Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2951
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:25 Oct 2005 22:28:21 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: the Launching Doors system zilla
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Halloween Foolishness: Is your D haunted?
From: "deloowner" <deloowner_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: distributor
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. Install Window Regulator
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>

5. Re: Zilla...They're the best & You get what you pay for.
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Transmission Leak
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. RE: Zilla...They're the best & You get what you pay for.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

8. RE: Install Window Regulator
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

9. RE: Wheel options
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

10. Re: Fast Cars and Beautiful Women
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: the Launching Doors system zilla

The "Zilla" launching doors system is very hard to put on the D because only the
prototype exists as of today.  ;-)  When/If it does come into production it will be
very easy, "plug & play".

The Wings-A-Loft integrated with the Zilla remote door lock unit is also easy to
install (http://tinyurl.com/9df8k). It's more like "snip/tap into, then plug &
play". If you can read, turn a screw driver and make wire connections with the
provided hardware you can install the kit. More options here:
http://tinyurl.com/9vfhp

It is very good. I like walking up to my car and having the door open without
touching the car. Very handy when your arms are full of stuff. I have the most
fun scaring/surprising people at car shows when they are reading the fact sheet &
the doors fly up with no one around but them.

Shannon Y
16506

----------------------------

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:51:01 -0000
From: "deloowner" <deloowner_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Halloween Foolishness: Is your D haunted?

There is so much history and shattered dreams around our cars that
they must have some sort of psychic energy...  I know for a fact that
Colin Chapman rides shotgun and says bad things about my mom.  Some
people blame getting locked inside on electrical problems but some of
us know better.

Any ghosts stories out there?

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:23:50 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: distributor

Or read about it in the next issue of Gullwing Magazine, due out in
the next couple of weeks.

Ron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> I think Daniel Fox recently completed a MegaSquirt conversion.  You
>> could check with him at az-d.org.
>>
>> Marv
>> #10820

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:35:04 -0000
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>
Subject: Install Window Regulator

Hi,
Well I got my "new" D home for the first time and the passenger window
is stuck in the down position. I ordered a new window regulator for it
and am looking for any hints or directions on how to change it out.

Can someone point me to a good set of instructions on how to do this?
After reading, it seems that this is a common problem so I am hoping
that someone has written this up in the past.

Thanks,

Rick 3290

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:21:39 EDT
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Zilla...They're the best & You get what you pay for.

When I order European car parts I specify where and from whom I
purchase....don't you?

Then again, I order bottles of compressed tire air from Belfast to  keep it
stock...recently I've began importing water from Belfast to add to the  coolant
system...just to keep it happy...

LOL,
Mike

Mike,  All the relays I have seen from Bosch are made in Germany. So what
your  saying is that when I order parts from the Bosch warehouse I need  to
specify what country. HUMMM, that's a new twist, I have never seen  anybody
in 30 + years in dealing in automotive where you can specify  country.
John Hervey

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:28:36 -0500
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Leak

Mine has been leaking for years, yet it has never dropped the fluid level!
It leaves a spot the size of a quarter every where, and you can smell it
burning when you stop
but when you check the levels it always shows full.
I guess that is holds so much that it will take a looooong time before it
makes a difference.
- VB

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:16:30 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

No, Bosch Made in Germany like I said is on every relay. If the started
coming from China then I would worry.

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:28:46 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Install Window Regulator

Rick, Complete & detail instructions come with our motors.

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:08:30 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Wheel options

Charles, I'm supposed to pick up a set of wheels tomorrow that are like new.
Were now in the wheel business. Fixem up and what ever. Take a look towards
the bottom of the page.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/frame-body.html

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:36:22 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Fast Cars and Beautiful Women

"Red" McComb owns car dealerships in San Antonio and owns the Minnesota
Vikings, or did.
I didn't watch the video.  Your stuff isn't work safe.
Warren at DMC