Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2937
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:18 Oct 2005 22:32:25 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

2. Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

3. Re: Torsion bar adjustment: Complete
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Re: Early Door Keys
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Gullwing Calendar
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

6. Re: trailer hitch (was Bernie's Ticking)
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

7. RE: There is another...
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. mounting a speed sensor magnet
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

9. Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

10. Re: Re: Torsion bar adjustment: Complete
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. Re: Gullwing Calendar
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

12. Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

13. Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

14. Re: Fuse #5 blowing
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

15. Re: Re: Idle adjustment screw?
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:11:49 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Flooded Delorean on Ebay

No. If you re read the Ebay auction the car was at a trim shop getting
the seats redone and fascias were removed. Also one has Grey interior
and the other is Black.

Clearly 2 different cars.

Mark V

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:21:50 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

I doubt it - the interiors are different colors.  One is grey,
the other is black.

-------------- Original message from "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>: --------------

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:58:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Torsion bar adjustment: Complete

I am glad to hear that your procedure went well. The only point of
contention I have is the power in the torsion bars IS a big deal. If
you were not warned about it and did not have enough leverage you
would not be such a "Happy Camper". Imagine if you did not have a pipe
on that allen wrench. It would have taken off for "parts unknown" in a
hurry maybe hurting someone and/or damaging things. You would not have
been able to take your time working off the bracket and you would not
have had the control necesary to remove and replace the bolts. Do not
underestimate the power in those torsion bars! All this illustrates
how important it is to prepare and use the proper tools. You are also
correct saying you should NEVER have to touch them again. If the doors
start to droop in warm weather replace the struts instead of winding
up the torsion bars. A drop of oil on the ends of the struts and door
hinges is about all that you should ever have to do!

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:18:51 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Early Door Keys

I actually have an ILCO key and it has 2 numbers on th eside of it

X184
B65

This seems to work for what I need it to.

Sean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, rodney rael <rodrael1_at_dml_g...> wrote:

>> Todd:
>>  I agree with LLoyd, I had a similar problem, I finally went to a

locksmith

>> shop and they matched the door key with a volvo blank the key

number is an

>> "x81" the key blank name is taylor. It works just fine.
>>   Rodney

has the

able to make

having

X-ref. book

said to use an

the DMCNews

store didn't

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:33:11 -0500
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Gullwing Calendar

Ron,  Can we email them or do you want them on a CD or just a photo.

Bruce Benson

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:42:25 -0000
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: trailer hitch (was Bernie's Ticking)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "gullwingmag" <gullwing-
magazine_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_c...> wrote:
>

>> I can't drive both

>> Dont tell my Yellow D that... it pulls a trailer just fine :~}
>>
>> Ron

I'm kinda scared to ask, but where in the heck did you find an area sturdy
enough to mount a hitch to? And for another matter Why would you want
to? I wouldn't think the PRV would be up for pulling much.

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:54:26 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: There is another...

Nope, not mine. Mine is still up on ramps dealing with a cantankerous tranny
reallignment. Would be interesting to know whose it is.     Drive Stainless
       Robert   6924

From: "Gary Weaver II" <gw2tulsa_at_dml_cox.net>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] There is another...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:44:24 -0000

Well, look at that. I was driving in late to the office this morning
and saw another Delorean on the Broken Arrow Expressway...

As near as I could tell it was an 82 or 83 with the flat hood and
sidestripes. Plate number was 962-ZCK

Not sure if they are on the DML, but if you are I'd love to hear from
you.

Gary Weaver II
Grey, 5 speed, 81

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:44:33 -0700
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: mounting a speed sensor magnet

I'm trying to install a digital speedometer that uses a magnet mounted on an axle to count wheel revolutions.  A while back I read a post from someone who'd done the same thing, and found a perfect mounting hole in an axle for the magnet (and the accompanying sensor), but I can't find that post, now, and I can't find that mounting hole, either!

If you've put a magnet/sensor setup on your car, please tell me where you put it!

Thanks,
Owen

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:58:23 -0000
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> I was wondering if this Delorean on Ebay:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8yftc  (vin#4004)
>>
>> is the same Salvage Flood car from New Orleans La.
>>
>> as this Delorean in the Photos section on DMCNEWS
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/asyxq
>>
>> or were there two cars that got flooded out.
>>
>> cbl

I think jeff philips car (the one in the archive photos) was vin#10544 so this
looks to be a different one.

