Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2958
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:29 Oct 2005 23:22:54 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. RE: Re: Misc questions
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

2. DCS Magazine vol 2 issue 3
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: AC Question - 3 of them with a little surrounding information.
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

4. RE: Electrical diagnotic mystery ?
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. rise and fall of delorean
From: "allante932003" <allante932003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RE: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: "Cameron, Peter" <cameron_at_dml_bnl.gov>

7. RE: need wiring diagram
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

8. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

10. Fan Fail Module Fix?
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: tom kasmer <tkasmer_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. RE: Re: AC Question - 3 of them with a little surrounding information.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

13. Re: HELP DCS FUN STUFF
From: Bryan Pearce <bryanp_at_dml_pearce-design.com>

14. RE: need wiring diagram
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

15. Re: need wiring diagram (for power mirror switch)
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: HELP DCS FUN STUFF
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

17. DMA Holiday Party 2005 - Philadelphia PA
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

18. RE: Re: need wiring diagram (for power mirror switch)
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

19. Removing the upper speedo cable from the instrument cluster???
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Something is wrong
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>

21. Re: need wiring diagram (for power mirror switch)
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

22. LEDs for the Cigarette Lighter, Headlight and Hazard switches
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

23. Re: Resonable Insurance Rates
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:22:08 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Misc questions

Bruce, That's a great idea as well as sweating on the starter ring. Lot's of
folks don't think of sweating on parts. I also do that to get pistons out of
the caliper. Drop an ice cube into the piston after the caliper was heated
up.

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:41:16 -0400
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS Magazine vol 2 issue 3

Well this issue is about ready to roll.

The proof was approved earlier today and we will print them and bind them over the weekend so by next week Tues or Wed I will begin mailing them out to you all (with subscriptions of course).

Since we had soo much stuff to put in about Pheasant Run, A special article about Chicago complete with  DVD included, The DeLorean Museum, The Prototpe car, Tech articles, The DeLorean Transformer, Evansville show, the fall foliage tour and more.

We added 8 pages over the last issue so this is our biggest magazine yet.

If you have not signed up for a subscription or are planning on attending the show and want more information go to

www.deloreancarshow.com and order your magazine now.

The Raffle car is selling tickets well ahead of last years pace.  We will have more pics for the net soon.

We will begin registration for the show in about a week or so.

we are sending the information to Gary and he has moved us to a faster host site so you should have quicker response now plus we are continueing to add to the web page.

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:32:58 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: AC Question - 3 of them with a little surrounding information.

I also put Freeze 12 into VIN 4045, it works great, but you need to
stay on top of it.  Yes your compressor will fail if you don't.  If
you have a leak the the oil will not flow if you lose the
additives.  So maintain pressure, add Freeze12 as needed, and never
take the car to an AC shop.  If you replace all of the hoses, your
system will be empty anyway, and you can convert to pure R134.  And
your local AC shop will work on the car.

Bernie
VINs 4045 and 6704

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_c...> wrote:

>> I've heard this before,
>>      I can't prove it, though.  I've had Freeze-12 in my system

for

>> a few years now.  I know I have a slow leak, but I had it with R-

12

>> so I know it isn't caused by the Freeze-12.  So far everything

still

>> works just as it should.  I am, however, planning to totally go

over

>> my A/C system this winter so I won't have anymore leaks.
>>
>> Matt Olans
>> VIN 16816

an

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:24:39 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Electrical diagnotic mystery ?

Dennis, That is why sometimes relay's won't release. It only takes about 6
to 7 volts to energize a relay and 3 to 4 volts to release it.

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:51:57 -0000
From: "allante932003" <allante932003_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: rise and fall of delorean

Will any one who can please post the short film of the factory being b

uilt. i believe it's about 10-15mins. long thanks Dan Mullins Vin#3496

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:05:27 -0400
From: "Cameron, Peter" <cameron_at_dml_bnl.gov>
Subject: RE: Resonable Insurance Rates

Don,

Allstate insures me/my Delorean here on LI for ~$120/month, which seems reasonable to me for LI. I think Delorean originally collaborated with Allstate in the 'safe car' aspects of the design, don't know if that part of the history results in more favorable rates from Allstate. Probably not.
Email me offline if you want more info. petethepop_at_dml_aol.com

Pete Cameron

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:54:27 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: need wiring diagram

I have a new one here I can photograph, do you want door or plug.

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:40:12 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I live in NYC...got married just so I could save on insurance!! Just
kidding...I am married though, unfortunately there wasnt a newsgroup
to help me get out of that jam. Anyhow... whatever classic car
insurance company you chose will need you to have a daily driver that
is 10 years old or less!!!! for them to even think of covering you, so
keep this in mind when looking to buy any collectable car.
Harry #2696

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:42:00 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Unfortuanlty if you haven't had your drivers license for more then
10 years, the collecctors insurance companies may have a problem.
And I agree move out of NY (or register out of state), the insurance
rates (and pretty much everything else) in NY are outrageous.  I
went to college there and my car insurance for 1 car was over $900 a
year, back in 1981 and that was for a POS Mustang II.

