Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2911
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:4 Oct 2005 22:44:11 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: QAC-installed Legend twin turbos?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. RE: Re: I'm Looking for a Drivers Side Rear Quater Panel (without dents)
From: "Jason Perkins" <jperkins_at_dml_microsoft.com>

3. CIVID - Looks familiar
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. AW: Wings-A-Loft
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

5. Looking for a Grey Dash
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: QAC-installed Legend twin turbos?

I sent the question off to Fred to see if he knows
anything about it.  No response yet.

If you are not going to follow up with the owner of
this car, can I have his number??   :)

Lightning may strike me twice.

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:19:12 -0400
From: "Jason Perkins" <jperkins_at_dml_microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: Re: I'm Looking for a Drivers Side Rear Quater Panel (without dents)

Thanks for the info.  It's really not that much damage ~8 square inches.
Its to the Left of the rear wheel, and all below the rubber side strip.

I'm going to have Jeff(NC) look into it here in the next week or two.  I
think he knows of a local body shop that might have an English Wheel.
If not I'll also look into DMCH (thanks Patrick for the info).

The Local Dent Wizards guy who usually works on my car stated this was
out of his expertise.

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:37:00 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: CIVID - Looks familiar

[MODERATOR NOTE- The list does not handle attachments. Items need to be placed in the files/photos section (like this one) or on your own website.....]

The first time I saw those new Civic commercials, I thought the logo
with the rotating C at the end looked really nice and familiar...  So
I threw together this animated gif (also in the files section as
CIVID).

--Greg

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:21:06 +0200
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Wings-A-Loft

I built my own system and short after that I installed the Wing-A-Loft
kit on several other cars. So I can compare what work it is to look
for an own solution or just to spend some bucks and have a detailed
description and the parts to install it in a few hours. (HOURS ! not DAYS
like it took me to design my own solution !)

Toby's kits include everything you need. Maybe you need some extra wires
or so, but the hard to get parts are included.

You should know - these kits are not plug and play !  Maybe others claim
to have such kits ready somewhen, but I doubt. And I doubt even more since
I took one of those high praised systems apart.

If you want the door opening feature now - get the kit. I recommend to get
an alarm system with pager and spare channels. Toby does offer them but any
other aftermarket system should work, too.
Very nice is the basic remote system with I think 7 channels ! My buddy
even attached his Flux capacitor to it to turn it on and off. Really cool
 ;-)

Even if you "only" attach the power locks and the door openers - you'll love
it !

Elvis & 6548

Does anyone have one of these systems installed in thier car?  I am
thinking of adding the remote door opening feature to my car and would
like a "consumer report" of sorts from any owners that have performed
the modification.

Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:16:45 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Looking for a Grey Dash

Does anyone know where I can find a new grey dash for my '81? Either
that or does anyone know if it can be re-covered or fixed? I made a
mistake of glueing down the dash cover velcro, and when i tried to
remove it, the glue pulled the surface of the dash off with it. Yeah,
I know dumb... I was able to find a new binnacle, however am at a loss
for the rest of the dash.