Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2919
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:8 Oct 2005 22:49:17 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Looking for the definative LED Taillight part numbers
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: DMC Maryland
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

3. Re: Clock repaired - thanks DML
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

4. Fuel Air Mixture
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. DMC Clock Repair
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Fuel Air Mixture
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for the definative LED Taillight part numbers

How come I have a feeling the whole list looked at me
at once  ;) ?

psst.  *points this way*
http://www.orgsites.com/tx/bozzzydmc/_pgg6.php3

Go to superbrightleds's search engine - put in
"1156-R30".  Look at the specs and match them for
white and amber bulbs.

As long as you get 1156 lights, I don't see any
problems you should have (with brake, reverse, and
running lights).  I personally have not gone this
route simply becuase LEDs are experimental in terms of
their light output, and to be blunt - I don't know if
they're reliable on the road.  If the sun is hitting
your rear end just right, at the right angle, at the
right time of day, and someone is up your butt going
"Delo-what?" and doesn't realize you're braking
because the LEDs aren't producing enough light - well
- that would suck.  Simply put, I don't trust LEDs for
the front and rear of the car - YET.  But if you want
to go with it, go for it!  I would love to get some
info from someone brave enough to do it; it may sway
my decision!  I don't condemn this action, just be
very careful!  If you install them, test them in your
driveway BEFORE you get on the road in like - 1pm
traffic.  Make sure you have an idea what it'll look
like to you before you go on the road to test them.
The end result of the lights not being bright enough
would just not be worth it.

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:11:04 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: DMC Maryland

 Sounds like Delorean Mid Atlantic to me.  (with members from Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania) as well as other states  :-)

Gary Gore
Vice President
Delorean Mid Atlantic
www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

  <<From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC Maryland

Just thought I'd let everyone know, DMC Maryland has expanded so
owners/entusiasts from Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C.,
Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania may join.  You're still welcome to if
you haven't allready.

Chuck McKnight

DMC Maryland - for all De Lorean owners and/or enthusiasts in Maryland, New
Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.>>

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:54:45 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Clock repaired - thanks DML

My 2nd D has the original door and bonnet struts on it, the bonnet
struts will need replacement soon, the door struts still work!  The
louver struts I replaced a couple of weeks ago as they were totally
shot.

Bernie

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:12:29 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Fuel Air Mixture

All,

I have replaced the valve cover on VIN 4045, and started her up
today, the loud ticking noise is still there (sounds like bottom end
problems), but that is not the subject of this email.

I noticed while working in there that the brass idle mixture screws
were loose, on the intake, so based on everything I have read I hand
tightend them down.  Now the car starts and idles fine, but increase
throttle, it hesitates, and almost dies, I do see lots of black
colored moisture coming out of the exhaust pipes.  I have a feeling
that the PO had the mixture adjusted by someone who really didn't
understand the system.

My question is how do I get it back to at least a baseline mixture
adjustment, and it appears that there is some kind of plastic plug
on the Fuel dist adjustment point.  That is another clue to me.  The
other one is that the PO said the car runs rich.

Does anyone have a starting point for me on the mixture, not the
noise.

Thanks,

Bernie

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC Clock Repair

John,

What's the charge for clock repair?  Mine works but
shows strange times....almost like it's showing
military time sometimes....

Tom

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:12:43 -0000
From: "whydoismellsodarnbad" <whydoismellsodarnbad_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video

I feel the same way... the animation was awesome.

Is there a vendor that is willing to sell more DMC Compilation DVD
discs?  I loved "the man and his car" DVD.  Anything would be better
than nothing.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> Is there a FULL length Version of this Video as I WOULD love to

buy a copy, :Dor is it just the 3 minute video the whole thing  :(

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:01:43 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Air Mixture

My guess is your Lambda is dead so the PO turned up the mixture and
fiddled with the brass screws to get it to run. See if the frequency
valve on the right hand valve cover is buzzing. If it is not you have
to get it running before you can begin to adjust the mixture. You
could also have "issues" with some of the other systems like the idle
motor. You will have to check them out, one-by-one. As you go along
you have to find and fix any vacuum leaks.