Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2920
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:9 Oct 2005 17:43:27 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: DMC Clock Repair
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

2. In Between Headlights
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

3. Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

4. Re: Fuel Air Mixture
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: Other quality PJ Grady parts (request)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Re: ?? Separating Tie rod end from steering knuckle, HOW?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Re: Fuel Air Mixture
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

8. Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

9. Re: ?? Separating Tie rod end from steering knuckle, HOW?
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: DMC Netherlands lowering springs and shock kit
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Re: Other quality PJ Grady parts (request)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

13. Re: In Between Headlights
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

14. Re: Fuel Air Mixture
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

15. RE: Looking for the definitive LED Taillight part numbers
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

16. Re: Re: DMC Netherlands lowering springs and shock kit
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

17. Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: DMCH's Performance Exhaust
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. 10989 update
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Fuel Air Mixture
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Nostalgic DMC Video
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

22. Fir tree replacements?
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Removing glass scratches
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. RE: 10989 update
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

25. Re: Clock repaired - thanks DML
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

26. Re: 10989 update
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:52:09 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Clock Repair

Hey group, anybody out there have the right contacts to make a new
product for the clock area?  What about a sturdy black sticker with
a raised silver DMC logo, just to cover the clock.  Not too thick of
a sticker though, it should be able to be tucked into the edges
around the clock.  Of course the best alternative is to replace it,
but this might be a nice looking cheap, temporary (or maybe
permanent) fix.  Even if thge logo isn't raised up, just a plain
sticker with the logo, would be better than the non-working, fogged
up clock I have there now.  Just a suggestion.

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:55:26 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: In Between Headlights

I came across a prduct that goes in between the headlights, to fill up
the space with a nice looking silver product (not sure if it was
stainless or aluminum).  But now I can't remember where I saw it.
Anybody know which web site this is on?  Thanks very much.

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:53:20 +0100
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video

That clip is from the BBC production "car crash - the delorean story" which
was shown on british tv last year.

Probably the best documentary I have seen on the car.

Alistair
Belfast.

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:00:06 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Air Mixture

When you say right hand valve cover, is that the passenger side one
or the drivers side, from the back of the car?

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...>
wrote:

>> My guess is your Lambda is dead so the PO turned up the mixture and
>> fiddled with the brass screws to get it to run. See if the

frequency

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:48:14 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Other quality PJ Grady parts (request)

Rob and list,

I know Rob has been selling quality products for a while, but
sometimes less expensive similar parts flood the market and it
is no longer cost effective to continue selling some of these
quality parts.  Case in point, the HCR speedo angle drives.

While I agree with Rob's statement that there are mainy thrifty
DeLorean owners out there that are looking for the best price
for parts, there are some parts where many owners would prefer
higher quality over lower price.  I also realize there are quite
a few DeLorean owners out there that do not put a lot of miles
on their DeLoreans annually, so the low cost part is just fine.

However, for the DeLorean owners that do put a lot of miles on
their DeLoreans, it does become tiresome and expensive to have
to replace a failed angle drive (even with a free warranty part)
since there are labor costs and time involved with replacement.

Rob, if you decide to start a poll or two about parts to build
or build again, put me down for a half dozen HCR angle drives.
I have seen several posts here over the past year from other
owners who would prefer doing this repair once rather than often.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, <rob_at_dml_p...> wrote:

>> Nate & the DML group,
>>
>> Thank you for purchasing our circuit boards. Over the years since we
>> introduced (1994 I believe) them we have sold well over a thousand

of our

>> "Life-Time" guarantee boards which fortunately for us have proven to

be

>> extremely reliable. Our warranty rate is less than one percent

compared to

>> an approximately seventy five percent failure rate (My best

guess-timate!)

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 17:39:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ?? Separating Tie rod end from steering knuckle, HOW?

Don't tap the threaded end..  It will damage the tie
rod..

What sometimes works is to hit the side with a hammer.
 Not the tie rod, but the part it is in, the arm off
of the knuckle.