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:39:35 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Torsion bar adjustment: Complete

On 10/18/05, David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net> wrote:

>> I am glad to hear that your procedure went well. The only point of
>> contention I have is the power in the torsion bars IS a big deal. If
>> you were not warned about it and did not have enough leverage you
>> would not be such a "Happy Camper". Imagine if you did not have a pipe
>> on that allen wrench.

Agreed; without a pipe for leverage I could have chewed up my hand
real good, not to mention the car and who knows what else. No
arguments there. My statement should have been prefaced with, "When
done right." Some of the tutorials I ran across talked the job up more
than I felt was necessary.

Safety is important and should come first but we can also be
reasonable about it. I think many people are scared off of attempting
this based on the dire warnings posted - and maybe some of them should
be; however, I delayed doing this for a year because the warnings
scared me off. In fact I seriously considered driving the 4 hours to
Seattle last weekend and begging Toby Peterson to help me out. But I
figured I'd have to learn this sooner or later so we just did it and
found it to be easy. Quite frankly, replacing my radiator was more
difficult.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate everyone's advice on all sides of the
spectrum. I wouldn't have even attempted the job without it. These
mailing lists and everyone who posts on them are invaluable to people
like me who aren't close to a reputable DeLorean mechanic.

--
- Ryan
http://www.memfrag.com - Memory Fragment Search & Storage

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:31:16 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Email is fine.  Highest resolution of course.

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:06:57 -0000
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> I was wondering if this Delorean on Ebay:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8yftc  (vin#4004)
>>
>> is the same Salvage Flood car from New Orleans La.
>>
>> as this Delorean in the Photos section on DMCNEWS
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/asyxq
>>
>> or were there two cars that got flooded out.
>>
>> cbl

I'd watch out for this car as well for anyone interested. If it was
submerged in saltwater then it needs alot more work then just being
washed and having the fluids flushed. The car would probably have to
be completely stripped and every component dismantled and cleaned
thoroughly.. Saltwater is hell on anything and there's no way it could
have been cleaned out of everything with just the work listed in that
auction as having been done thus far.  As it sits everything electrical
would probably die or self destruct in 6months to a year if left untouched.

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:33 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Your right I wasn't paying close attention on the interior color,(the
pics make the interior look somewhat gray(or maybe its my computer)
but the new seats were a dead giveaway.(I had assumed he was trying
to save it,on the ebay pics)I guess that makes two down,I think there
is a higher chance that 4004 will see the road again(in one piece)
than the other one in the DMCNEWS photos,that one looks to far
gone,but then you never know the ambitions of a DMC'er.

cbl

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:01:05 -0000
From: "Louie" <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Fuse #5 blowing

Thanks for all the help on this problem guys! It turned out one of the
wires to the temperature switch had hit the exhaust manifold and was
melted. I would have never guessed to look back there because the
manual says nothing about #5 powering the temperature switch. Oddly
enough it looks like this might have happened before to my car... the
same wire that was melted has a different connecter than the second
wire. The car is running great now though, just in time for this great
fall weather!

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

>> Louie, You might look around the otterstat, #5 powers that also and

if the

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Re: Idle adjustment screw?

Thanks Dave!
Will adding fuel injector cleaner give me a good chance to have the injectors cleaned, after all the car only has 21,000 miles on it? I just bought a new cap, rotor and wires this week and i put new spark plugs in a few months ago. So the cap rotor and wires will be on soon. Can you give me a bit more info on the Hot Start Plug and what it looks like. I looked near the fuse box and dont know what to check. And last how do i check that the air sensor plate does not rub the sides of the venturi (dont know what the ventur is) Thanks for your help

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net> wrote:
Since you still have the tamper-proof plug you should not be very far
off on the mixture adjustment. You either have dirty fuel injectors or
misfiring spark plugs. You should see a nice pattern from the
injectors, not a stream or a dribble. If you don't know how old the
wires are replace them, the cap and rotor. A new set of plugs would
also be good. If it is still very rich on start-up the cold start
system may not be working correctly. Make sure that there is nothing
plugged into the Hot Start Plug by the fuse block. Make sure that the
air filter is not dirty and the air sensor plate does not rub on the
sides of the venturi.