Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2912
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:5 Oct 2005 20:58:25 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: CIVID - Looks familiar
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. You too can own some Delorean Stock
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Wings-A-Loft
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

4. Re: Looking for a Grey Dash
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

5. Re: Looking for a Grey Dash
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: Re: I'm Looking for a Drivers Side Rear Quater Panel (without
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

7. Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

9. Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

10. Re: Looking for a Grey Dash
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Interesting Customization...
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

12. Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

13. Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

14. Stuck in Gear
From: "dmc01081" <rgoodwin2001_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

16. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

18. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

19. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Re: Stuck in Gear
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Stuck in Gear
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

23. RE: Stuck in Gear
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

24. Re: Wings-A-Loft
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. New Owner in Memphis?
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: CIVID - Looks familiar

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

Chuck

Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

The first time I saw those new Civic commercials, I thought the logo
with the rotating C at the end looked really nice and familiar... So
I threw together this animated gif (also in the files section as
CIVID).

Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:41:54 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: You too can own some Delorean Stock

...and it's pretty expensive.  I looked up a company called Postal
Instant Press for a case at school.  I don't have a business
background so I hadn't heard of it.

$2K buys the certificate.

http://www.scripophily.net/delmotcom.html

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:11:32 -0700
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Wings-A-Loft

I USE my remote start almost exclusively.   I Installed it going on nine
years ago and it has been completely reliable.  Funny things happen
though..like the lady who was so startled that she dropped her grocery bag
in a supermarket parking lot when I started the car with her nearby..her
groceries rolled all over the place......she was a good sport though and
said she could hardly wait to tell her husband about it.....everyone crawled
under cars to help retrieve her groceries!!
Then any time I start it with someone in front of it, they LEAP out of the
way, thinking it is going to run them down.  It is SO nice in the winter
time to start it a few minutes before I come out of a restaurant etc and
have the interior warm as toast......same in the summer with the Air
Conditioning.   Normally I just hit the remote button as I come walking up
to the car.  I bet I have not started it over a dozen times with the key,
when inside the car, in 8 years.  Lots of fun.
Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:32:37 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Grey Dash

seanhagan wrote:

>>Does anyone know where I can find a new grey dash for my '81? Either
>>that or does anyone know if it can be re-covered or fixed? I made a
>>mistake of glueing down the dash cover velcro, and when i tried to
>>remove it, the glue pulled the surface of the dash off with it. Yeah,
>>I know dumb... I was able to find a new binnacle, however am at a loss
>>for the rest of the dash.

Unless you find someone parting out a car, this can be a tough item to
find, and expensive when you can find it. Recovering  is generally the
only option I know of, but you could try one of the vinyl repair kits
like you see advertised on tv.. I'm actually experimenting with one of
those kits on my own cracked dash and glovebox door.. leveling the
surface with the stuff is easy enough but getting the right texture back
is a heck of a challange, but I havent really put much effort into it yet.

VIN# 03209
http://badger.brazi.net/delorean

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 00:30:39 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Wait a bit - DMCH is in the process of having these remanufactured. I
saw the prototype - they will be nice.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:21:55 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Re: I'm Looking for a Drivers Side Rear Quater Panel (without

Jason Perkins wrote:

>>Thanks for the info.  It's really not that much damage ~8 square inches.
>>Its to the Left of the rear wheel, and all below the rubber side strip.
>>
>>I'm going to have Jeff(NC) look into it here in the next week or two.  I
>>think he knows of a local body shop that might have an English Wheel.
>>If not I'll also look into DMCH (thanks Patrick for the info).
>>
>>The Local Dent Wizards guy who usually works on my car stated this was
>>out of his expertise.

Funny. This is the exact same spot where the drivers side rear quarter
is messed up on my D. I'd be interested in hearing the pricing you get
on getting it repaired.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:18:17 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video

What is your source for the explanation you are giving? There is
enough misinformation around without spreading more guesses or rumors.
We do not know when this video was produced and what it's purpose was.
I can "guess" that it was produced to show to prospective investors
but again, I am only guessing. Maybe those guys "sitting in" wanted
longer coffe breaks!

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:49:04 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> ...and it's pretty expensive.  I looked up a company called Postal
>> Instant Press for a case at school.  I don't have a business
>> background so I hadn't heard of it.
>>
>> $2K buys the certificate.
>>
>> http://www.scripophily.net/delmotcom.html

I wince everytime I see these things. The bankruptcy attorny Devon
Allard sold these on eBay a couple of years ago. I think that stock
certificate #1 sold for like $250-$300. This guy bought it, and other
certificates like this one that were on sale at the time, and jacked
the price up to $2,000+ each!

