Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2904
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:1 Oct 2005 18:47:55 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: DCS and Christopher LLOYD
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Surprise photos
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>

3. Re: Historical Pictures
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. Carcoon
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

6. RE: Trailing Arm Bolts Replacement Advice Please......:)
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

7. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

8. Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Tour 2005 - LAST CALL!
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

10. Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

12. Engine swap Chevy 350 :)
From: "realrealgone" <realrealgone_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Headlight Covers
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Re: Las Vegas, Nevada Events.
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. The trip to see Carl, and the Gold DeLorean. Kind of like an update.
From: "Rex" <sephiroth_at_dml_merriman.com>

16. Re: Carcoon
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

17. Can see light in my car through drain hole in front of Windshield...please help
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

18. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. RE: Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

22. Re: Historical Pictures
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. front fender alignment?
From: "Duke" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

24. 1984 - Isdera Imperator 108i and JZD(better link)
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

25. pre-ebay sale
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>





Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:05:12 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DCS and Christopher LLOYD

I sympathize... after all, "did you ever find any cocaine in your 
car?"

--S


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> 
wrote:

>> I saw him and the show last night, he was very cool and signed a 

lot of 

>> stuff and took pictures, but he made it clear in his act how 

irritated he is 

>> with BTTF.
>> Apparently he didn't get paid too well from it which is why he is 

doing 

>> comedy and selling his paintings....he said, "I hate to dissapoint 

you all 

>> but I'm not a millionaire".
>> The he talked about all the acting training he had and how he 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:14:59 -0400
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>
Subject: Surprise photos

I was looking at the P.J. Grady Europe website and got to...

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericContent.aspx? 
PageType=Delorean_Repairs&ShowContent=Project_12_Door_Pillar_Repair.html


Hey! Thats my car.

I was planning on uploading before and after photos, but I guess they  
saved me the trouble.  :) 


- Jason





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:44:50 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

Here is an idea...
I, like most owners, would LOVE to have these pictures scanned in  
High-Res and put on a CD.  That way they would always be around  
forever and anyone could have access to them.

Why doesn't someone scan these (I have a slide scanner and would be  
willing to do so), burn them to a lot of CDs, and sell them at the  
DeLorean Car show 2006?  Maybe we could donate all of the profits to  
the John Z. DeLorean scholarship at Lawrence Tech University (is that  
the right school?).

Just a thought, I know I would pay $10+ for a copy.
-Patrick C.
1880


On Sep 30, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com wrote:


>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I have est. 200 picture negatives that JZD gave to me as  payment  
>> for working
>> for him. Some of the negatives are close to 30 years old,  and I'm  
>> afraid
>> that they will deteriorate., however I need to have them  developed  
>> before the
>> next convention.
>>
>>  The pictures are very interesting and show the factory in  
>> operation  and his
>> visits to Italy, England and Belfast. I think they would look great  
>> on a
>> vendors site as an historical record of the development &  
>> operations  there.
>>
>>
>>
>> In a message dated 09/30/2005 10:49:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:
>>
>> After  searching the net I found some interesting historical pictures
>> of the  DeLorean factory and the like.
>>
>> However I was wondering of anyone out  there has some nice quality
>> (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in  operation, DeLorean's at  
>> the
>> shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know  there have been some on the
>> cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I  would just like to have
>> some larger images of these. Any help would be very  much appreciated.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Dan
>> 4160
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC  
>> INFORMATION.  IT
>> IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES)  
>> NAMED
>> ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you  
>> are not the
>> intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any  
>> review,
>> dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is  
>> prohibited.  If you have
>>  received this communication in error, please notify me immediately  
>> by return
>>  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed  
>> copies.  Thank
>> you for your cooperation.
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see  
>> www.dmcnews.com
>>
>> To search the archives or view files, log in at http:// 
>> groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:50:28 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: repainting rear sunshade

If you don't want to go through the whole process of removing,
cleaning, repairing, painting, and reinstalling, a real quick amd
'dirty' fix is to just go over the spots with a magic marker. It works
great and will be invisible.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had

a good procedure for this?  Mine is a bit faded and has some white
marks on it from hitting my T-panel.  Any instructions would be great.

