Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2948
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:24 Oct 2005 20:12:23 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: AC Setups (Early Vs. Later)
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: DMC Ebay scams
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Delorean V-8 Conversions
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

4. Re: Election Reminder-DeLorean Owners Association
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

5. Zilla
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: B28F engine
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

7. AC Condensor Set-up
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

8. Defunct Products (was - RE: FanZilla versus...)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Salem "Oregon" Delorean
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

10. Re: My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

11. Re: aircon air flow contrast
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

12. Re: DMC Ebay scams
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall
From: "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Shock absorbers
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Front End shimmy
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. RE: RE: Strange acceleration problem
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Minimum rotor thickness?
From: "o0shoryuken0o" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>

18. Re: RE: Strange acceleration problem
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

19. Re: Front End shimmy
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

20. Re: Strange acceleration problem
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

21. Re: Shock absorbers
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

22. Re: RE: Strange acceleration problem
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

23. Re: B28(0)F engine
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

24. Re: Delorean V-8 Conversions
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

25. Re: Shock absorbers
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:45:48 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: AC Setups (Early Vs. Later)

Brandon.. Same as yourself.  After the accumulator would not work I  got the
correct one from John.  The other vendor has not refunded money for  the one
they sent or for the AC Compressor, which also failed.  I no longer  do
business with them.  The prior owner used them and recommended them and  I followed
suit but no more.

Roy  #0893

In a message dated 10/24/2005 9:44:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Hey  Roy,

So does yours have a high pressure switch etc or are you like  me?

As for accumulator, John sells the bottom connecting type (early
version) with dessicant for R134A or the stuff used for R12.  It
really isn't anything special, just dissecant inside a welded  tube.

Thanks,

Brandon

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:58:47 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMC Ebay scams

Scott... Both are obviously scams and should be avoided at all costs.   This
type of scam has been around for sometime.  If it seems too good to be  true
then it probably isn't true.  These auctions should be reported to  e-bay so
e-bay can take action.  I've seen this type of scam in so many  different areas
of e-bay.

Roy

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:09:16 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean V-8 Conversions

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:03:08 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Election Reminder-DeLorean Owners Association

Tony..  I'd love to get involved but I'm East Coast.    Everything seems to
be located on the West Coast.  So, how can I  help?

Roy
VIN # 0893

In a message dated 10/20/2005 8:36:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com writes:

To the  DeLorean Owners Association Members,

Elections are coming next  month.  If you would like to be a candidate for
the board of the
DeLorean Owners Association or would just like to be a part of our staff
please contact the
director of dw magazine at our magazine website.   Thanks to the many members
for their
support and hope to talk to you all  soon.

All the best,

Tony Hilger
DeLorean Owners  Association
dw magazine  director
http://www.deloreanmagazine.com

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:24:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Zilla

Zilla products are the best, by far...they work in all cars without the nonsense that I have found with other vendors stuff...The excuses if their product doesn't work is usually "Well there must be something else wrong with your car"  or "Your car must be wired differently"....Ya.... maybe but it's sad to see people "opening up" Zilla products just to screw with Bob.

If vendors make a product it should work in all car regardless....or at least know enough about our cars to know the differences in wiring and be able to answer questions from customers about how to install the bloody things instead of getting rude and saying "well it works in all my other customers cars"

Kick the Zilla line if you want.....I've got all of them in my car and all work 100%.....The goal should not be knocking Zilla because they are too expensive.  That's the price... if you don't like it..fine, don't buy it.  If you want to risk your car to someone who has only been in the DeLorean business for a brief period of time....hey that's fine too.   My car is worth the extra investment in a product that is fully tested and not just in 20 or 30 cars but hundreds of cars with NO failures.

Bottom line...it's your car, do with it what you will.   If you want what's best for your car listen to the guys who have been doing this for 20 years!!!!!   I'll never again purchase an electrical add-on or gizmo that some of you "invent" without first talking with the guys who really know what's up with our cars.   I've done it before and literally pissed away some money on items that don't work as claimed and will not install per the written instructions.

