Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2960
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:30 Oct 2005 21:06:34 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. New DMCH Headlight Switches Ready Yet???
From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

2. RE: "puddle" leak located just forward of my Delorean's right-rear tire
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: "puddle" leak located just forward of my Delorean's right-rear tire
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

4. Re: New DMCH Headlight Switches Ready Yet???
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Something is wrong
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>

6. Re: New DMCH Headlight Switches Ready Yet???
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:42:30 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: New DMCH Headlight Switches Ready Yet???

Hi all

Can anyone tell me when the new Headlight switches are going to be
ready....

My original one broke on me yesterday.

Alistair.

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:43:05 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: "puddle" leak located just forward of my Delorean's right-rear tire

It could be several things, so you'll need to figure this one out. Look at
it and see what color it is. What does it smell like? Is it watery, or oily?

Fluids present in that general area include coolant, engine oil, CV joint
grease, and trans fluid (ATF or  gear oil depending on whether you have a
manual or automatic.)

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:25:19 -0500
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

On Oct 30, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Joseph Kuchan wrote:

>> It could be several things, so you'll need to figure this one out.
>> Look at
>> it and see what color it is. What does it smell like? Is it watery, or
>> oily?

BTW, Here's a quick hint for identifying fluids on the floor:

It is often surprisingly difficult to tell one fluid color from another
when it is sitting on a concrete floor. If you are having this problem,
just take a white paper towel and soak up a bit of the fluid.  You will
find it much easier to ID the fluid by examining the towel, as opposed
to the floor.

--Pete Lucas

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:28:11 -0000
From: "Randal" <azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New DMCH Headlight Switches Ready Yet???

I had a long conversation with James this psat week about several
things and the headlight switch came up...  Look for them in and
around December ish.

Randal
5501
www.az-d.org

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o...>

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:49:49 -0000
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Something is wrong

I have a feeling it might be the RPM relay as you said... because the
car was turning over before it went dead, it just wouldnt start. The
pump seems to be in good condition but i have not checked it to make
sure yet. How cand I check the relay to make sure?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_c...> wrote:

>> I have the same problem occasionally, check the RPM relay.  Clean all
>> of your ground points, and the starter leads.  And clean the RPM relay
>> contacts.  Something is loose in the starting circuit.  But the RPM
>> relay, which also handles the fuel pump, could be the problem.  If you
>> don't hear it running, you either hav a really quiet pump, or the relay
>> isn't working right.  Also check your fuses.
>>
>> Bernie
>>
>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_d...> wrote:

[moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:26:24 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

The tooling process has begun - I'll post more updates as I get them.

James Espey
http://www.delorean.com
DMC (Texas)