>>  
>> Thanks,
>> Erik
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> 		
>> ---------------------------------
>> Yahoo! for Good
>>  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. 
>> 
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:55:55 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Carcoon

I have been in touch with carcoon.uk. They can ship them and they are
recomending the #4 size as opposed to the #5 size suggested by DMCH.
The problem is they want 776 in English Currency which at about 3 to 1
comes to $2328 in American Dollars PLUS SHIPPING!!!!! The #4 size is
about a foot shorter so it is less than the #5 size but it is still
too much. Does anyone have any comments about the car capsule?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:13:41 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Trailing Arm Bolts Replacement Advice Please......:)

Mike, I can document how to do it, but most people have their own way of
taking the old bolts out and putting new bolts in. Some jack up the car and
some don't, some on a rack some are not. I'll make up instructions and email
them if you want.
John Hervey

  

-----Original Message-----
From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Mike Bosworth
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 8:42 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Trailing Arm Bolts Replacement Advice Please......:)

Hi All

I am going to tackle my trailing arm bolts replacement tommorow , i 
have a new set of bolts from Hervey and some new SS shield nuts from 
Grady.
I cant really see a 'how to' anywhere on this, I have found the 
article on the DML tech page but without sounding ungreatful its a 
little bit sketchy and disjointed. Has anyone documented this or have 
any advice on the same. If i have known i wouldnt get any 
instructions whatso ever i would have gone for tobys tabs but hey you 
live and learn.

Thanks for any advice guys... I will be documenting this and doing a 
pictured 'how to' .

With his permission, I have recently done a front lowered replacement 
spring swap 'how to' in the the style of 'Jordan Rubin', this should 
be going on line on his site for all to see soon, however if you 
would like a copy emailed over please let me know.

Mike
#2001  / Auto
Yorkshire, UK








To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:41:06 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

Mike,

Check out this site, they can restore the negatives at a reasonable 
cost.

http://www.vce.com/rci.html

But you might want to try and have a few prints made at a 
professional photo shop first.  Just to see if they really need 
restoration.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

>>  
>>  
>> 
>> 
>> I have est. 200 picture negatives that JZD gave to me as  payment 

for working 

>> for him. Some of the negatives are close to 30 years old,  and I'm 

afraid 

>> that they will deteriorate., however I need to have them  

developed before the 

>> next convention.
>>  
>>  The pictures are very interesting and show the factory in 

operation  and his 

>> visits to Italy, England and Belfast. I think they would look 

great on a  

>> vendors site as an historical record of the development & 

operations  there.

>>  
>>  
>>  
>> In a message dated 09/30/2005 10:49:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight 

Time,  

>> dmcburn75_at_dml_y... writes:
>> 
>> After  searching the net I found some interesting historical 

pictures

>> of the  DeLorean factory and the like. 
>> 
>> However I was wondering of anyone out  there has some nice quality
>> (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in  operation, DeLorean's 

at the

>> shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know  there have been some on 

the

>> cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I  would just like to 

have

>> some larger images of these. Any help would be very  much 

appreciated.

>> Thanks!
>> 
>> Dan
>> 4160
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>  
>> NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC 

INFORMATION.  IT 

>> IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) 

NAMED 

>> ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you 

are not the 

>> intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any 

review, 

>> dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is 

prohibited.  If you have 

>>  received this communication in error, please notify me 

immediately by return 

>>  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed 

copies.  Thank  

>> you for your cooperation.
>> 
>> 
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: repainting rear sunshade

Before repainting I would advise you to try to bring your origional color back.  Use a permanent Black Sharpie to blacken the scrapes.  Let the touch up dry and add another coat or two.  Now clean the whole sun shade with white vinegar.  Rinse. Retouch any Sharpied areas needed.  In direct sunlight apply Black Again as directed on the bottle.  You can order  Black Again from www. autogeek.com   If  this quick,cheap and easy fix does not work then you can always repaint. Rod 10921
Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:Hi,
I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had a good procedure for this? Mine is a bit faded and has some white marks on it from hitting my T-panel. Any instructions would be great.

Thanks,
Erik




---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links









		
---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
 Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:02:58 -0400
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Tour 2005 - LAST CALL!

LAST CALL!!!!!!
 
