Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2916
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:7 Oct 2005 16:15:39 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: A/C panel light bulbs
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. The Mystery in the Glove Box(vin570)
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. RE: Timing
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Original Interior
From: "gbsdelorean" <gbsdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RE: Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

7. New Delorean
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

8. Re: Original Interior
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

9. Re: New Delorean
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

10. Re: Coolant system pressure check and vacuum routing.
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

11. RE: A/C panel light bulbs
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

12. Re: Speedo cable bracket
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

13. Re: Coolant system pressure check and vacuum routing.
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

14. Interior
From: "gbsdelorean" <gbsdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Wings-A-Loft
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

16. Major site update
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

17. Clock repaired - thanks DML
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

18. Re: Original Interior
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

19. Maryland British Car Day "O.B.C.D." 2006 Date
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

20. VIN # 7085 - Looking for owner of this car
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

21. Re: Interior
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

22. Re: Original Interior
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Re: Coolant system pressure check and vacuum routing.
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

24. Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

25. Re: Re: Coolant system pressure check and vacuum routing.
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:55:56 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock

I guess  you must have been interested enough to inquire?

I was bidding up to $2k for the recent DMC logo certificate on Ebay. I  think
it sold for $2,100 or so. Funny story, was the Trustee and I were  contacted
from a "Phisher/Spoof seller" offering "second chance sale" due to bid
retraction from the winning bidder.  The two of us both thought it  was legitimate
since it was an Ebay type of email, complete email  graphics, etc.   Naturally,
I jumped to buy it and Ebay security  emailed the Trustee and I to disregard
the email offer as it was a fake.   Damn, lost another...

The Ebay DMC certificate was a template for the company and not an actual
certificate. The certificates are engraved and numbered. They look and feel like
 new money.

I was walking/window shopping in Downtown DC for some new shoes. I happened
to see a sign for this company near the Allen Edmonds store and purchased it
and  some of his other DeLorean stuff. It was an impulse buy. I actually had to
drive  to his home in Fairfax Virginia to pick them up. He's a very cool
gentleman  with a very eccentric house filled with cool stuff. He said DMC
engraved  certificate number 1 is worth, at the minimum $10,000 and who ever owns it,
 should sell it to me. LOL!

He is well regarded in the rare document business world and has been
interviewed on TV, News, CNBC,MSNBC etc. Very reputable gentleman and does this  full
time.

 I had it professionally framed 4' X 6' with a matte (it's  huge) so that you
can see the front and back of the stock certificates. In the  middle is a
large color photograph of JZD with the cars and below that  is a DMC stock
prospectus that was also on the website.  They are mounted  so that you can see the
front and back of the prospectus too.

The DMC engraved certificate is number 511 out of XXX amount and was  issued
to Erv R. Tallberg; owner of Tallberg Cadillac, DeLorean,  Chevrolet in
Detroit Michigan. The certificate is for 2500 shares of  Class A common stock.
Tallberg sold the stock to Werner W. Koester of Decatur  Ill. on May 12, 1982. Both
parties signatures & SSN's, and  address's are on the back.

The display look great displayed on an easel from Restoration  Hardware.com
that I found. If you want me to send you some pictures of it, email  me
privately.

Regards,
Mike Pack

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:10:28 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: A/C panel light bulbs

BA7s is a reference to the base size and shape.  When I was searching
for this before SuperBrightLEDs carried them, I remember seeing that
it was used in the instrument lighting on a Vespa, and one of the
really high-end cars....  i.e. Lambo.  Hope that helps some.

--Greg

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 23:34:48 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: The Mystery in the Glove Box(vin570)

The Mystery in the Glove Box(vin570)

I came across a old posting of mine on the DML,as if you are following
 the transformation of (vin 570 into a future Legend car),they come
across
a "mystery" in the Glovebox wondering where did the auto to 5 speed
adapter come from(the factory or aftermarket) The answer to the
Mystery is answered below.(I put it into the glovebox,and let him
know) (I was last owner of 570)

Regards
cbl
p.s. I gave grady all rights to the adapter,so if interested,you
would have to contact him.