Seems simple to me

Tom Watkins

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:55:15 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: B28F engine

It does sound like a B280 - the inlet ports are not round for example,
and Dani suggests it's EFI which says to me B280. But the valves are the
same size AFAIK until you go to the 3 litre PRVs which again, AFAIK,
Volvo didn't use.

It will go in and it will fit (changing crank case and sump) but the
pain is the flywheel sensor

Martin

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:55:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dan Haney <DRHANEY_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: AC Condensor Set-up

Brandon Wrote:

"It makes sense since I had Dan check his car (over vin 34XX) and his
looks like what's shown on John Hervey's site with the high pressure
switch etc.

Since mine is 3323 maybe you are correct and it just uses the
expansion valve instead. "

My Vin is actually 3254 and the picture on John's website could have been taken from my car.
I suppose that somewhere between vin 3254 and 3323 they could have made the switch!?!

Have a great day.

Dan Haney

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:17:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Defunct Products (was - RE: FanZilla versus...)

This method is evident in the cancelation of the Koncelik/Grady shocks. One
complainer kept complaining scaring off potential buyers (even after the offer
was given to fix the isolated problem), then costs went up and now that product
no longer exists. Now there is no real healthy vendor competition for this item,
though Mid-State DeLorean Club still offers their option at half the cost of the
Eibach setup. http://www.midstatedmc.com/parts/shocks.html

Shannon Y
16506

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:00:25 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Salem "Oregon" Delorean

Someone was/is parking their D in the hotel parking a block south
from me. They have Oregon plates that  say "OREGON". Just wondering
if they are on list or if anyone knows who they are.
Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX

http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:10:44 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: My personal experience with my fanzilla and a fan fix.

Okay... as the owner of this infamous Yellow car let me get a few of
the details correct.

The car that actually had the fire with a "fused" jumper (see Vol 1,
Issue 3 of Gullwing Magazine) was my wifes Concours winner!  Pretty
nasty meltdown actually.  The repair included the installation of the
FanZilla.  Car has been fine ever since.

This meltdown prompted me to do some preventitave work on my Yellow
D.  Of course, by the time I got to it, nobody had a FanZilla.  Since
I am one of those owners who spreads my money among all of the
DeLorean vendors I contacted John at SpecialtAuto.  At the time John
was trying some "new" things with his Fan Fix and I agreed to be the
ginnie pig.  We sent a couple different versions of the Fan Fix back
and forth and I settled in with the current version for the last
couple of years.  Since this car had an issue with running warm ever
since I started its resurection, the fans and associated wiring have
had a real workout.  The overheat problem was eventually fixed with a
new radiator (thank you Don Steger... still spreading the $$ around).

During our annual run to Evansville I noticed the fans would not shut
off and the car was running a bit warm.  Makes sense now that I now
only one fan was running...the other was not running due to a fuse
meltdown.  Given the history of this car, I have no doubt there could
be other issues that contributed to the problem that I havent found
yet.  I have been in contact with John and the unit is on the way
back to him for some CSI work.

Im no electrical engineer, but what I have really learned lately is
that people that do this type of stuff have a million different ideas
on how it should be done.  My recent attempt to repair the trans
computer (third time) in my wifes car has really brought this to
light.

Ron Wester
www.gullwingmagazine.com
gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

>> DMC_5180,
>> Please tell the whole story, what you failed to mention was the

owner of the

>> Very well known Yellow car had a previous fire, yes fire in his car

with the

>> factory un-fused jumper. The car ran fine apparently for years and

then all

>> of a sudden it burned. Something caused it and my feeling is one of

the fans

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:35:01 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: aircon air flow contrast

On 10/24/05, Chris Hawes <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> I re-furbished my aircon a little while ago (my evaporator blew) and
>> everything seems to work as it should except that if I want hot air I can
>> get it through the door and central vents but the foot area still blows
>> cold.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?

I have the opposite problem. I always get hot air at my feet.
Something is wrong, but I have no idea what.