--- Nick Kemp <nkemp_at_dml_bwig.net> wrote:

>> I'm trying to replace the boots on the tie rod end.
>> But I can't separate
>> the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
>>
>> Does anyone have any good suggestions?
>>
>> It is soaking in WD40 and I've been tapping it with
>> a hammer.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
>>

>> To address comments privately to the moderating
>> team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
>> sale see www.dmcnews.com

>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:55:39 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Air Mixture

Bernie,

Passenger side.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:58:36 -0400
From: Todd Nelson <tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu>

I've heard of this documentary many times but have not been able to find a
copy.  Is this out there somewhere?  Or was it simply a TV special that was
never put onto video?

Thanks,
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:02:32 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Nick,

Generally I would agree with marc's suggestion.   however, you can drop the tierod by
using the method I am about to discribe to you.

It does require the use of a small hydraulic bottle jack, this works the best, but you may be
able to use a floor jack as an alternitive.

raise the front high enough ( supported by jack stands) so that you can place the bottle
jack under the steering arm right next to the tierod end. jack up on the arm so that there
is some pressure on the arm usually a 1/2 inch to an 1 inch above the point of contact.
what this does is prevent spring back and creates ridgidity to the steering arm. now
remove the tierod nut and screw it back on upside down until the nut is flush or slightly
higher than the top of the ball stud.  Take a hammer and smack the top square and firmly
,it will usually drop on the first hit, but if not do it again. It will I guarantee it.

Only attempt this if you have to tools I discribed. I use this method all the time too prevent
damaging the tierod end and boot with a pickle fork sparator.  Especially if you are not
replacing them and need to reuse them without damage.

Dennis

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:25:26 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Netherlands lowering springs and shock kit

Jeremy,

I have the DMCH suspension set up  and the ride is very firm and corners like it's on rails
this is mostly because their  rear shocks are quite stiff. if you have smooth twisty black top
roads in your area you will love them. if you drive on roads with cracks and bumps as
there are in my area you will hate them, because of the stiff rear shocks. unfortunately this
shock set up recently doubled in price.

Dennis

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:55:49 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Other quality PJ Grady parts (request)

In a message dated 10/8/2005 8:26:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net writes:

put me  down for a half dozen HCR angle drives

I second the request

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:15:19 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic DMC Video

Now the big question,can a Ligit copy be made and bought,Since I
mean,there was no way to see it here in the USA, ;D sorta kinda a
British revenge for not orignally selling the cars in the UK.  :(
Maybe someone can talk to the producers into making a DVD copy for sale.
Maybe thru a UK Delorean Club or Vendor.

cbl

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o...>

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:20:03 -0400
From: "Michael C. Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: In Between Headlights

I wold bet that it was DeLorean Steel Products at
http://www.delorean-steel-products.com or http://tinyurl.com/bnzhp

many cool things on their site.

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:26:05 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

The standard "convention" is to refer to everything from sitting in
the driver's seat. From that when I say the right-hand valve cover I
mean the one under the air filter or the right side of the car facing
foward. The frequency valve is under the air filter attached to the
right valve cover towards the front of the motor (passenger side). On
the left valve cover you will find the oil breather/fill and the
warm-up regulater.

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:29:32 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for the definitive LED Taillight part numbers

I had a lot of problems with my original boards, I tried the nut & bolt
method and that worked for a short time, and soldering can sometimes fix the
problem as long as you don't have any breaks or cracks in the board. I
finally bought Rob's new boards and I can honestly say that they are
worth it for the peice of mind.
You never know when your lights are working back there or not and I remember
getting
pulled over by the fuzz because one of my lights was out - which gives them
a lame reason
to pull you over.
Rob's boards fixes this for good, and the connection is better so the bulbs
are brighter.

As most of you know I sell kits of LED's, and I have tried just about every
sort of LED
bulbs with our tail lights and nothing looks as bright as the originals.
The running lights look OK, but the others don't look right.
The reason is because our lenses are designed to use a regular bulb that
emmits lights
from all angles, and the reflectors magnify the light and spread it out.
There are LED clusters that have a special ring of lights that runs around
the edge
of the LED lights to create an outside light to the reflectors, but you just
can't see them
in the daylight. Bottom line, you would spend way over $100 to solve the job
that $10 could do better. You can bet your life that if I thought I could
sell them without complaint I would!
I will not sell anything that I think someone will not like.
I have ZERO returns of any of my items.
SO that said, the only solution would be a custom made board with a layer of
LEDS that
covers the entire surface area of the lens, and the reflector removed from
the lens.
This would be expensive, but if the demand is there it can be done.....

