Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2941
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:21 Oct 2005 00:37:02 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Cooling Fan Fan
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

3. RE: FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall
From: "Shain" <dsmguy_at_dml_ptd.net>

4. RE: Re: Towing the DMC
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Seat Covers
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>

6. RE: FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:06:00 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall

The only time it does it, is after a cold start.

Sean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_d...> wrote:

>> It's just a pair of relays in a box. I've done the same on mine.

Rather

>> than have one relay do the work, I have two, and I spent a couple

of $

>> extra on fused relays. I made my own flying leads and it's been

fine

>> ever since. Taking a feed directly off the battery? Where do you

think

>> the main feed on the fan relay comes from anyway?
>>
>> If your car stalls at idle due to the fans cutting in, there's

something

>> wrong elsewhere.
>>
>> Martin

seems

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:31:23 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Cooling Fan Fan

I just bought a set of BA7, LEDs from superbrightleds.com for my AC
panel and they look great.  All for less than twenty bucks.
4 whites for the general illumination
2 reds for the fan fail and door lock lights
1 amber for the defroster light.

I was thinking of blocking off the word(s) Fan Fail as I have a set of
fused jumpers with the extra connection to light that bulb when power
is going to the fans.

I have read about several methods of doing this.  I do not want to put
a piece of tape on the outside.

What methods have others used to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dave Delman
Dē & 6530

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:14:41 -0400
From: "Shain" <dsmguy_at_dml_ptd.net>

Sean,

Martin is right in this case.  It also had leds for testing,  but there
really pointless.  Running a power lead directly to the battery over a
painted, grounded, relay box doesn't seem to be the best idea to me.  Rob
Grady is now selling a box which is the closest to the fanzilla, and a
little cheaper as well.

-Shain

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:33:18 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Towing the DMC

I guess I will just have to find a small and light enough trailer for the
Delorean that my car can handle. I don't want to have to buy a big truck
just for the rare times I tow the car.

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:48:59 -0000
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>
Subject: Seat Covers

Hi,
I just bought my first D. I have been dreaming of owning one of these
gems for years. When I went to pick it up I noticed that the clutch
was very soft and almost all the way to the floor. Well I was quite
bummed out since I now need to get the brake seals checked before I
can bring this baby home. Hopefully this is the only issue, since the
D does not use a cable, correct?

While I am waiting I have been thinking about the cracked drivers
seat. Are the seat covers available from multiple areas any good? Do
you remove the old cover first and then replace with the new? Is there
a special way to do it? Should I remove the seat to re-cover it?
Should I just buy a new seat? I see these new black and grey
covers/seats, has anyone tried them, are they nice?

Once I get my baby I am sure that I will be back many times. Thank you
in advance for all of your advice.

Rick 3290

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:16:10 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Sean, The Fanzilla is gone but my Fan Fix is selling very well. If you have
a problem with the car dying at idle when the fans come on then you also
have other problems in the battery /alternator. Those are also on the site.
The Fan Fix is under modifications and alternator is naturally under
alternators.