Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2905
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:2 Oct 2005 08:10:41 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. A/C low pressure switch question...
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: Alternator Belt
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Carcoon
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

4. Painting the Fascia's:
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: repainting rear sunshade
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:26:41 +0000
From: "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: A/C low pressure switch question...

Sorry for the dumb question but... I put in a new low pressure switch and
right now its cycling on for about 5-6 seconds then cycling off.  To
increase the time from 6 seconds to 9 seconds I should turn the screw
clockwise?  I turned it clockwise and it didn't seem to do much.  I'm still
cycling on for about 6 seconds.  I know your NOT supposed to adjust the
factory set switches but this was a new one from Napa auto parts.  If
adjusting the screw doesnt change the cycling time can I assume its a freon
issue?
Mahalo
-Alex

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:50:37 -0000
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Alternator Belt

I replaced my alternator about a month and a half ago and at first it
had the same noise. a constant high-pitched whistling noise followed
by a squealing scream when I gave it some gas. I didnt have to
replace the belt since the one I had there was already quite new from
the previous owner and looked to be in good condition. It took me a
little bit to think that the belt just isnt tight enough. So I got
under the car and using a long screw-driver I placed it inbetween the
alternator and the alternater housing bracket and just gave it some
good muscle. I got it as tight as it would go and had my grandpa
tighten the bolts so it locked it in place. After that the whistling
went away about...80% (only makes the sound during idle) id say and
the squealing when giving it some gas was completely gone. I did come
across a bottle of belt noise reducer in the garage and applied that
which greatly helped out. since than the noise is only a small
whistle when at idle and my voltage is consistant (even on a going
bad battery and a electrical guage that needs to be cleaned for
greater accuracy)

I also heard that getting rid of that belt noise can be done by
getting a wet bar of soap and rubbing it on the the teeth of the belt
as the car runs. Not sure what to think of this method but its what
I've heard.

Hope it helps!
Josh Tidwell
04463

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...>
wrote:

>> The belt should be toward the loose side but not so loose than when
>> you try to turn the alternator pulley the belt will slip allowing

you

>> to turn the pulley. Much tighter than that and you will kill the
>> bearings in the water pump and the alternator. It sounds like your
>> alternator could be out-of-alignmnet. Vee belts do not like
>> misalignment, everything MUST be in the same plane. Check with a
>> string or a straightedge. Also make sure the belt is correct. It
>> should not be riding on it's bottom, ONLY the sides of the "vee". It
>> is also possible you have a problem with the alternator or the

water pump.

>> David Teitelbaum
>> vin 10757

once.

>> Here's

hours

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 08:11:56 +0100
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Carcoon

Hi David,

At current exchange rates itıs 1,355.514 US Dollars plus shipping.  If you
are interested in one maybe ³someone² here in the UK could help you get one
and ship it to you  ;)

Dan

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:05:46 -0000
From: "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Painting the Fascia's:

I know this subject has been touched in the past before...More than
once but I dont recall seeing a post that flat out tells the modern
information that Im curious to know. That information is of course:

Best methods of painting this myself. What colors do I need such as
the paint color name and paint color number for both the black and
silver portions. Where could I buy the paints and supplys I need
either online or from common local stores.

What to tell my autobody shop if I decide to have them do it (paint
colors of the bumper portion and main portion, painting method,
finishing method (IE: does the clear coat go on the whole fascia or
just the silver portion?)

My Delorean was dealership painted white which I've completely
removed, now its just the 2 white fascia's that just dont make the
car look right. I've heard paint codes and names being thrown around
such as "Silver metal Poly, Silver Poly, Stainless steel" or even "
Ditzler DAU33584" Which Seems to not even exist from what I can find.
Ill most likely take these parts to the autobody shop but from there
I have no idea what to tell them as far as what the paint color names
are or even a paint color code(s).

Thank You
Josh Tidwell

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:53:18 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: repainting rear sunshade

Use a plastic bumper primer and black plastic bumper paint...make sure
you clean it up really good with meths or other grease remover.... it
then looks like it should a 'plasticy finish' when its dry and not a
like painted louvre

Kind Rgards

Mike

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_h...>
wrote:

>> Erik,
>> Hang it up on the wall with something like coat hangers and use semi-
>> gloss paint.  Make sure it is put on evenly.  That's how I'd do it.
>>
>> Matt
>> VIN: 2953

had

>> a good procedure for this?  Mine is a bit faded and has some white
>> marks on it from hitting my T-panel.  Any instructions would be

great.