Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2915
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:6 Oct 2005 22:46:13 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: New Owner in Memphis?
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Re: 2/3 lb pressure drop in 30 mins OK?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:17:46 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Owner in Memphis?

Funny; a friend of mine called me yesterday to tell me he was driving
next to another, yet unseen DeLorean on I-40.  It had an antique
plate, so probably an '81, and it was being driven by a gentleman with
an eyepatch.  Does anyone know of this person / car in the Memphis
area?  I'm guessing it could be the same one who visited the
upholstery shop.

--Greg

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:32:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: 2/3 lb pressure drop in 30 mins OK?

What your readings mean is some of the air used to make the pressure
dissolved into the coolant. 2/3 LB really doesn't mean much. If you
can pump the pressure up to 14-15 psi and hold it there for 15 min
without seeing the car piss coolant all over then you can be confident
in your work. I would recomend tightening the clamps on all the hoses
you can reach after the car reaches operating temperature. Other than
that it sounds like you're "good to go".
David Teitlbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> I am doing the waterpump. I did a pressure test and had a 2/3lb drop  I
>> think in the first 5-7 mins, but rock solid after that at 14lbs. So,

what