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:23:00 EDT

From: CBL302(AT)aol.com

Subject: Re: DML: Chassis/Frame
I forgot to mention,That if somebody does buy a used frame or new
frame

and

they

have a 5 speed delorean,and they bought a frame for a automatic
delorean,I

have

come up with a adapter plate to use in that case,so all is not
lost.If

anybody

needs

info on that you can E-mail me at CBL302(AT)aol.com.
CBL302

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:59:27 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Timing

Your timing adjustments are now done. Nothing significant to be gained
except more burns.  ;)

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:02:15 -0000
From: "gbsdelorean" <gbsdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Original Interior

Dear DeLorean experts
Found a car with a good price, some mechanical work to do, but the big
restoration is the interior.  How hard (expensive) is it to replace
the entire interior?  Besides the hastle of the instal, are the parts
available?  Looking to do the original grey...
Thanks
GBS

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:07:34 -0400
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>
Subject: RE: Re: You too can own some Delorean Stock

Mike or anyone else who wants one, I have a beautiful certificate which I
would part with for the right price.

Jack
20069, 10002

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:31:50 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: New Delorean

Just wondering what is going on at http://www.newdelorean.com

Is this site going to be up soon?

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:53:44 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Original Interior

gbsdelorean wrote:

>>Dear DeLorean experts
>>Found a car with a good price, some mechanical work to do, but the big
>>restoration is the interior.  How hard (expensive) is it to replace
>>the entire interior?  Besides the hastle of the instal, are the parts
>>available?  Looking to do the original grey...
>>Thanks
>>GBS

A delorean in need of a complete interior? Hmm, you didn't happen to
pick up #10544 from Jeff Phillips did you? It's the only D I can recall
being for sale lately that it's interior was completely trashed from the
flood it was in.  If you did I guess I can quit waiting for a reply from
him, as I was interested in buying that car as well.

Anyway, to completely redo the entire interior will cost a pretty
penny.. Possibly more than you paid for the car.  Also several of the
interior pieces are in short supply and are currently unavailable from
any of the vendors reguardless of color.

Though in all honesty I doubt you need *everything*. Alot of the parts
are salvagable even after something like a flood. Your best bet would
probably be to strip the entire interior and see what will clean up and
what won't, then start pricing the stuff that won't.

VIN# 03209
http://badger.brazi.net/delorean

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:27:53 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: New Delorean

I'm sure if you call DMC Houston (toll free) they'd be glad to tell
you. It's their site.

Dave

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:41:21 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant system pressure check and vacuum routing.

Tom,

A little tip,What I like doing,(this applies to any car)when it comes
to coolant hoses is put double (two)hose clamps where ever I cannot
access them(if possible) (like under the Delorean intake)coolant
hoses,that insures,that if one comes loose,or starts seeping, the
second clamp containes the possible leak.
Overkill is always good!

cbl

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_B...> wrote:

>> I've just gotten my new water pump in, all new hoses etc. and am

starting to

>> check the system for leaks.  I'm using a pressure tester borrowed

from auto

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:18:04 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Matt, They are on the web site under electrical.

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:43:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo cable bracket

The bolts are threaded in the normal direction. Get a bigger wrench.
PB blaster is not going to help much, they are just torqued very tight.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_a...> wrote:

>> I tried in vain to remove my broken Speedometer Cable Support

Bracket from

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:47:26 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Overkill is not always the best way to go. If you use a second clamp
it may not clamp over the fitting and may actualy try to move the hose
off of the nipple. The better way to go is to use silicone hoses in
the inaccessable areas. P J Grady sells a kit that includes the
necessary silicone hoses and do not reuse the origional clamps. On
some of the fittings (like the ones on the heads by the water pump)
there is just not enough room for 2 clamps on each end.