 
Fall Tour VI Itinerary
 
 Sat Oct 1st
 Attendees have their choice of meeting at the Palisades mall  in NY (same
as summer fun run) or at the 1st rest stop in CT on I-95 north around exit
12.
 
 We will stop in Mystic CT and have lunch approximately 12:30 then depart
for Newport RI at 1:30pm we will have the afternoon with Dinner at Flows
Drive Threw Clam Shack!
 
 After Dinner late check in at the hotel in Norwich, CT.  If you feel lucky
continue on to Mohegan Sun casino (free shuttle or drive your DMC about 15
Min).
 
 Sunday Oct 2nd
 Continental breakfast and off to the submarine museum
 Optional stop at Outlet Stores for those heading south on I-95 round exit
66.
 
 Book your room Today!  We lose the $109 Fall Tour rate on Thursday 9/22/05!
This is the lowest rate in the area!  All the hotels fill up fast because of
the proximity to the casino!
 
 If you want to stay at the casino and can get a room the rates start at
$385.00
 

  _____  

From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club [mailto:clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:35 PM
To: 'dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com'; DMCForum_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Delorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Tour 2005
Importance: High


Summer is almost over!   :(    But that always means the DMA club is warming
up for the annual Fall foliage tour!!!!
 
After our most exciting year ever with huge turnouts by our members, we are
hot on the trail of having another great event for you to attend.  Details
are still be ironed out, but what we can tell you is this:
 
The tour will be the weekend of October 1st in Norwich, CT (Near the Native
America Casinos)
 
You can start by booking your room with the Casino for the night of Oct. 1st
Details can be found at:    <http://www.economyinnnorwich.com/>
http://www.economyinnnorwich.com/
 
The hotel is located just minutes from Mohegan Sun Casino, 15 minutes from
Foxwoods Casino, 15 minutes from Pequot Museum, and 20 minutes from Mystic
Seaport.   It offers a tavern, restaurant, fitness club, heated indoor pool,
and shuttle service to/from the casinos (until 1:30am)
 
The rate is 109.99 + tax and is expected to sell out fast.  We have reserved
15 rooms with an option for 5 more if we book the first 15 quickly. 
Note: The casino rate for Sat night at the Mohegan  in October is  $385.00
so this is a good deal all and all
The Group code for booking is "Fall Tour"
 
As an extra bonus, we have expanded our line of DMA logo apparel!  All of
which will be available the weekend of the Fall Tour.  YOU WONT WANT TO MISS
IT!
 
More details to follow soon, but hurry and book your spot now!   
Remember:  Details can always be found on our website
http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/updates/updates.htm
<http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com> 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:26:49 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: repainting rear sunshade

Erik,
Hang it up on the wall with something like coat hangers and use semi-
gloss paint.  Make sure it is put on evenly.  That's how I'd do it.

Matt
VIN: 2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had 

a good procedure for this?  Mine is a bit faded and has some white 
marks on it from hitting my T-panel.  Any instructions would be great.

>>  
>> Thanks,
>> Erik







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:42:03 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

If they're brittle, don't send them to be developed.  Use a scanner 
that can scan negatives, alot of scanners have the adapter these 
days.  It then "develops" the picture on the computer, you can print 
them from there.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> After searching the net I found some interesting historical pictures
>> of the DeLorean factory and the like. 
>> 
>> However I was wondering of anyone out there has some nice quality
>> (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in operation, DeLorean's at 

the

>> shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know there have been some on the
>>  cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I would just like to 

have

>> some larger images of these. Any help would be very much appreciated.
>> Thanks!
>> 
>> Dan
>> 4160








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:56:15 -0000
From: "realrealgone" <realrealgone_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Engine swap Chevy 350 :)

anyone know what it would take to put a 350 chevy in a auto Delorean?

i read somewhere you have to buy a 1500$ adaptor plate? whats up with 
that?






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:13:32 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Covers

Clear models are available also if you do a lot of off-roading and 
need the headlight protection.  :) 

Check with Tamir (entermyworld.com).  He tried selling these on his 
site for awhile and has (or had) some on his D.  He can probably 
give you details.

