Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2957
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:29 Oct 2005 00:58:22 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: Misc questions
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

3. need wiring diagram
From: "heylacy" <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: Minimum rotor thickness?
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Misc questions

I used the same technique.  Almost scary how well it
works.  I Didn't even need to heat the hub. (Wife
didn't like me putting car parts in the fridge, but at
least I'm not powder coating in the oven!)

Steve

--- delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com wrote:

>> What I've done when a press isn't available is to
>> put the bearing in the
>> freezer for an hour and then warm, NOT OVERHEAT, the
>> hub with a propane
>> torch and quickly install the frozen bearing. Sounds
>> a bit hokey but it
>> works.
>>
>> Bruce Benson

>> tell a >lot (sometimes
>> the bearings fall to pieces when the rotor >is
>> removed).  Be prepared that
>> if you want to replace >the bearings, which isn't a
>> bad idea) they will need
>> to be >pressed into the hub carrier.  There are
>> several ways to >do this,
>> but removing the hub and taking to a press is

>> To address comments privately to the moderating
>> team, please address:
>> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>>
>> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for
>> sale see www.dmcnews.com

>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

>>     dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:35:34 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Resonable Insurance Rates

A few things...

Move out of NY;

Get older and/or married;

Try a collector car insurance company (Haggerty etc.) assuming you have
another car that is your daily driver.

Dave Swingle ($250/six months - old married guy)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dkazmark" <dkazmark_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Quick question for the group, I'm shopping now for a new D, had one
>> when i was 18 for a year but insurance killed me. Now I'm about to

hit

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:39:21 -0000
From: "heylacy" <heylacy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: need wiring diagram

Hi, While fixing drivers window motor I managed to pull all the wires
off the back of the mirror control. The diagram in the service manual
doesn't  match the mirror control pin layout. Would anyone have the
correct order or pic of which wires go on where? Thanks

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:08:32 -0700
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

On 10/27/05, dkazmark <dkazmark_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Quick question for the group, I'm shopping now for a new D, had one
>> when i was 18 for a year but insurance killed me. Now I'm about to hit
>> 25 and my company (Progressive Drive) qouted me as going from 120 a
>> month with just my wrangler to $380 with the Delorean! She didn't even

Find a new insurance agent and/or company.

I pay on the order of $70 a month for full coverage with low
deductables from State Farm - and that's high compared to most. You
can get collector coverage for a heck of a lot less, and some of the
restrictions aren't too bad. However, I use mine as a daily driver and
don't want restrictions so I pay a little more for "normal" insurance.

State Farm may not insure DeLoreans in your state. It really varies
from state to state. But somebody can get you good coverage for a fair
price. Apparently, Progressive is not one of them. Open the yellow
pages and call everyone in there one at a time until you find someone
reasonable.

--
- Ryan

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:20:33 -0500
From: "Robert Lingo" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Minimum rotor thickness?

I realize now how thin that is , lol.

I just had my rotors turned, well, just the front ones.  I just ordered some
shims because the squeal like heck now. Even with anti-squeal grease between
the calipers and pads. I was just trying to answer someone elses question
about the rotor thickness.  I just remember seeing the 7mm.

Thanks Rob...

Lingo #2034