Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2982
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:15 Nov 2005 02:28:27 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Water pump pulley. Or, how do I get the _at_dml_^#$^% thing off.
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. auto trans computer governor repair?
From: "realrealgone" <realrealgone_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:39:23 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Water pump pulley. Or, how do I get the _at_dml_^#$^% thing off.

Matt,

Heat the pulley near the shaft with a torch or a VERY hot heat gun.
the aluminum pulley will expand around the shaft area and vertually
fall off. just be sure to keep the heat consentrated on the pulley
center and keep moving it around the shaft. Once it is off, just let
it cool down and you will be ready to press it on the new pump. It
also helps if you have a helper hold the pump by the pulley edges
with a couple pairs of pliers while heating it. As it heats up the
water pump should drop out the bottom.

The other alternative is to just buy a new pump assembly w/ a new
pretty Gold pulley and be done with it.

Dennis

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_j...> wrote:

>> Hello all.
>>   What it the correct procedure for removing the water pump

pulley?  I

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:02:09 -0000
From: "realrealgone" <realrealgone_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: auto trans computer governor repair?

anyone know how to repair one of these things? im good with a
soldering iron and know my way around circuit boards. any help with be
apperciated.

-Jc