Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2986
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:17 Nov 2005 00:28:21 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. RE: Emissions
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. DMA Holiday Party - Reminder
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

5. Re: Emissions
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

6. Special T Auto
From: "jrc2905" <jrc2905_at_dml_aol.com>

7. Relay replacement amp size??
From: "Charlesdos Mavor" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: factory radio or aftermarket?
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Special T Auto
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. RE: Special T Auto
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:32:58 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Emissions

When was your lambda probe (O2 sensor) last changed?
How good are your ignition wires, cap, and rotor?
How is the car running in general? Any driveabilty issues you've noted?

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:25:10 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

I like that sound sample.  I've played it for a few people who are into
cars and they say, "do it!"  I'm saving up right now.

Now, about the routing of the pipes.  How is it on the passenger side
with the oil filter and all there?

I don't think it sound "ricey."  I think it has a very nice,
almost "musclely" sound.

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:33:53 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.

A fact you did not mention is if your car is a 5-speed or an
automatic. This could be a big part of the solution. If it is an
automatic it could be a malfunctioning shift computer. If it is a
5-speed it could be your shifting technique.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> Aloha everyone,
>> My Delorean does something that is a minor annoyance to my

passenger.  When

>> the car is traveling under 30mph and I let off the gas the car kind

of lags

>> or "slows down to fast".  It kind of feels like i tapped the brakes

a bit

>> but I DID NOT.  It doesnt bother me because I have a hold of the

wheel and

>> know when its coming but my wife isn't a big fan.  Is this a

delorean thing

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:56:58 -0500
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>
Subject: DMA Holiday Party - Reminder

Just a reminder that there are only 9 days left to secure a room at the
hotel at the discounted rate of $89/night for the DMA Holiday Party.
Reservations for the hotel must be made by 11/25 and reservations for the
party must be in by Nov.30th. Itís only $30 per person and that includes
dinner, unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, desert, tax & tip. The party is in
Philly at Dave & Busterís Grand Sports Cafť in Franklin Mills Mall. We have
reserved a private room for this party and itís going to be the biggest
winter event yet for the club!

To register, go to  www.DeLoreanMidAtlantic.com
You must be a DMA member to attend this event.
Membership is only $15/yr. and the benefits more than pay for the membership
fee. You can register for membership on the DMA website too!

If you have any questions, send me an e-mail at

events(AT)deloreanmiatlantic.com.

Thanks, and see you at the party!

---Evil Dan
Activities Director

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:42:42 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Generally if you fail an emmisions test the thing to do is just do a
regular tune-up. Of course this varies from car-to-car. On a Delorean
I would recomend replacing the following:
Spark Plugs
Ignition wires
Distributer Cap and rotor
Air filter
Fuel filter
O2 sensor

Also you should include cleaning and testing the fuel injectors and
finding and fixing any vacuum leaks. Depending on the mileage possibly
checking and adjusting the valves. You really don't have to mess with
the mixture adjustment (it could need a minor tweak) but if you passed
before then replacing these parts should get you to pass again. Use
fresh fuel when going for the test and make sure the car is completely
warmed up.
In doing the tune-up you will most likely replace the worn/defective part.

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:48:40 -0000
From: "jrc2905" <jrc2905_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Special T Auto

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Special T Auto, I placed and
order but have been unable to contact John to check it's status?

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:50:03 -0000
From: "Charlesdos Mavor" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Relay replacement amp size??

Will the 20/30 relays work or do you need 40amp?

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:28:09 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: factory radio or aftermarket?

Hey VB!

Thanks for the reply. Don't know if you recall, but we sat at the same
table at the DMCH Open House dinner. You were a blast.

Anyway, yes, I agree that my Craig stereo sucks. It almost sucks as
much as the original speakers, lol! Unfortunately, I happen to be a
bit of a nostalgic type, so there is a part of me that would like to
keep it in place if DMCL indeed did put it there. At this point both
Don Steger and James Espey have told me that neither of them have ever
seen this particular Craig with the Craig logo on the head unit and on
the faceplate in a DeLorean before. I can't see why an owner would put
that particular stereo in the car, and not a much better one, yet I'm
having trouble finding evidence that someone associated with DMC put
it in there. I do have a KAPAC car by the way.

Even if I take your advice, which I am considering, and replace the
sound system with something modern, I want to know if this Craig
should go into storage because it's important, or in the trash where
it would otherwise belong.

Dan W.
VIN 16192

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> They did a lot of weird stuff on the 83's, if it was a KAPAC car you

never

>> know.
>> This may have been the latest upgrade of the Craig stereo available

on the

>> retail market, and since it was close to the original they put it in

there,

>> maybe because they were out of ASI radios,
>> or maybe a previous owner found that radio and put it in as a

replacement or

>> to make it look more original. Either way it is crap - pull it out

and put

>> in a decent CD/MP3 player!
>> Cassettes, and cassette adapter suck.
>> Your only other hope would be to run a RF modulator through the

antenna and

>> then you
>> could tap into it that way...but then you still have a low wattage old
>> crackly radio.
>> I held on to my original for a long time, when I finally replaced it

with a

>> decent Sony
>> head unit (with 10 gig hard drive, MP3 player, etc) I have been a much
>> happier guy.
>> Simply save your faceplate and radio and stuff it in the garage, and

buy a

>> pre-cut
>> plate from DMCH for a DIN radio and install it.
>>
>> You can also get a harness adapter that will allow you to simply

plug into

>> the harness
>> with out doing ANY cutting to  your harness what so ever.
>> I sell them on my site - http://www.dfwdmc.com
>> You will want to run new speaker wires to the NEW speakers you will

want to

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:59:56 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Special T Auto

I talked to John a few days ago from a hospital in Dallas.  He said he
was in for pneumonia.  Supposedly orders would be taken care of by his
wife and help.  I have not been able to contact him since.  I'll keep
you posted if I get any more info.

Ron
gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:09:05 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

I know that John was out of town for some time - I found a notice on his
website when I placed an order.  By the way, my order just arrived 5
minutes ago,  so you may find a package from him very soon.

Tom