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:45:51 -0000
From: "gbsdelorean" <gbsdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Interior

Dear Chris
Thank you for your reply -

In this case it was a DeLorean in storage for *many* years.  The
fellow restored the car, but had a local shop re-upholster the
interior, unfortunately it does not look like the original (ie
hideous).
In this part of the country it is very hot in the summer.
(Brilliant thought just occured...)
Is there a type of fabric to specify to have the original gray look?
Thanks
GBS

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 00:50:05 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wings-A-Loft

Matt,

Best on the market. I've had it installed in my car for over a year
now. I rarely open my doors by hand anymore; 90%+ of my entries are
launched. I hit the button when I'm close to the car and watch
onlooker's jaws drop.

System has been perfectly reliable for me. No problems whatsoever.
Actuators are incredibly light. I think it took me an hour to install
the launching component. Plan a day (or a weekend) if you're going for
the full meal deal with alarm system, remote start, etc.

While you're in the doors, install Toby's lock actuators. Gets rid of
those heavy, power hungry old solenoids.

-Ryan

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 23:41:23 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Major site update

Hey all, Just wanted to let everyone who may be interested know that I
finally got my site updated.
I finally broke down and made a webgui style that looks decent, and did
all the progress updates up to current.
I've been working on it all week and now thankfully I can get back to
working on my car.

Feel free to check it out at:

plus the address is allways in my sig, though the old posts have the old
site, but i'll put a redirect there to point to the new one.

VIN# 03209

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:40:23 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Clock repaired - thanks DML

I don't remember who has written about it, but thanks!  I recall
threads where people wrote that they repaired faulty clocks by
retouching every solder joint.  I just did this, and now my clock
appears 100% stable, versus being blank 95% of the time.  A quick fix
for anyone comfortable with a soldering iron.

Thanks again,
--Greg

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:52:05 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>

>From DMC Houston's description of their complete restoration process
on DMCHelp.com, there is one molded carpet piece that no spares exist
for.  In other, shinier news, DMCH had also recently mentioned that
they're making new, ABS plastic, less expensive, more durable
replacement dashes and binnacles soon.

--Greg

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:28:33 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Maryland British Car Day "O.B.C.D." 2006 Date

The Bowie British Car day has been renamed to the Original British Car Day.
In the old days we had over 1000 different British Cars from all over North
America & Europe, that attended. I don't believe I will be able to  attend,
however if someone requests to be placed next to the Jaguars or the  Lotus Esprit
display, you will have a good time hearing DeLorean stories.

I'm not sure about the facilities at the new site. I believe that Bob  Hajjer
attended once before at this location, so he could give his account of  what
it's like there.

The former site, Allen Pond Park in Bowie Maryland installed a new
irrigation system, that would not allow cars to be driven on the park grounds.  For
those that attended that show, it was a beautiful setting, with the lake,
fountains, and parade field...much better than a hot asphalt parking lot.  LOL!

Sincerely,
Mike Pack
------------------------------
Subj: OBCD 2006 Date
Dear British car enthusiasts,

We would like to  announce a change in date for the The Original British Car
Day (OBCD). The  show will be held on June 4, 2006 on the grounds of
Lilypons Water Gardens,  in Buckeystown, Maryland. This date change was made
in order to not  conflict with MG 2006, scheduled for June 22-25 in
Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  Holding the show on an earlier weekend in June might
also improve the  probability of cooler weather. Please post the new date of
the show on your  club's calendar of events for 2006 and on your website.
Feel free to  circulate this announcement to anyone else who might be
interested.  Additional details will be provided as they become available.

As  always, we have taken constructive comments from fellow British  car
enthusiasts and are planning improvements that will make this event  even
better for 2006. We are thankful for and appreciate the support of all  the
car clubs over the years and look forward to your help and  participation in
OBCD 2006!