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:04:01 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get

That sounds allot like the Las Vegas dealership in someways. The
biggest problem that they had with DMC was not supplying them with
enough cars to sell, rather than having overstock. Before they even
arrived, the first shipment of cars was sold. They just unloaded the
cars, detailed them, and immediately handed them over to their waiting
owners. At one point, a competing Honda dealer was "greymarketing"
DeLoreans too. They were not an official dealership, but were buying
unsold cars from other markets, and were beating the existing
dealership to sales, before their cars ever came in.

When I asked the old DeLorean salesmanager what he thought about the
cars, he liked them allot. They generated attention for passers by,
and would always sell. Warranty work performed on them wasn't any
worse than the Chryslers that were sold beside them, and the quality
was about the same. And in the desert, there was no question that if
you wanted a car with COLD air conditioning, the DeLorean was the one
you wanted.

They never lost money on selling DeLorean cars, and were rather
disappointed when they went out of business. Up until the arrest, sale
had slowed down a little bit, but nothing that bad for a luxury/sports
car.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:56:23 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Do you know when?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_a...>

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:36:44 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Interesting Customization...

I've never seen DeLorean tail lights grafted onto another car before...

http://tinyurl.com/bfvrq

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:52:09 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

You brought up a very interesting point. In my area too there were
dealers "greymarketing" Deloreans. They were not "official" Delorean
dealers. I guess the "official" dealers would sell the car to anyone
for enough money. I wonder what the service arrangements were going to
be? Maybe they would send the car over to the "official" dealer and
not let the customer know. Anyway I have see several examples of that
having happened. And then I guess after the beginning many dealers
wound up with the cars as trade-ins. Although most of the cars I have
seen the chain-of-ownership shows that once they were sold by the
origionating dealer the cars stayed in private hands. I admit it is
hard to tell because a dealer would not have titled the car. Same deal
for auctions. BTW I can understand how the initial order of Deloreans
would have sold out before they arrived, but sales fell off once they
did arrive and the reviews were less than anticipated.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:14:55 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Re: DeLorean Dealerships selling every D they could get
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_o...> wrote:

>> It seems more and more rare to hear the "good" stories about

Ok,Here's a good win-win positive story:

After I bought vin 16686,which needed Much work,I was debating
weather to part or fix, so I stored 16686,until I could figure out
what to do with it,then out of the blue,The dealership,that I bought
16686 from called me up,and asked me if I was interested in parting
out 16686,as someone else called about buying 16686,(they wanted it
to fix their burnt D)but he told him that it had been sold,but would
pass on his Telephone number to me,so I gave him a call and he told
me,that he had a Delorean that had a engine fire(see posting 57310 )
Anyway at that time I had a 1981 Delorean that was A True 100 point
car (this was in 1986)( this was after the release of the BTTF movies
and the car was now gathering positive interest ) this was a 100%
unmolested and original D right down to the battery,with 0 flaws and
everything worked PERFECT ! Even the LED on the radio and windows!!
Anyway he owned a machine shop, and had his D stored in the back room
in the loading dock area,so we made arraignments to meet at his
shop,so I figured,I
would drive my Delorean to meet him at his shop,and take a look at
his Delorean and see what "he might need " to fix his Delorean,So I
get there and go to his office and introduce myself,and told him I
had driven my Delorean to meet him,so first he shows me his
Delorean,and how it Burnt(see posting 57310 for a possible
explanation of the fire on his car)and after looking at his D,I told
Him that (16686),had ALL the parts needed to fix his car,so we were
almost coming to a agreement for me to sell him the parts to fix his
car,when I told him to see what a REALLY NICE Delorean looks like,so
we go out to his shop parking lot, he sees my Delorean,(parking lot
was in front,loading dock in back)and it was Love at first sight for
him! HE had to have my Delorean--HE HAD TO HAVE IT ! (it was that
clean)So we worked out a deal,instead of selling him parts,off of
16686,I would sell him my 81 D,and I would Deduct his burnt car off
my selling price,so Now I had the parts to fix 16686,and he got
a "instant" fix for his Delorean "fix".-- A win-win deal ! So
needless to say we
became friends,and 4 months later,after what was a almost full time
job(every spare minute I had) 16686 was back on the Road.Little did I
know this car would still be in use in 2005 and still being used
today, and even showcased on some Delorean magazines! But for a
brief moment it "almost" became a parts car! Once by me, and, had I
not bought it.(It would have most likely been bought by the guy that
bought my 81 D,and he would have used it to fix his burnt car)Another
D that almost "bit the dust" but made it to be around today.Much as
the Burnt car  above is now(the donor car to fix 16686) Repaired and
ready for the road again(from what I have seen)another car to see the
year 2005 and beyond. positive win-win for all Delorean lovers now
and in the future...
Cbl