--
- Ryan

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:49:35 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Personally I have found and reported at least 5 false ebay listings.
Your really need to watch out for scams on ebay.

My only advice is to go out and look at the car. Spend that extra
money on airfare, and hand deliver the money in exchange for the
title. Where I live in AZ, those who hold the title own the car.

If it seems too good to be true IT IS!. I found out the hard way and
lost thousands of dollars. In my case someone had swiped a legit
ebay listing and put it on cars.com (which by the way was VERY
unresponsive to any inquiry i sent after the fact)

Ebay is pretty good. If you catch it, you can open a chat session,
and they will have it pulled within an hour or so.

If you want to purchase on ebay, watch out for Deloreans that have
previously sold, and within about 1 month re-listed. Also watch out
for cars that seem to want to bend e-bay rules. If you venture
outside of ebay, you are running a risk of losing money.

Ebay is a great way to find thing, so please do not think that i am
knocking ebay, just do your homework and as I suggest hand deliver
the money.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <bk2d80s_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> I don't know for sure, but, it seems like lately there have been a
>> couple suspicious DMC auctions floating around.. One I saw has

already

>> been mentioned for 5,800.00 buy it now price.. I talked with
>> the "owner", saying I wanted to come pick it up in Ohio.. But the

car

>> is of course overseas so I cant..Cause hes supposively in the

military

>> stationed in Scotland? He says he would ship it OVERSEAS free

because

>> the military would pay for it.. Wich could be legit actually..

But ?

>> Then there's this one that popped up today..
>>  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-Restored-DeLorean-in-good-

condition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31830QQitemZ4584698849QQrdZ1QQss
pa

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:38:51 -0000
From: "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: FanZilla versus the EBay competitor for Fan Controller Idle Stall

(I can't help but chime in on this topic so please forgive me for
those of you tired of reading this thread)

All,

With the recent debate of Fanzilla vs FanFix vs the Ebay competitor,
I just want to say that I purchased a FanFix over the summer and
have had no problems whatsoever.  I am sure that there are a few out
there that for whatever reason may have problems, this is just a
natural occurence of mass production and I know it sucks but it
happens.

Same with Fanzilla I'm sure and the same will be true of the ebay
competitor version I'm sure of as well.  I'm sure Fanzilla is a fine
product, but I am restoring my Delorean on a budget and decided to
go with John's version.  Nothing against Fanzilla, just a personal
choice.  If I had had the money, I probably would have bought
Fanzilla b/c of the great reputation I hear it has.

My point I guess in all of this is this:  If you don't like
something, you don't have to buy it.  I choose to buy from all the
vendors because I like to spread the love and I would like to see
all of them stay in business, as I like what each one brings the
proverbial Delorean table. DMCH is leading the Delorean comeback by
producing new and reproduction parts.  John has great stuff for the
Delorean at a price you can't beat.  And Grady's service and
products are second to none, with almost 25 years in Delorean
service.

So in short, if you don't like what a vendor offers, you don't have
to buy from them and there are plenty of other vendors you have to
choose from.  I personally will continue to support all of them as
they have supported me.

Jack
VIN2728

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:59:57 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Shock absorbers

Does anyone know of a shock that I can get from say
Checker/Shucks/Kragen (CSK) or Autozone or BAP (I am not really
partial to any of them) that effectively replaces the stock struts (I
am looking for rear specifically, but prolly need front as well to
work out a front end shimmy at speeds in excess of 65mph)? I have seen
the setup on PJGrady, however I do have a difficult time paying the
price asked (yes it does have springs incl). I just want to find
something which are good (i've had good luck with MacPherson and
Monroe shocks/struts on other cars) that are siginifcantly cheaper. I
did see the stock struts from Delorean.com as $75 but am unclear as to
whether or not that is a piece or for a pair.

Thank you
Sean

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:09:15 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Front End shimmy

I made a post earlier about the suspension... I still have another
problem to solve.