Marv
#10820


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "denverdelorean" 
<denverdelorean_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Has anyone purchased or has something to do with the production of 
>> these?
>> 
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
>> ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4578573471&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
>> 
>> They look like flat, smoked acrylic that is lined with weather 
>> stripping.
>> 
>> If there is more to them than that, please let me know.
>> 
>> They are 160 after shipping.
>> 
>> Thanks
>> 
>> Matt
>> 16076








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:03:25 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Las Vegas, Nevada Events.

Japheth,

We're still working on the final agenda and will keep everyone 
posted as to meeting places and times. 

Is your D on the road again? (I saw your posts on the injectors.) 

Thanks again for pushing me out of that intersection this past 
summer.

Marv
#10820

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_y...> 
wrote:

>> What time will things start on Saturday?  I won't be
>> able to come Friday night but I can get there on
>> Saturday if I know where and what time.
>> 
>> I hope it's a good turnout
>> 
>> Japheth Deaux
>> VIN:1223
>> 
>> --- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_c...> wrote:
>> 

 

>>> > Friday we'll be having a dinner _at_dml_ the Hot Rod Grille
>>> > in Henderson, and
>>> > will be hosting a whole host of activities on
>>> > Saturday afternoon and
>>> > evening.
>>> > 








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:21:24 -0400
From: "Rex" <sephiroth_at_dml_merriman.com>
Subject: The trip to see Carl, and the Gold DeLorean. Kind of like an update.

Helloooooooooooooooooooo DML!


I just created a new Photo Album named "9-24-05 VIN 20105" with two pictures in it.

Everyone that went to see Carl last weekend should recognize these two shots.

One is the group shot that was taken of us, and the other one is a shot very very VERY similar to the one used in the web article.

I was told by the person who gave me these pictures that these are "the only two that Steve kept."

As for the pictures themselves I have been obliged to say the following:

"You can distribute if it's something like between club members or family
and friends. But if the photos are used in a display, exhibit, newsletter
or anything to the like, Steve Bittner and the Cumberland Times-News must
be credited because of copyright laws." -Cumberland Times-News 


So...... I Hope you all enjoy these pictures  :) 
Hope to possibly see you guys tomorrow at Bowie.


Rex (dude with the flamed shirt)
VIN: TBA

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 01:17:56 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Carcoon

You're exchange rate is a bit up the wall there, David!

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Martin

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: For those that want the bottom line, the exchange rate at the time I just looked was 1.76 dollars per pound]

David Teitelbaum wrote:


>>I have been in touch with carcoon.uk. They can ship them and they are
>>recomending the #4 size as opposed to the #5 size suggested by DMCH.
>>The problem is they want 776 in English Currency which at about 3 to 1
>>comes to $2328 in American Dollars PLUS SHIPPING!!!!! The #4 size is
>>about a foot shorter so it is less than the #5 size but it is still
>>too much. Does anyone have any comments about the car capsule?
>>David Teitelbaum
>>vin 10757
>>
>>  
>>








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:13:04 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Can see light in my car through drain hole in front of Windshield...please help

Hello all,
     While on a mad search for water leaks, I took off the cowl  
screen below the windshield, and I shined a bright light down the  
hole.  I  got under the passenger side under the dash, and can see  
light coming in around that door that opens when the A/C is on max.   
I'm posting pictures to the album "Light coming in under dash."  I  
have two wires coming in through the door, one comes through a hole  
in the center of the door, the other comes around from outside,  
preventing the door from closing all the way.

Sticking the camera down the drain on the outside, I took a shot  
looking towards the passenger side and I see a gaping hole...should  
this be covered with something?  It looks like water could drain  
right in and come out the box with the spring loaded door.  Picture  
in same folder listed above.

The question:  Should I see light coming in around the sides of that  
door?  Could this be my massive water leak?  How do I go about fixing  
this?

Thanks!  If this sounds at all vague and you need more detailed  
directions/pictures, let me know.

If you reply, please send it to me off list as well as the DML.  I am  
home for the weekend, trying to fix this before my car sits outside  
for another month and fills up with water.