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:56:38 -0000
From: "dmc01081" <rgoodwin2001_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Stuck in Gear

I have never had a "warm fuzzy" about the engagement position of my
clutch; engages to close to the floor board, almost touching it.  Now,
after driving on a road trip over the weekend I experienced some
problems with the transmission not wanting to shift out and then back
into gear.  Clutch was depressed as normal but when trying to shift it
felt as if I was not engaging the clutch.  Feels to me as if there is
a shift linkage that is out of postion or adjustment, is this possible
or could the problem be something else.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:17:14 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck in Gear

There's almost certainly something wrong with the clutch hydraulics.
Check the carpet in the driver's footwell.  If it's wet, then the clutch
master is leaking out the front seal and the reservoir is now empty.
This is the most likely fault.  There are other possibilities, but the
problem is in the clutch hydraulic system.

Here it all is:
Clutch Master-Part #100462 $99.00
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=139&Qty=1&ShowCart=true
Clutch Slave-Part #100843 $69.00
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=283&Qty=1&ShowCart=true
SS Clutch Line-Part #108637  $149.85
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=2019&Qty=1&ShowCart=true

Warren at DMC

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:10:36 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Still have the original clutch line?

Matt
VIN: 2953

Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:29:49 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

>>Clutch was depressed as normal but when trying to shift it
>> felt as if I was not engaging the clutch.  Feels to me as if there is
>> a shift linkage that is out of postion or adjustment, is this possible
>> or could the problem be something else.

When was the last time you flushed and bled the hydraulic clutch?  If the
clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor with little or no resistance that
might be the problem.  Start simple. Check the clutch fluid level...

Lingo #2034

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:43:39 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

You probably need to bleed the clutch hydraulic system.  You might as well
use new Castrol GT LMA fluid while you're doing this.  Also check the master
and slave cylinders for leaks.  When I bought my car I replaced both just
because I'm sure they were original and didn't want to deal with them
leaking once the car was to be driven more frequently.  The other
possibility is the original plastic clutch line, it has a tendency to expand
so you lose some clutch movement.  The fix there would be to install one of
the stainless steel clutch lines that the vendors sell.  I did all of the
above at once and haven't had to touch the system in months.  Once all is
working correctly the pedal should be pretty stiff and very little pedal
travel before you start to feel resistance.  Be sure to fix this quick as it
will cause damage to your transmission if it hasn't already.

Good luck
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:26:15 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

check your clutch fluid level.  Sounds like you have a leaking
master clutch cylinder.  Mine does the same thing if I don't fill
the reservoir regularly.  One of these days, I'll order the cylinder
like I should have long ago.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:16:03 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks... I had never seen it before.  Not that I'd think about
spending $2K for something like that, although I was interested in
some of the other ephemera that made its way to ebay a year or so ago.

Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Stuck in Gear

... and then fix all of the damage to your frame from
the leaking fluid.

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:18:20 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

If its the clutch master, you are more likely soaking the carpet. A
leaky slave does a nice job of removing the epoxy from the frame under
the engine. A leaking brake master will remove an impressive amount of
epoxy in the front, including a large portion of the fuel tank cover
plate.

Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:45:00 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

You may need to bleed the clutch system and replace the parts that would be
bad. Do you have any air bubbles every time you bleed or is it just straight
fluid. The large seal in the master could be leaking down into the carpet or
the small seal on the spring inside the master could be gone and letting
fluid go back into the bottle or the slave could be sucking air. Any of
these could cause the pedal not to position correctly. We have new parts as
well as replacement kits with a life warranty on the seals. If you replaced
the clutch disk or had it resurfaced and it is to thick, then that will also
cause the pedal to go to the floor B 4 it releases. We have all the parts on
the site to repair it however you want to.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/clutch-transmission.html

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:29:52 -0000
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hey Matt,

I tried emailing you with DenverDelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com and it doesn't
seem to work.

Anyways, I'm in Denver as well and I have the whole kit with tons of
the accessories still out and about.  Haven't installed it yet since
I still need to drop the body onto frame (once I figure the AC stuff
out).

Email me at Brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com and maybe we can get together and
I'll show you everything that you can get.

Thanks,

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "denverdelorean"
<denverdelorean_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Does anyone have one of these systems installed in thier car?  I

am

>> thinking of adding the remote door opening feature to my car and

would

>> like a "consumer report" of sorts from any owners that have

performed

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:49:23 -0000
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: New Owner in Memphis?

I dropped my dash and center console off at an upholstery shop today.
The shop owner informed me that someone was in there just a few days
before looking at getting his seats re-done. He said the car was in
great shape, minus the seats of course.  I know of only one owner(Greg
Zapf), besides myself in the Memphis area.  Is there a new/another
owner on this board that lives close by? Just curious..

Lingo