Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2971
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:7 Nov 2005 02:34:28 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: DeLorean for sale in Hamden CT
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. BTTF pinball machine
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>

3. Re: DeLorean for sale in Hamden CT
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

4. Re: Re: Anyone out there with a BAE turbo installed?
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. lambda warning
From: "sfdelorean" <sfdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RE: BTTF pinball machine
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. would like tech advice
From: "sfdelorean" <sfdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: DeLorean for sale in Hamden CT
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. I joined the engine pulling club
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

11. BAE Installation instructions uploaded to files area
From: "joekuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Holy Crap I am Top Of The Vin List!!!!
From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

13. Re: I joined the engine pulling club
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

14. I joined the engine pulling club (encore)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:32:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean for sale in Hamden CT

I can't believe that your friend let this dealer take the camera away from him. No car dealer is going to take my camera away from me if I have on me while in his showroom.

 I presume the car was displayed in a public area and your friend was in a public viewing area when he took the picture.

 I would have simply turned around and walked out. There's nothing the dealer or the cops could do legally about it.

f14dflyer <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net> wrote:
The car sold. I don't know who to, though I'd be curious to know if it was anyone here on the
list. I must say though that - in retrospect - I'm glad no one responded to my offer to
inspect the car. Two friends and I (they'd never seen a DeLorean in person before) stopped by
the dealership just to take a quick look (they didn't touch the car. In fact, one of them kept
his hands in his pockets the whole time) and we got chased out by the owner. He was REALLY
mad because my other friend took a picture. He launched into an obscenity laced and LOUD
tirade and even threatened to call the cops on us, then actually took the camera away from
my friend so he could delete the picture. I couldn't believe it.

So, if someone here did buy it, I'd be warry of the guy when you go to pick it up. And if he
tells you about the incident, you'll already know my side.

Asking

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:37:35 -0600
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>
Subject: BTTF pinball machine

It's not mine, but if anyone is looking for a BTTF pinball machine, I
ran across an ad for one for sale in WI.  Asking price: $1400.
Here's the post:
http://tinyurl.com/86zsd

As one would expect, it does feature DeLoreans in the artwork.
Here's what one of these looks like:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=126

Travis Graham

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:46:18 -0000
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean for sale in Hamden CT

Well, at the risk of taking this thread too far off topic....

We were trying our damndest to just leave. this guy pressed the attack regardless. Friend
#1 must have said "I'm sorry, we're leaving" about 8 times. I was the first to get back to my
car and had started the engine for a quick getaway. It turns out that friend #2 voluntarily
deleted the picture in an attempt to defuse the guy's temper, and then let him see the
camera to show him that the picture was gone. From where I was sitting, it looked like the
dealer had taken the camera and deleted it himself.

Whatever. It's done. I'm not going back there ever again. Hopefully this guy doesn't get his
hands on any more DeLoreans, but if he does, I say steer clear of him.

-Dave Jong

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:41:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Anyone out there with a BAE turbo installed?

is your O2 sensor connected to the original wiring under the rear wheel driver side fender?

pls let me know ... thank you.

tito

Eric <hollywood2311_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:
1. Can't say. Once the modifications were done to this car, the O2
sensor was eliminated.

2. I just checked, and didn't see any loose wires

3. Other modifications include: intercooler, forged pistons,
exhaust, fuel distributor, oil cooler, Delco alternator...a few other
small modifications.

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:45:36 -0000
From: "sfdelorean" <sfdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: lambda warning

Have just stated a 1982 for the first time since 1992. New fuel pump
cleaned tank, ran sea foam thru system, then replaced fuel
distributor, injectors and warm up regulator that had 3000 miles since
rebuild.  Car will start but lambda warning light comes on and RPM's
are limited and car appears to loose power and not idle up after a few
hundred yards. Help!

Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 22:02:48 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: BTTF pinball machine

I actually own one of these, and it is a really cool.
The price is about right if it is in really god condition.
I have the original brochure and detailed photos on my
http://www.bttfstuff.com website.
You will notice that "Marty" does not really look like MJF because of some
sort of a dispute
he had with them, he would not allow his likeness and voice to be used on
the game
however Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson are all over it, as well as music
from Huey Lewis and ZZTopp.
- VB

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:54:21 -0000
From: "sfdelorean" <sfdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: would like tech advice

Have several issues with a Delorean in Lakeview NC. As I am a slow
typist would like to speak with someone in Ref. Lambda Light etc. Will
call or I am at 910-797-3532. Thanks Jim

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:24:34 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

***Moderator's Note:*** Okie Dokie, I'm sure most of us agree that this dealer fellow was out of control. Let's pass anymore comments on the situation offline and keep things topical.  :-)

If I didn't live so far away I would make sure to go to the car lot
with my video camera just to provoke the old man.

Amazing the nerve of some people. Why would anyone get upset over
another person taking a picture of a car at a car lot??

Makes no sense at all. I would have not allowed the man to touch my
camera, someone would have gotten hurt before that happened.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:08:24 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: I joined the engine pulling club

Hey Group,

This weekend was a complete success for VIN 11596.  The operation? The  goal
of removing the engine and transmission, separating the transmission, and
mounting the engine on an engine stand beginning at 11:30 AM Saturday and
finishing no later then 10am Sunday.  And yes, we got 8 hours of sleep in  too!