-Patrick C.
1880





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:20:55 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

I have a large format, hi-resolution scanner.
I would be happy to scan them in, and host the photos on my website for free 
download.
Don't worry, I am not looking to sell them for profit ;>
Stuff like this should be available to the fans!
However, they are property of the owner, and if he wants to sell them that's 
ok too.
- Videobob



>>From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
>>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [DML] Historical Pictures
>>Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:44:50 -0400
>>
>>Here is an idea...
>>I, like most owners, would LOVE to have these pictures scanned in
>>High-Res and put on a CD.  That way they would always be around
>>forever and anyone could have access to them.
>>
>>Why doesn't someone scan these (I have a slide scanner and would be
>>willing to do so), burn them to a lot of CDs, and sell them at the
>>DeLorean Car show 2006?  Maybe we could donate all of the profits to
>>the John Z. DeLorean scholarship at Lawrence Tech University (is that
>>the right school?).
>>
>>Just a thought, I know I would pay $10+ for a copy.
>>-Patrick C.
>>1880
>>
>>
>>On Sep 30, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
>>
>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > I have est. 200 picture negatives that JZD gave to me as  payment
>>> > for working
>>> > for him. Some of the negatives are close to 30 years old,  and I'm
>>> > afraid
>>> > that they will deteriorate., however I need to have them  developed
>>> > before the
>>> > next convention.
>>> >
>>> >  The pictures are very interesting and show the factory in
>>> > operation  and his
>>> > visits to Italy, England and Belfast. I think they would look great
>>> > on a
>>> > vendors site as an historical record of the development &
>>> > operations  there.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > In a message dated 09/30/2005 10:49:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>>> > dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:
>>> >
>>> > After  searching the net I found some interesting historical pictures
>>> > of the  DeLorean factory and the like.
>>> >
>>> > However I was wondering of anyone out  there has some nice quality
>>> > (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in  operation, DeLorean's at
>>> > the
>>> > shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know  there have been some on the
>>> > cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I  would just like to have
>>> > some larger images of these. Any help would be very  much appreciated.
>>> > Thanks!
>>> >
>>> > Dan
>>> > 4160
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC
>>> > INFORMATION.  IT
>>> > IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES)
>>> > NAMED
>>> > ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you
>>> > are not the
>>> > intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any
>>> > review,
>>> > dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is
>>> > prohibited.  If you have
>>> >  received this communication in error, please notify me immediately
>>> > by return
>>> >  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed
>>> > copies.  Thank
>>> > you for your cooperation.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>> > moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>> >
>>> > For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
>>> > www.dmcnews.com
>>> >
>>> > To search the archives or view files, log in at http://
>>> > groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>> > Yahoo! Groups Links
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>>
>>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:21:39 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

I can also do Photoshop image restoration on damaged photos.
I do it all :>
-VB



>>From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
>>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [DML] Historical Pictures
>>Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:41:06 -0000
>>
>>Mike,
>>
>>Check out this site, they can restore the negatives at a reasonable
>>cost.
>>
>>http://www.vce.com/rci.html
>>
>>But you might want to try and have a few prints made at a
>>professional photo shop first.  Just to see if they really need
>>restoration.
>>
>>Bernie
>>
>>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:
>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > I have est. 200 picture negatives that JZD gave to me as  payment
>
>>for working
>
>>> > for him. Some of the negatives are close to 30 years old,  and I'm
>
>>afraid
>
>>> > that they will deteriorate., however I need to have them
>
>>developed before the
>
>>> > next convention.
>>> >
>>> >  The pictures are very interesting and show the factory in
>
>>operation  and his
>
>>> > visits to Italy, England and Belfast. I think they would look
>
>>great on a
>
>>> > vendors site as an historical record of the development &
>
>>operations  there.
>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > In a message dated 09/30/2005 10:49:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight
>
>>Time,
>
>>> > dmcburn75_at_dml_y... writes:
>>> >
>>> > After  searching the net I found some interesting historical
>
>>pictures
>
>>> > of the  DeLorean factory and the like.
>>> >
>>> > However I was wondering of anyone out  there has some nice quality
>>> > (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in  operation, DeLorean's
>
>>at the
>
>>> > shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know  there have been some on
>
>>the
>
>>> > cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I  would just like to
>
>>have
>
>>> > some larger images of these. Any help would be very  much
>
>>appreciated.
>
>>> > Thanks!
>>> >
>>> > Dan
>>> > 4160
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC
>
>>INFORMATION.  IT
>
>>> > IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES)
>
>>NAMED
>
>>> > ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you
>
>>are not the
>
>>> > intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any
>
>>review,
>
>>> > dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is
>
>>prohibited.  If you have
>
>>> >  received this communication in error, please notify me
>
>>immediately by return
>
>>> >  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed
>
>>copies.  Thank
>
>>> > you for your cooperation.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>>
>>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:30:15 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: repainting rear sunshade

Here's a tip, if you remove the louvers do it from the hinge mount that 
mounts to the back of the body. You will need to remove the little plastic 
cover that is held on by 3 screws, and then there are 4, 10mm bolts that 
hold the louvers.
Do NOT separate the hinge, you will never get them lined back up again!

