Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2962
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:1 Nov 2005 04:03:17 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. How do I install . . .
From: Oliver Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>

2. Re: DeLorean died and will not restart
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Re: How do I install . . .
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

4. Re: DeLorean died and will not restart
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

5. Re: Transmission Lip Seals
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Delorean on Ebay
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Delorean on Ebay
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

8. Re: Used parts for sale
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

9. Happy Halloween
From: "Ontario DeLorean Owners Club" <ken_at_dml_odoc.ca>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:39:01 -0500
From: Oliver Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: How do I install . . .

I've checked the fuses and wiring.
Should the battery connect to the light in the big round orange thing?
-Part number b00-2-U.

(Jack-O-Lantern!)
Happy Halloween everyone!
Secure or cover your D's to avoid the eggs and toilet paper.
Oliver

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:50:33 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: DeLorean died and will not restart

It must be Karma. A customer's car did that to him last night too -
jammed fuel pump. Check if you can hear it running, and if it's not
something silly like the inertia switch or connections to it. I just
forwarded your mail to him so he could feel slightly less annoyed about it!

Martin

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:18:10 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: How do I install . . .

No, the Big Round Orange Thing (BROT) is usually an internal combustion
device.  Although, in recent years people have installed a 100v AC
light socket in the B.R.O.T creating the Big Round Orange Thing High
Energy Recepticle (BROTHER), with the advent of the new florescent
bulbs we now have the Brightly Illuminated Grin Big Round Orange Thing
High Energy Recepticle (BIG BROTHER).
I'll stop the off topic now :P

Matt Smith

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Oliver Holler <thehauntfactory_at_dml_a...>

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:30:44 -0800
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

Mine did the same thing and it was water in the fuel tank.

Phil Priestley
Alessandros Restaurant
http://alessandros120.com/
(503)370-9951
1(866)225-7985

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:55:06 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Lip Seals

DO NOT remove the big nut. The manual is WRONG you don't need to. The
o-ring under it rarely/never leaks. Just pry out the seal, like on
the other  side.

Tap the seals in place with a large socket.

You may recall last week Dani took the Big Nut loose and ended up
with gear whine until he got the setting right. Not a good thing.

Dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_b...>

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:33:05 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Delorean on Ebay

Hello... Do not know the car but it is fishy.  I noticed it yesterday  and
send a question mentioning that I had never seen a D with airbags,  etc.  I did
notice that the question box told me that I was sending it to a  non-english
speaking country.  Obviously I have not had a response.   Roy

In a message dated 10/31/2005 1:49:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com writes:

#06524  is up for auction this morning.  It's listed as having ABS,  Power
Seats, Dual airbags and Cruise Control...

Anyone know this  car?

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:12:08 -0500
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

Clearly a scam.  Report to eBay and send the seller some pointed
questions like "no such thing as dual-airbag DMC's, or ABS, or power
seats, etc.." and of course, the tried-and-true "I have someone in your
area ready to come and see the car in person" question...

I'm always amazed that scammers actually try to pull this garbage on
very specialized cars where the primary buyer would already know the
details & specs of said automobile...

- ed
1982 DMC-12 [11594]
1986.5 928S
1990 Coupe Quattro 20V

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:14:29 -0600
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Used parts for sale

I also have some parts to get out of the garage.
I put mine on ebay.
It's down to the exhaust manifolds and cross-over pipe.
No reserve, everything must go, all sales final.  :)

I've also got the '81 muffler that I didn't put on ebay, but it can go to a
good home. Not rusty, just not clean, and bulky to ship. Make an offer on
that baby.

(I'm keeping my alternator... I'm going to make a small generator out of a
broken-edger engine. Should be able to power a fridge and some lights during
an outage).

-Kevin
Houston

--
-Kevin

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:20:13 -0500
From: "Ontario DeLorean Owners Club" <ken_at_dml_odoc.ca>
Subject: Happy Halloween

Uploaded some of my pumpkin pictures in the HALLOWEEN folder in images.

Or

www.odoc.ca <http://www.odoc.ca/>

enjoy!

Happy Halloween!