Bernie

>> A few things...
>>
>> Move out of NY;
>>
>> Get older and/or married;
>>
>> Try a collector car insurance company (Haggerty etc.) assuming you

have

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:08:39 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Fan Fail Module Fix?

Has anyone come up with a good fix for the existing Fan Fail Module such as
that mentioned in the link below.  Has anyone had success with it?

Dē & 6530

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:19:10 -0700
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: RE: Fans - the final word

Martin/All

After looking at the pictures, it appears that  the Fan FAIL Module was an
appropriate named   :-)

http://www.delorean.co.uk/fanfail.html

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: tom kasmer <tkasmer_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I had Progressive. Their rates are 3 times Geico. I
now have Geico

--- Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

>> a new D, had one

>> Now I'm about to hit

>> going from 120 a

>> Delorean! She didn't even

[moderator snip]

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:26:08 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Yea, I know what you mean. The product that Napa sells I think is propane in
a can and is called Red Tek. I was by there today. That I would be careful
with.

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:00:02 -0500
From: Bryan Pearce <bryanp_at_dml_pearce-design.com>
Subject: Re: HELP DCS FUN STUFF

Ken,

I just found this post and was wondering if you have gotten much
content.  I am really good with media and would be glad to assemble
this material into a presentation if that would relieve some small
amount of stress for you.

Bryan

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:24:12 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

The wire connections are at the bottom of second page under reference
general.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/reference-materials-2.html

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:36:09 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: need wiring diagram (for power mirror switch)

Take a look at my Power Mirror Switch picture in the photo  album section.

_http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_1154320/Power+Mirror+Switch/Bottom+wiring.j
pg_
(http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_1154320/Power+Mirror+Switch/Bottom+wiring.jpg) ?

Dē & 6530

Message: 3

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:04:13 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

yes I need video help It is a major portion of the show and It is for me a
lot of work because I do not tend to collect this stuff so getting it is the
biggest problem

So YES
I need help

Ken

513-470-8337

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:12:25 -0400
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: DMA Holiday Party 2005 - Philadelphia PA

Delorean Mid-Atlantic Club is all set to host our 2005 Holiday party on
Dec.10th at Dave and Busters (formally Jillian's) at the Franklin Mills Mall
in Philadelphia, PA!

There will be food, Drink, games, (and for those of you with holiday "to do"
lists...shopping!)

The party will be on Sat. Dec 10th starting at 5:00, with dinner being
served at 6:00.  feel free to bring your Delorean, but It is not a
requirement for this event.  This event will be focusing more on the
owners/enthusiasts of the club and be more of a social event.

Make sure to mark your calendars!!!   More details and registration will be
available in the next day or two on our club website, so stay tuned!

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:08:14 -0500
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: need wiring diagram (for power mirror switch)

Dave, Down here we put them on a fence post, take 30" back and fire a 12 ga
shotgun and hope you don't miss.
That will fix it.

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 04:04:06 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Removing the upper speedo cable from the instrument cluster???

Anyone ever have this experience with a speedometer cable? Didn't
recieve any replies on the first post.

-Joe

 I bought a used instrument cluster to use for a possible indiglo
dash job to preserve my original cluster.

>> But the questions is that the used cluster I bought arrived with

the upper speedo cable still attached, it looks simple enough to
detach.

>> Just push the metal tab back, then slide off the cable & housing.

But the cable itself is froze in the back of the speedometer, the
housing just slides off leaving the cable hanging. I have pulled &
pulled, but do not want to break anything. I even soaked the cable
end in PB Blaster thinking it was somehow stuck from setting in there
for 25 years.

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:05:23 -0000
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Something is wrong

For some reason, my car will not turn over. I turn the key to the
"start" position and some of the lights on the contol panel go out,
and something in the fuse box area makes a clicking noise... The
starter is getting 0 power, so nothing else is happening except the
Idle Speed Controller comes on.   My battery is at 100% so I know that
isnt the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Freddie Wise (vin 16569)

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:31:55 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

The link I had in my post about the photos of the Power Mirror Switch
doesn't work.   This one seems to work for me.

http://tinyurl.com/866bz

Dē & 6530

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:23:06 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: LEDs for the Cigarette Lighter, Headlight and Hazard switches

FWIW:  I just installed the "#74 wedge base" type LED for the cigarette
lighter lamp and the #8 fuse blew.  After a closer look I found that if
the LED is installed 90 degrees from its proper position, that this
will cause the short circuit, because the wire leads of the bulb are
contacting both bulb connections.  I've heard that people have had
problems with LEDs in these ares but I did't read that they found the
solution.

BTW: The LEDS are available from superbrightleds.com....

Dē & 6530
Dave Delman

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:42:31 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Insurance wise.. through Geico, mine runs about $40/month. I have 3
cars, and still pay less than 300/mo

Sean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Cameron, Peter" <cameron_at_dml_b...>
wrote:

>> Don,
>>
>> Allstate insures me/my Delorean here on LI for ~$120/month, which

seems reasonable to me for LI. I think Delorean originally
collaborated with Allstate in the 'safe car' aspects of the design,
don't know if that part of the history results in more favorable
rates from Allstate. Probably not.

>> Email me offline if you want more info. petethepop_at_dml_a...
>>
>> Pete Cameron
>> vin 3579

[moderator snip]