Don Stegar sells some great paint, KENT Uralastic Black Rubber Bumper Paint.
http://www.deloreanmotorcenter.com/_a1000051_bumper_black.html
This paint has a nice textured look, you will notice that the fiberglass 
louvers are textured,
I have seen a lot of paint jobs that make them look glossy and the fine 
paint fills
in the little textured spots.
This Kent paint has it's own texture to it that looks natural.
You can't buy it in stores, only independent dealers - like Don.
Another option might be high heat BBQ paint, it has a nice flat look.
You don't want a gloss, it doesn't look quite right.
The goal here is a nice rich black matte.

First clean them really well, let them dry, and then paint them while 
upright.
They will look great afterwards.

You might want to do the decklid while your at it.

If you want a cheap short term answer you can slather some of that
Mother's Black Restore, but it turns them into sticky fly paper.

For the black fiberglass on the pontoon, try some boat polish.

- Videobob
VIN#5278 TIME MACHINE


>>From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
>>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: [DML] Re: repainting rear sunshade
>>Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:50:28 -0000
>>
>>If you don't want to go through the whole process of removing,
>>cleaning, repairing, painting, and reinstalling, a real quick amd
>>'dirty' fix is to just go over the spots with a magic marker. It works
>>great and will be invisible.
>>David Teitelbaum
>>vin 10757
>>
>>
>>
>>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_y...> wrote:
>
>>> > Hi,
>>> > I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had
>
>>a good procedure for this?  Mine is a bit faded and has some white
>>marks on it from hitting my T-panel.  Any instructions would be great.
>
>>> >
>>> > Thanks,
>>> > Erik
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > ---------------------------------
>>> > Yahoo! for Good
>>> >  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>>> >
>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>>
>>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:32:06 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: repainting rear sunshade

If you have a friend to help, and a 10mm socket with a 6" extension, you can 
pull the louvers off in a few minutes. Just remember to make sure to remove 
it from the body, do NOT separate the hinge!
-VB



>>From: Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
>>Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>>Subject: Re: [DML] repainting rear sunshade
>>Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>Before repainting I would advise you to try to bring your origional color 
>>back.  Use a permanent Black Sharpie to blacken the scrapes.  Let the touch 
>>up dry and add another coat or two.  Now clean the whole sun shade with 
>>white vinegar.  Rinse. Retouch any Sharpied areas needed.  In direct 
>>sunlight apply Black Again as directed on the bottle.  You can order  Black 
>>Again from www. autogeek.com   If  this quick,cheap and easy fix does not 
>>work then you can always repaint. Rod 10921
>>Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:Hi,
>>I'd like to repaint my rear sunshade and was wondering if anyone had a good 
>>procedure for this? Mine is a bit faded and has some white marks on it from 
>>hitting my T-panel. Any instructions would be great.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Erik
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------
>>Yahoo! for Good
>>Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>>
>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>>
>>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------
>>Yahoo! for Good
>>  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>>
>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
>>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com
>>
>>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 01:37:06 -0000
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Historical Pictures

Mike,

I'm not sure what your reservations are about making these photos
public, but if I may be allowed to speak for us all.. You would be
doing a fantastic thing making these photos available. Not many photos
exist documenting the conception and fabrication of the DeLorean 

Check out this video of the factory. If this doesn't put you in a
nostalgic mood for the history of our fine vehicles, I don't know what
will. 

http://www.dmc-delorean.de/videos/dmcfabrik.wmv







--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:

>> If they're brittle, don't send them to be developed.  Use a scanner 
>> that can scan negatives, alot of scanners have the adapter these 
>> days.  It then "develops" the picture on the computer, you can

print 

>> them from there.
>> 
>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_y...> wrote:
>
>>> > After searching the net I found some interesting historical

pictures

>>> > of the DeLorean factory and the like. 
>>> > 
>>> > However I was wondering of anyone out there has some nice quality
>>> > (large) photos of the DeLorean factory in operation, DeLorean's

at 

>> the
>
>>> > shipping points and at the QAC's?? I know there have been some on

the

>>> >  cover of DeLorean world and SS Illusions... I would just like to 
>
>> have
>
>>> > some larger images of these. Any help would be very much

appreciated.