I've been noticing that when I roll my car up on ramps, that my front
passenger side wheel (if the driver's side wheel is straight) seems to
be turned a little. While I am confident that my wheels are no longer
round and are out of balance, I am concerned about this. Is this
simply an alignment issue? or is this something different or is this
normal?

Additionally, while it may be the tires/balance causing this, I have a
pretty bad shimmy at 65+ MPH

What are your thoughts?

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: RE: Strange acceleration problem

I remember being in this position.  That "lack of
power, engine bogdown, engine miss" feeling when the
car was cold....totally sucks.

I tried everything - all new vacuum lines, 3 new CPRs,
fuel filter, pressure tested the fuel system, tuned
the car via dwellmeter, performed every
ground/electrical test on any ECU I could find,
tightened/cleaned the bulkhead connectors behind the
coil cover, tried 2 different coils, opted for an
entirely new ignition system....I offered to tell
everyone what my problem was that fixed it but no one
seemed interested.  Since there's a new interest in it
now, I'll tell everyone.  My problem was simply bad
spark plugs *shrugs*.  Don't ask how, but I replaced
them and boom - everything works great - almost.  I
still have a very minor engine miss when flooring the
car, but no where near as bad as with the old plugs.
My engine was missing so badly that my car was
stalling in traffic, misfiring in any gear with any
extra toy in the car on, miss when cold, warm, or hot,
accelerating from a dead stop, accelerating while
already driving down the road - it was horrific.  Now
it's extremely minor when full acceleration from a
dead stop - almost undetectable.

Casey and I have more ideas on where to go with this.
Firstly, I'm running Champion plugs, which are Ok -
but I've heard from some here they are not right for
the car and will fail quickly.  I didn't believe this,
but I'm starting to now =P.  I've got the correct
Bosch plugs ready now - HR6DC's.  Also, I'm going to
JB Weld that mixture screw hole soon; I toy with it
WAY too much.  I know my mixture is off again by my
own stupid toying with it, and my timing is off when
giving the engine throttle at I believe 3000rpms.  We
know why that is, last November while we were
replacing the exhaust manifolds, we took apart the
electrical distributor.  There was only one spring in
it so I gave Casey the go ahead to add another one.
The logic of having two springs based on just about
every other distributor known to the mechanic world
seemed just, so one was added.  Now, it's going to be
taken away - heh.  Live and learn.  There's a nice
picture of the insides of the electrical distributor
on John's website.  If that picture had only been on
the Net a year ago....oh well =P.

Soon, Casey and I are getting together and we're going
through the entire car's ignition system.  Once the
electrical distributor is taken care of, we're
checking all the old plugs and comparing them to the
new plugs, checking the plug wires for any "broken"
problems, and possibly taking all 6 injectors in jars
and making sure they're spraying correctly.  They are
under a year old, but new doesn't always necessarily
meaning "working"...

Fun fun fun.

Jeremiah

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:12:13 -0000
From: "o0shoryuken0o" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>
Subject: Minimum rotor thickness?

I just took my D to a mechanic for the mandatory state inspection so I
can get the vehicle registered, and it failed on a couple points.  One
was that the rotors are warped, and I'm not sure if I need to get new
ones or if the existing ones can be re-machined - does anyone know
what the minimum thickness should be?  I have my parts manual and shop
manual but all that tells me is what the diameter is.

Thanks in advance, everyone here has been so helpful.

Bill

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:16:56 -0500
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

There are two different weights in the distributor. One has extra metal spot
welded to it to make it heavier. Make sure you get the right spring on the
lighter weight only. I tried playing with a B27 distributor and drove with
it from Minnesota to Houston for the open house this summer. That
distributor has equal weights using two springs. An increase in torque was
noticable but the car felt slower. The engine didn't move up the RPM range
as quickly so I re-installed the stock distributor on my return home. I
called all over the Twin City area looking for someone that still has a
machine to measure the advance curve but couldn't find one. New cars
ignition advance is controlled by the computer and engine shops doing older
engines now buy distributors already set up from Mallory and others. I'm
guessing the single spring set up is unique to the DeLorean version of the
B28.

