Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2980
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:13 Nov 2005 21:28:51 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Yahoo Email Bouncing
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. won't go in reverse
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Mode Switch Removal Method
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?
From: George DeLorean <phantomoftheopera_gk_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: SUNSHADE,LOUVRE broken
From: "jrc2905" <jrc2905_at_dml_aol.com>

6. ERRR!!! Hot Start!!!
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:57:46 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yahoo Email Bouncing

On 11/12/05, Gary Hull <Specialty_at_dml_in2time.com> wrote:

>> This is just a generic answer, but generally an email server's IP address is
>> what gets blocked, and everyone using it is therefore blocked. This can
>> happen because someone at rit.edu is deemed to be spamming, or because the
>> rit.edu server has been used to relay spam.

That's right. Most likely rit.edu has not been playing nice with the
rest of the world's email servers. Your school needs to hire some
computer geeks who know how to secure their mail servers.

What can you do about it? Take the headers & information to whomever
manages your computer's networks & servers. They will need to figure
out what idiot goofed up and allowed a mail server to be compromised.
Then they'll need to fix the problem, then whine, beg and plead to be
taken off Spamhaus' blackhole list.

--
- Ryan

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:40:25 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: won't go in reverse

I just had my DeLorean out, and I had this clinging sound everytime i
would stop and shift down. then I got home and tried to put it in
reverse. I know the clutch and and flywheel maybe bad, but could it be
internal?

Thanks
Darryl

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:25:40 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Mode Switch Removal Method

Group,

I've searched the archives at dmcnews about removing the mode switch from center dash
board for repair.  According to parts drawing Section 7, sub 3, group 0, the mode switch is
behind part 40 "RDO VENT & SW MT PLT".   It looks like there are differing opinions on
whether the center console has to be removed or not to access the mode switch.  Which
one is  correct?

So far, I've managed to remove the control knobs, indication lights, and AC facia (part 35),
but I am not sure what to do next.

Problem sympton: No heat from vents and the windshield vents doesn't have any air
output.

Your help is appreciated.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:17:25 -0800 (PST)
From: George DeLorean <phantomoftheopera_gk_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?

My words aren't really definitions, but I at least
thought of a way to shorten the terms. :P  George D.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:41:37 -0000
From: "jrc2905" <jrc2905_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: SUNSHADE,LOUVRE broken

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_y...> wrote:

>> When I purchase my D this summer, the Sunshade louver was broken, and
>> had a patch job hold the louver together with some epoxy.  It has 2
>> clean breaks; 1 in the center and 1 on the left side. Has anyone made
>> repairs to the louvre with any success? If so, how did you do it.  I
>> have thought of JB Weld, and some grinding and repaint.  Any
>> suggestions would be great.
>>
>> Terry
>> 1982 Vin 11572

I just repaired a crack in mine and eliminated the holes from a rear
light that had been there. I sanded it down and used fiberglass mat and
resin. It needs to be done with fiberglass for strength, and then the
lovers need repainting. I used bumper paint, and now it looks like new.

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 02:33:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ERRR!!! Hot Start!!!

OK....PLEASE ADVISE...I replaced the fuel
accumulator(that was fun) only to still have a hot
start problem, so I replaced the O rings on the
pressure regulator and guess what? I still have a hot
start problem. ERRRR!!! Starts right up on the 1st try
cold. Has anyone had this problem? I had a 72 Chevelle
that had a similar problem, it would start right up
cold but would not start after it got hot, the problem
was the starter. Could that be the problem here??
Thanks in advance for any solutions you may have.

Joey

http://farechase.yahoo.com