Please contact me if you have any  questions, ideas, or if you would like to
help us make OBCD a successful  event in 2006!

Best regards,

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:23:31 -0400
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: VIN # 7085 - Looking for owner of this car

I'm looking for the owner of Vin # 7085. Please contact me privately at
DanRC30(AT)hotmail.com

Ken M. - You can add this one to the chronology as a grey interior 5-speed
1981.

Thanks,
---Evil Dan

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:37:07 -0500
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Interior

gbsdelorean wrote:

>>Dear Chris
>>Thank you for your reply -
>>
>>In this case it was a DeLorean in storage for *many* years.  The
>>fellow restored the car, but had a local shop re-upholster the
>>interior, unfortunately it does not look like the original (ie
>>hideous).
>>In this part of the country it is very hot in the summer.
>>(Brilliant thought just occured...)
>>Is there a type of fabric to specify to have the original gray look?
>>Thanks
>>GBS

Not sure. I know things like the plastic trim pieces over the rear
speakers for example are just covered with a thin vinyl textured sheet
of plastic molded and glued to it for the most part. I think DMCH sells
cut and shaped vinyl to recover the console with, but it doesn't have
the 'waviness' of the original covering though the texture is correct.
You'd just have to start ordering material samples from various
upholstry manufactures, and start going by any local upholstry shops to
you until you can eventually find the right material. If DMCH can get it
i'm sure it can be gotten from elsewhere, as I doubt DMCH will tell you
their source or sell you just the material on the roll.  I can tell you
this though. to do pieces such as the rear trim panels, Your best off
trying to find a vinyl. that doesn't have a fabric backing. This will be
much more elastic and much easier to mold to all the curves with some
applied heat.. Normal vinyl is stretchy to an extent as well, but not
nearly as much.

VIN# 03209

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:40:45 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

ABS plastic? I was under the impression that iw was a similar vacuum
formed piece but with a more durable plastic material.

Anyone know the real style of dashes & binnacles to be offered?

-Joe O'Brien

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:54:11 -0500
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

I just returned from a 5500 mile DeLorean trip up the west coast from
Eureka, Calif to Victoria, BC. Early this summer I went through the engine
and updated everything, water pump, hoses, ignition components and so on. I
used the silicone hoses in the 'valley of death '. Hose clamps have a
tendency to relax over time, probably because the compressed hose takes a
set and dosen't try to expand back .With time and heat rubber hoses adhere
to the metal surfaces and even if the clamp relaxes a bit they usually don't
leak. Silicone hoses don't adhere. I pressure tested everything before
reassembly. I drove the car to the Houston open house and then on the 5500
mile trip. During this last trip the alternator belt started squeeling every
once in a while. Finaly, about 50 miles from home, it broke. I had a spare
and soon was back on the road. but the engine temp kept creeping up and when
I stopped to check things out discovered the coolant was practicaly gone.
I've spent the last two days in the engine compartment and I discoverd the
hose clamps had relaxed and the large silicone hose on the back of the water
pump has been seeping. It apparently seeped out of the vally onto the fan
belt and the intermitant slipping finaly broke the belt. Now I'm wondering
if I should leave the silicone hoses or go back to rubber. Anyone have long
term experiance with silicone hoses under the intake?

Bruce Benson

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:55:03 -0500
From: Greg Zapf <x86Daddy_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video

Did anyone else notice the wall with various right front quarter
panels, presumably different iterations of the design process?  The
middle two (seen 52 seconds in) have some alternate, rather futuristic
looks to them; the top, shorter one looks like some of the modern
designs out right now!

--Greg

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:08:17 -0400
From: Jason Ferrara <jason_at_dml_discordia.org>

I had silicone hoses put in 6 years ago. They haven't been touched
since, and no leaks. I pressure tested the cooling system a few
months ago (had to replace the radiator), so I know they're still
holding well.