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:21:47 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Front End shimmy

It sounds like you need to go to a good front-end shop. Shimmy is
"usually" caused by worn parts and/or bad tires. Replacing the
worn/bad parts should correct the shimmy and straighten the wheels but
the alignment should be checked anyway. Checking the balance and the
wear on the tires should also be done. On one car that had a BAD
vibration in the steering wheel it was traced to a loose bolt on the
u-joint between the steering column and the rack. It could be any part
so you have to check ALL of the parts for wear, looseness, bent, etc.
It is possible a tow truck driver bent your lower control arm on one
side. Start with a thourgh visual examination on a lift or jackstands.
Check the tire pressures. Measure the tread on the tires in several
spots. Grease the front end. Do all the simple stuff first and see if
that helps. BTW the steering wheel should be centered when driving
straight ahead on a smooth, level road. If it is not that is an
indicator for the need for front end work (worn parts and/or a sloppy
alignment job). There should be NO play or looseness in the steering.
It is supposed to be very tight and responsive.

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:30:57 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Strange acceleration problem

Rob,

Thanks for the explanation.
Dē & 6530

<< : Re: Strange acceleration problem

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, doctorDHD_at_dml_a... wrote
Dave,

I thuoght I already had explaned it but here goes so read carefully!
When a B28 engine is cold is when it's thirstiest for fuel and the
Lamda (enrichment) curcuit is in a fixed rich mode. It therefore
calls for IMHO more fuel than a partially clogged fuel filter can
deliver in this short peak demand period. Does that make any sense?

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.
[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:37:13 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Shock absorbers

Those are stock Girlings from the inventory at $75/pair. Part number
100408.  Rears only available.
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=104&Qty=1&ShowCart=true
Warren at DMC

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:00:02 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Sometimes it is the "simple" stuff that gets you. For the rest of your
problems I suggest you check the coil and/or the ignition wires. That
could be why your plugs were fouled in the first place. Also make sure
the mechanical AND the vacuum adance are working. You really don't
need the second spring. Once you have all that running right check
your base timing and set the mixture.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_y...>

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:45:14 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: B28(0)F engine

Sorry for the confusion guys, it is a B280F; at first glance I thought
the tag read B28F. Block has the cross bolted mains and oil cooler,
heads/ intake ports are different, and the pistons are different
(relief cuts, pins aren't pressed into rods, no skirts, etc.). Very
little wear on this one so I think I'm going to rebuild with the EFI
and dump CIS. If I use B280 heads I can't go back to CIS so I may just
stick with the B28F heads with the injector ports. -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:14:22 -0000
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_m...>
wrote:

> [...]

I'm about an hour NE of memphis on I40 in Jackson and I know of at
least 2 D's here. Mine of course and there's one other. I think the other
is for sale but I haven't talked to the guy personally so I don't know any
specifics or know it's condition.

Chris
VIN#3209

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:26:09 -0000
From: "Qume Fox" <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

wrote:

>> Does anyone know of a shock that I can get from say
>> Checker/Shucks/Kragen (CSK) or Autozone or BAP (I am not really
>> partial to any of them) that effectively replaces the stock struts (I
>> am looking for rear specifically, but prolly need front as well to
>> work out a front end shimmy at speeds in excess of 65mph)? I have seen
>> the setup on PJGrady, however I do have a difficult time paying the
>> price asked (yes it does have springs incl). I just want to find
>> something which are good (i've had good luck with MacPherson and
>> Monroe shocks/struts on other cars) that are siginifcantly cheaper. I
>> did see the stock struts from Delorean.com as $75 but am unclear as to
>> whether or not that is a piece or for a pair.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Sean

The delorean doesn't have struts, just shocks all the way around. The rear
just have the spring mounting attached to the shock. Different shocks on
the front are no biggie, as they're relativly standard. If you want to use
different ones on the rear then about the only option is the shock adapters
on John Hervey's site that supports the springs and lets you bolt on normal
shocks.

Chris
VIN# 3209