Bottom line, get Rob's boards and put really bright 1156's bulbs in there
with some
white grease to prevent corrosion.

- Videobob

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:23:33 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

I second what Dennis just said.  On bumps, cracks, and railroad
tracks the car will be quite bumpy and stiff with the DMCH shocks and
springs. On smooth curvy  roads, the car handles and rides like a dream.

-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:34:35 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

This video was only aired on BBC british television, it can not be played or
sold anywhere in the US because it is quite incriminating and if you are a
blind follower of JZD it will make you quite angry, if you are failry open
minded you will most likely believe what they say.
The thing that makes it amazing is WHO is saying WHAT, no heresay, but from
the mouths
of the people who were involved.
JZD took some secrets to the grave.
-VB

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:36:37 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMCH's Performance Exhaust

Good question, I've always wondered that also . Did you try putting performance exhaust
into their  part search eng.  I also just recieved an order from them and it did include a
paper flier advertising it.  $1495.00 which includes genuine JET-HOT ceramic coating.  I
Have had my system 2 years now. I was the first person to purchase a set when they first
offered them seperately from the engine package. Mine began to rust a few months after
installation but fortunately DMCH is standing bhind there product is is going to cover the
expense of having it Jet Hot coated.  The early systems were NOT jet hot coated but
painted with somthing that looked like it.  If you get the system and decide you you don't
like the sound it makes. I am currently experimenting with a drop in polished stainless
replacement that sounds better and is freer flowing.

Dennis

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:43:04 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 10989 update

For those of you following my car, today was Christmas for me. We;
Mike and I, found the electrical problem and got the thing to crank
consistanly, we fixed the trailing arm assembly, and I learned alot
about my car. The only thing that really gets under my skin is that
I must have gotten bad gas because a while back I cleaned the entire
tank and all the parts that go in it, replaced all the lines and put
89 octane gas in it, then it didn't start so it sat for two or three
months because of family issues an college. Mike noticed that the
pump was not pumping so we took the thing out and what do you know,
rust and junk all in the gas and the pump is seized. It's like
taking two steps forward and three steps back. I know it's an old
car and normally take in stride but for some reason I was frustrated
with this one because I just knew that it would be running by now,
now I have to replace everything that I have to do in the tank.
Tuesday I get the new Tie rod ends from DMCH and will replace them
Saturday.

That reminds me, is there only one size banjo bolt for the pump? I
ordered one from DMCH told them that it was a stuby and i think they
sent me the wrong one because it is too long, I put three copper
washers on it to try to get it to fit but it still won't fit right.
I know that was a stupid thing to do and the car not starting
probably saved my car, I assumed that DMCH would send me everything
I need for the job, but they missed some parts. The copper washer
that they sent was a bit too big, the bolt is to long, so I hope
that it was human error. I didn't know what it was supposed to look
like so I didn't tell them about it until months after I ordered the
part. I found out that the P.O did not know what he was doing when
he/she worked on it.

It will be at Chicago hopefully it will be pretty too ;P

Josh

Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Credit to Dave Sontos - it's his website:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u0gn/id6.html

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:22:52 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Nostalgic DMC Video

Oh Gee!
You're not kidding VideoBob.

I found a video from 1986 from the UK that is a documentary on the  book,
Dream Maker: The rise and fall of John Z. DeLorean by Fallon &  Strodes. WOW!
Incredible details, excellent interviews, and footage.The film  interviews people
that were devastated (forced into bankruptcy)  by going into business with
John DeLorean and Roy Nesseth.

The DMC executives that were interviewed worked very hard building the
factory and arranging the financing to build the factory & establish the  dealer
network, shipping, warrenty etc. Lotus engineers were responsible  for
construction & engineering of the DMC car.

The DeLorean executives in charge of building the factory &  establishing the
dealer network were never thanked for working so hard or  devoting so much of
their own personal time into DMC according to the  film.  They went on to
say, that they had their lives & their  family's lives threatened by Delorean and
Nesseth.

They said nothing nice about DeLorean's personal character as a friend,
businessman, or co-worker.