>>> > Thanks!
>>> > 
>>> > Dan
>>> > 4160








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:43:10 -0500
From: "Duke" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: front fender alignment?

Welp, thanks to Chris, Rob, John, and all the others on this list, I've got 
the new fan fail fix installed and working PERFECTLY! The fans delay and 
also light up the 'fan fail light' and now both fans blow in the right 
direction! (God only knows how long I had that one fan blowing the wrong 
way...I'm guessing years and as much as I've worked on the car I'm amazed I 
never noticed it!)

Now, on to the next project! (Its always somethin isn't it)  My front fender 
is out of alignment and has been for years now.  I've never worried about 
fixing it, but for some reason it just urks me now.  Here are a couple of 
pics of the fender compared to the door:

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/at88mph//fender.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/at88mph//sidefender.jpg

The pics actually make the gap look WAY worse than what it does in person, 
but it gives ya an idea of how far off it is.

Is this something that is easy to re-align or should it be left to a body 
shop?  It *LOOKS* as easy as removing the gasket cover inside the door and 
I'm guessing there are some screws or bolts there that you could loosen and 
then ajust the fender....but I've never attempted this so I'm lookin for 
some advice.

Thanks again everyone!

Duke
(PS Eventually, I will stop asking questions...I'm just on a roll tryin to 
get everything PERFECT with the car   :)  ) 






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:46:19 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: 1984 - Isdera Imperator 108i and JZD(better link)

1984 - Isdera Imperator 108i and JZD


I was reading a old posting on the DML,(from 1998)which stated that
JZD was interested in making this car into his "next" Delorean,saying
that loosely(as it never happened)
See link below,was that true? If he had he truly would have had his
gullwinged Supercar!
It is a beautiful car today as it was in 1984,but personally I think
this is "how" the DMC WOULD have become around 1989-90,had it not had
to to flounder and stop at the "Lotus Esprit S1" stage of its life.


Better Link:

http://tinyurl.com/dsyu6







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 25
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 05:28:08 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: pre-ebay sale

Since I am doing the conversion to a time machine on my car I am
pulling out a lot of stuff that will not be used in the replica and I
am going to sell off these peices to help get some money back in my
pocket!
These items are in fantastic condition and some of them are pretty
rare and valuable.
I am offering them to the list first before I go take photos of these
items and list them on eBay.
Here is a sample of what I am offering, with references from DMCH's
website for examples.

(1) Part #101638 - SWITCH,REAR DEFOG (REPRO, CORRECT SIZE) $25.00
(2) Part #111638 - ON/OFF SWITCH (dummy replacements)$25.00 each
(1) Part #108748 - ASHTRAY $25.00
(1) Part #110521 - TRAY,CONSOLE(GREY) $15.00
(1) Part #110852 - TRIM BOARD, VERT-GRAY $125.00
(1) Part #101454 - NET, PARCEL SHELF $35.00
(1) Part #110523 - COVER,CONSOLE(GREY) - MAKE OFFER - 

Many of these items would be great if you are trying to get a car back
to concourse condition, like if someone put rear speakers into your
trim board, or you wanted an extra to modify....
The center console cover (where your elbow sits) is unavailable
as far as I know, mine is in pretty good shape but it has to go
to make room for the "Time Drive Circuit Switch".

Right now, I am keeping my window switches even though my window
motos don't even work and I have no plans on fixing them anyway,
but these are supposed to be there.
I might consider doing a trade in for your old switches for my new
ones...BTW, these switches are all BRAND NEW, I ordered them all from
DMCH not long ago to replace all of my originals at a cost of $200.00.
I then sold my originals to someone who needed them.
I would sell all my new switches for your old one's for $120 + trade
in and shipping. Photo preview required.

Let me know if any of you are interested.
- Videobob







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------