My next project is to remove the exhaust manifolds and replace the studs  and
gaskets.  After that I plan on replacing the front main crank seal and  bead
blasting and painting the timing cover.  Then I will remove the oil  pan and
replace the gasket and inspect the pump, screen, and other lower  crankcase
parts.  Next I will clean the engine and spray paint it and  reinstall the
manifolds which will be high-temp coated unless I decide to  totally replace the
exhaust system.  Finally I will replace the heater  valve and do some tidying up
on the back of the engine.

As for the transmission, I only need to replace the axle seals and clean  and
paint the transmission and powdercoat the tranny mounts.

Many thanks go out to Jim Reeve who came 250 miles to help me (it was a
learning experience for him too!).  Jim handled much of the logistics of  the
project while I was the muscles and tool expert.  Also many thanks to  Dave
Swingle, who provided us some late night technical support which was right  on the
money and got us through a couple of snags we had little experience  in.

Later today or tomorrow I plan on doing a step-by-step write up of the  whole
ordeal while it is still fresh in my memory and I will post to the  DML.
Hopefully others can learn that it's not really that tough to pull  the engine
out as long as you have good tools and some instructions!!

This week also marks my 5th year of DeLorean ownership.  How do I know  that
I am becoming a DeLorean expert?  This was the biggest project I have  ever
undertaken - and I didn't have to go buy more tools to complete  it!!!!!!!

Andy Lien
Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 12:36:15 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers

Thank you to all for the replies.

>> Motor News. Most importantly, build a relationship with your agent. Take
>> the car to their office. Offer them and their staff rides. Let them know
>> when
>> you have made an improvement to the car. Don't be a stranger.
>> If something happens, you are a person who is proud of their car and not
>> just a policy number.

Here's the problem I've found - and maybe this is isolated to State Farm,
but I'm betting it's not.

I am relatively close with my agent. I've been with them for over a decade,
my folks have been with them for over twice that long. They know me by my
first name when I walk in the door. Unfortunately, their hands are
completely tied when you have a claim - or so they say.

Other than a towing incident here and there, the only claim I've ever had
was a totalled Fiero (not my fault, there's a long story, suffice it to say
my insurance had to pay for it anyway). I was sent to a claims department
and treated like dirt. I was offered less than a grand; high book was over
$4,000 and I had recent (just a couple of months old) high quality pictures
all around the car, receipts of work, etc. The car had a lot of custom work
(I had receipts) including a 3.1l engine transplant (replaced the stock 2.8),
etc. It was going to cost me $4,000-$5,000 to replace.

I realized getting replacement value was a losing battle. So I dropped my
"demands" to $3,500. They wouldn't budge. I printed out over 50 ads for
similar vehicles that showed asking prices between $4,000 and $8,000 for
comparible veihcles. They said "Those don't count because they're only
asking prices, not selling prices." (How do you get selling prices on older,
custom vehicles that are almost exclusively traded between private
parties?!). I called my agent. I begged them to intervene. They were very
nice to me but I was told there was nothing they could do, they were just
the agent, claims had all the power.

I dragged this out for a long time. I started nice, but firm. As the weeks
went on, I became even more firm. Then I became irate. Then mean. Then I
threatened legal action. I was able to talk them up to somewhere around
$3,000. Legal action would have been unprofitable and I had to settle.

If, God forbid, something happened to my DeLorean, I know they'd play the
same game. They'd offer me $5k and generally jerk me up one side and down
the other. And I know that all insurance companies are going to pull the
same crap, because that's how they remain profitable. A stated or agreed
upon value is the only way we can guarantee fair treatment. Unfortunately,
at least in this area, I can't seem to get that in a "regular" insurance
policy...

--
- Ryan

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:07:26 -0000
From: "joekuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: BAE Installation instructions uploaded to files area

Since there have been several requests recently for BAE turbo
installation information I uploaded the BAE installtion manual to the
files area. It is in the folder titled "BAE Turbo".

Regards,
joe Kuchan

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:26:36 -0000
From: "alistairmccann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Holy Crap I am Top Of The Vin List!!!!

Hi everyone

Just had a quick nosey at the vin list on the DMCNews site and my car
is top!!!!

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf

The second best day of my life. Sorry third - Birth of son, getting
delorean and now top of vin list.

My son is called Zachary by the way and he is 3 months old, and my
girlfriend still doesnt know who he is named after........God help me
if she ever finds out!

Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland.

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:11:18 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: Re: I joined the engine pulling club

Welcome to the club! Did ya take any pictures? Did you leave your
facia on or remove it?
good luck your operation
seanM

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:48:05 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: I joined the engine pulling club (encore)

Coincidentally I pulled an engine out of a D today as well

We are going to fix a leaky head gasket.

We left the fascia and rear end on

and will leave it on when we put it back together

Looks like I was in good company

It was Richards car and we did it a little bit at a time as it started out
as a catalytic converter change out.
Then found broken and missing studs in the intake manifold plus leaks
Then found water in the oil so
Engine is out.