Christina Ferrare was interviewed, and she claims to have witnessed  DeLorean
fabricate phoney documents and forge other people's signatures on DMC
documents while married to him.

The jurors interviewed in the 1986 Detroit "GPD" Fraud trial all said that
they misunderstood the Judges instructions, and during the deliberations they
actually found JZD guilty on 9 out of 10 charges.

However, on one of the charges, they were hung and could not decide either
way. According to the film, the jury misunderstood the Judges complicated
instruction, so the jury thought that the entire ballot of all  charges had to be
a unanimous decision of either not guilty on all charges  or guilty on all
charges.

 When they realized that they could not reach a unanimous decision on  one of
the charges, they thought that they had to acquit JZD on all  charges.

According to the film, DeLorean & Nesseth swindled an elderly, widow in  poor
health, out of millions of dollars, including her Malibu California beach
house filled with objects d'Art. She was contacted by them as a savoir to her
late husbands business...JZD  moved into that same house when she was  evicted.

Mike

This  video was only aired on BBC british television, it can not be played or

sold anywhere in the US because it is quite incriminating and if you are a
blind follower of JZD it will make you quite angry, if you are failry open
minded you will most likely believe what they say.
The thing that makes  it amazing is WHO is saying WHAT, no heresay, but from
the mouths
of  the people who were involved.
JZD took some secrets to the  grave.

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 04:53:45 -0000
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fir tree replacements?

Hello all,

I've noticed the fir trees on my door panel have become worn out and
subsequently it has become difficult to push the panel back in flush.
Is there a way to purchase new fir trees and install them on an
existing panel? Thanks for your help

-Daniel

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 05:01:37 -0000
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Removing glass scratches

While replacing my window channel seal I've notice a few minor
scratches on various glass sections. Nothing serious but nonetheless
worth fixing. I've used Eastmans polishing compund on my other cars
and it works great.  I was just wondering which stock windows are
tinted? And are they tinted on the outside or inside. I Would assume a
glass polishing compound could harm the tint. Thanks in advance.

-Danny

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:18:54 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: 10989 update

Josh. I have 1 left of a rebuilt pump for $50.00 or new HP pumps for $109.95
if you want to use it instead of messing up a new pump and all the other
parts for the fuel pump your having trouble with.
By the way, if the tie rod ends are NOS inventory, then the plastic that
protects the joint will crack off. All mine are brand new with new rubber
seals and might I say a little cheaper.

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 05:23:41 -0000
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Clock repaired - thanks DML

I just had my 1st anniversary with my D(5935).  Had 16900 on it when
I got it(now has 27000).  The clock works perfectly and keeps great
time.  All struts were original when I bought it, but I had to
replace the doors -- the other 4 are still original and work great.
The reset on the trip meter is also original and still intact.  The
AC was down 3/4 lb of r12 and $70 later blows very cold.
The po lied to me about various things and sent me pictures of a
different car before I bought it sight unseen(I don't recommend
doing this).  The day I bought it I got Marc Levy up at 1:00 in the
morning to check it out to make sure it would make the 700 mile trip
home(flew from Greenville, SC to Philly to pick it up).  Marc gave
the engine a clean bill of health, but the brakes ended up being the
problem(I ended up driving it home with 5 seized pistons, front end
out, and four wheels way out of balance -- not a fun way to spend 13
hours alone in a car in the rain).
Anyway, a year later I drive the about 3 days a week, and it's
running great.  A couple of things that still need to be done --
1) Large dent in drivers door -- does anyone know anybody in the
Greenville, SC-Charlotte area that does good stainless work?
2) Front and rear facias don't line up -- any ideas on how to fix
this?

I guess I've rambled long enogh -- but is there anyone else in my
area with a D?  I feel all alone here

Easley(Greenville), SC>

>> John,
>>
>> You saw my car about 2 years ago and the clock has always worked

and keeps excellent time.

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 05:52:24 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

"Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_y...> wrote:

"I found out that the P.O did not know what he was doing when
he/she worked on it."

Josh,
  that is the most repeated line ever with new Delorean owners as
they try to unravel the messes the D.P.O. did to get it to run.

Good luck, you should have it running soon.

-Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,