Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2988
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:18 Nov 2005 01:04:39 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>

2. Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

3. Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:28:09 -0000
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.

Hi Alex,

Being that I am new to a manual car, and only had about 2 hours of
experience driving before getting in my D and completing the 4 hour
trip home, I think I have a good understanding of what you mean. When
driving to work there is one street that has stop and go traffic, and
when in second around 25mph I sometimes let off the gas quick and the
car feels like its breaking. From how I understand a manual
transmission, it basically is. When your at the upper range of a gear
and let off the gas, since the gas pedal is tied exactly to engine
speed and rotation, you are cutting the power to the car. In essence
this would be the same if you were slowing down and downshifting. The
car does the slowing for you. If you hop into 3rd earlier, the car
will not give your wife a jolt when you let off the gas at 25mph.
Although I have found if you let off the pedal gradually in second
around 20-25mph, you cut that jolt feeling to where it is barely
noticeable. Or as others have stated, just pop the car into neutral
and coast. Its all up to you, eventually you will get a good feel for
the car and find your own way to drive it. Best of luck!

-Derek #10084

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "alex morgan" <mauibarber_at_dml_h...> wrote:

>> Sorry, its a 5-speed.  Is it possible I am not the ace driver I

think I am?

>> My wife said it was probably my driving technique as well but I

needed David

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:14:43 -0600
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Can we ALL come to a correct definition of these DeLorean terms?

As Dave says this will probably be tossed around forever but I can tell you what the various cars would have been called  when I worked for Ford. Proto1 and the destroyed Proto2 would be concept cars. The sliding window car or cars with interior trim differences would be prototypes and the early pre-production vin numbers would be pilot cars. The Fiat would be just what Dave called it, a test mule.

Bruce Benson

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:17:43 -0600
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

I had a custom polished staineless muffler made a few .years back. It proved too loud and I looked for some way to modify it. Summit Racing sells inserts for unmuffled headers from a couple of manufacturers that offer no restriction in flow but soften the sound. I welded a pair of these, one in each tail pipe where they exited the muffler and the sound is toned down to an acceptable level and yet has a performance note.

 Bruce Benson