Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2903
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:30 Sep 2005 21:59:38 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Alternator Belt
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

2. Re: Historical Pictures
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Turbo Question
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

5. Re: Historical Pictures
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

6. Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Las Vegas, Nevada Events.
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. repainting rear sunshade
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:10:51 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator Belt

The belt should be toward the loose side but not so loose than when
you try to turn the alternator pulley the belt will slip allowing you
to turn the pulley. Much tighter than that and you will kill the
bearings in the water pump and the alternator. It sounds like your
alternator could be out-of-alignmnet. Vee belts do not like
misalignment, everything MUST be in the same plane. Check with a
string or a straightedge. Also make sure the belt is correct. It
should not be riding on it's bottom, ONLY the sides of the "vee". It
is also possible you have a problem with the alternator or the water pump.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_m...> wrote:

>> How tight must the alternator belt be? I had a belt beak on me once.

Here's

>> what happened: I started the car after it had sat for over eight hours
>> (while I was at work). It ran very rough after starting. When I

pressed the

>> accelerator I heard the belt squeal a couple of times. All of a

sudden a

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:07:47 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

I have est. 200 picture negatives that JZD gave to me as  payment for working
for him. Some of the negatives are close to 30 years old,  and I'm afraid
that they will deteriorate., however I need to have them  developed before the
next convention.

 The pictures are very interesting and show the factory in operation  and his
visits to Italy, England and Belfast. I think they would look great on a
vendors site as an historical record of the development & operations  there.

In a message dated 09/30/2005 10:49:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

After  searching the net I found some interesting historical pictures
of the  DeLorean factory and the like.

However I was wondering of anyone out  there has some nice quality
(large) photos of the DeLorean factory in  operation, DeLorean's at the
shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know  there have been some on the
cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I  would just like to have
some larger images of these. Any help would be very  much appreciated.
Thanks!

Dan
4160

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:32:18 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo Question

The turbo itself is only a part of the whole turbo installation. The
amount of horsepower the whole installation can generate is a function
of the way it is installed and set up. It is certainly possible to
generate this much AND MORE. The problem is you get into issues like
longevity and "The Weakest Link" problem. The transmission will not be
able to handle that amount of power without EXTENSIVE modifacations as
well as the motor. Creating enough boost (pressure) to get that kind
of horsepower will blow up the stock motor quickly unless it was also
extensively modified. Most turbo installations limit the amount of
boost (and horsepower) to 5 lbs on an unmodified (stock internals)
motor. This gets you from around 130 HP to around 190 HP. Martin Turbo
did not make the turbo, they only installed it. If you look closer at
the turbo you should find another name if it was not removed or maybe
it's under the label. Martin Turbo is probably the shop that installed
it and maybe they can get you more information (if they are still in
business).

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:37:35 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Perhaps PJGrady.co.uk can help you out there im sure they would look
good up on their new site along side all of the other interesting
stuff they have on there.

Regards

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:58:04 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

Get those developed and put into digital form so they'll be around forever,
I don't think you'll find too many more good pictures of the factory,
especially in production.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Newdelorean.com? or is it new Delorean.com

Have you all checked out www.delorean.com yet?  Looks like they updated it.  Also, www.newdelorean.com did not work for me today.

Erik

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:08:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Las Vegas, Nevada Events.

What time will things start on Saturday?  I won't be
able to come Friday night but I can get there on
Saturday if I know where and what time.

I hope it's a good turnout

Japheth Deaux
VIN:1223

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:

>> This October 21st & 22nd, the AZ-D club will be
>> coming to Las Vegas
>> for a get together for both their club members, and
>> as an opprotunity
>> for all local Las Vegas owners to come out for a
>> real get-together.
>>
>> Friday we'll be having a dinner _at_dml_ the Hot Rod Grille
>> in Henderson, and
>> will be hosting a whole host of activities on
>> Saturday afternoon and
>> evening.
>>
>> -----------------
>>
>> This November 1st thru the 4th SEMA will be in town.
>> As usuall, there
>> will be a few DML'ers who come to town to attend.
>> But regardless of
>> the show, if there is any one who wants to show up
>> after the show for
>> a get-together, please let me know. While it may not
>> be as big an
>> event as the AZ-D show, we're definetly going to try
>> and meet up.
>>

>> Is there anyone interested in either show? If so,
>> you can e-mail
>> myself directly at DMCVegas(AT)cox.net for further
>> details.
>>
>> -Robert
>> vin 6585 "X"
>>

>> To address comments privately to the moderating
>> team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
>> sale see www.dmcnews.com

>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! for Good

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:05:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: repainting rear sunshade

Hi,
I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had a good procedure for this?  Mine is a bit faded and has some white marks on it from hitting my T-panel.  Any instructions would be great.

Thanks,
Erik