
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. Re: Cooling fans
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Weird Question Alert.
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. AW: Painting the intake manifold
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

7. Re: "Mock" DeLorean needed
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:32:22 EDT
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: "D" may stand for Divorce....the ongoing 6859 saga

       I doubt that you'll find a shortage of DeLorean owners who havent faced the same problems that you're running into.  If it helps at all, your DeLorean sounds like it's in better shape then mine was when I purchased it 8 years ago.
       Trust you best judgment on whether or not you want to pull the trans yourself, but let me just say, that after having the trans out of my delorean, it's not a project that I would ever want to repeat, at least not without a lift.  If the car is already testing your paitance, trying to put that transmission back in will surely make matters worse.  Again, if you have access to a lift, it's a differnt story, but putting a transmission while lying on your back on a cold cement floor, in any car is no picnic.  I prefer to do everything on my DeLorean myself, but when it comes to the transmission, next time I face that issue(hopefully there won't be a next time) I will gladly pay to make that job somebody elses problem.

Owning and maintaining a DeLorean can be quite a time, and garage consuming experience (it's amazing how a small car can manage to take up both sides of a
2 car garage when you start to take parts off, and have tools all over the place).  But from my standpoint, its still a blast overall.

Andrew
4194

PS:  The other thing that should worry you is when the person selling it says "It's got a little problem with the fuel pump, but don't worry, it's nothing major."  Chances are you should worry and it is something metaphysically major.

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Variations of the original big Sales Brochure?

Tamir noticed the European brochure.  You can view both of them in the "Propaganda" area of his site.

www.entermyworld.com

Jake Kamphoefner
1063

In a message dated 9/26/2005 8:56:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com writes:

One my water damaged brochure, the first page simply says "Presenting the DeLorean", and on my new brochure that I got today, it also says "Presenting the DeLorean" yet at the bottom of the page it says "De Lorean Motor Cars Limited, Dunmurry Industrial Estate, Dunmurry, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland, BT17 9JJ".

I never knew there were variations to the brochure. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:39:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: LED Center Console Burnout

Rod,

I've had mine in slightly less time than you, but the car is driven daily.  I had one of the white bulbs begin "strobing" erratically, but the company agreed to replace it for free.  --Now I just have to get my ass in gear and mail it to them!  :-)

Jake

Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
I have had LEDs in my center console for about two years. I am having to replace them one or two bulbs at a time due to burnout. It is always the four top bulbs, never the three on the bottom. I used red bulbs on the bottom for the fan fail, door lock and rear window defrost. I used super white in the other four slots. Has any one else had a problem with LED burnout? I changed out my doors to LEDs at the same time and have had no problems there. Thanks Rod 10921

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:40:50 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling fans

The fans are mounted on the back of the radiator, but to my
knowledge, they "pull" air through the radiator.  The air moves in
the correct direction.

Whatever it is, it works.  These cars did go through a fair amount
of r and d before production.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I have a fairly stupid question.  Feel free to mock me if I am way
off
> base, but...
>
> Don't the cooling fans sit behind the radiator, and blow air
forward? This
> seems all fine and good while sitting still, but when the car is
in motion
> the airflow is entering the radiator from the front.  Doesn't this
mean
> that using the cooling fans at highway speeds is actually
> counter-productive?!??
>
> On "old-fashioned" cars, this made more sense, since it would be
silly to
> push the air through the radiator and into the engine
compartment.  But on

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Weird Question Alert.

Hey.

Is the entire lighting portion of our cars 12 volts
(binnacle, doors, license plate, headlight/hazzard
switches, interior dome, console, etc)?  I know -
weird question - but I found a suitable replacement
LED for the headlight/hazzard switches as well as the
cigarette lighter, and I just want to know which
voltage I should order.  I made this mistake once and
ordered 6V LEDs - not fun...

Jeremiah

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:38:15 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Painting the intake manifold

I have sand blasted and clear coated my intake and valve covers on
my car and on a second one and have seen it on other cars, too.

Nothing burned away so far and it still looks like new after 10k miles.
And it wasn't even a "high temperature paint".

Even the exhaust manifolds still look pretty good after painting them
with that silver stuff from POR15 (in this case high temp paint of course).
That won't last forever, that's for sure.
But that's something totally different compared to the intake and valve
covers.

Elvis

I'm looking at painting my intake manifold and valve covers to spruce up the
look of the engine a little bit.  However I'm not sure what paint to use.
I've found a couple posts in the archives about using hi-temp paint only to
have it burn away in a few minutes.  But this could be for a number of
reasons like improper preparation, etc.  Anyone have any experience with
this?  If so what paint did you use?  Any special preparation?

Thanks,
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:37:46 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: "Mock" DeLorean needed

Rich W has that fiberglass one made by code one.

Matt
16076.

PS.  They probably wont allow an internal combustion engine at the
venue they are using.  Someone should tell them that cars will still
move when they are off

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_g...>