Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2992
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:21 Nov 2005 15:32:40 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. RE: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: DMC Movie
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Mystery Oil
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>

4. Re: Mystery Oil
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Belfast worker
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

7. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

8. Re: DMC Movie
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

9. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

10. Re: Mystery Oil
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

11. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

12. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

13. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

14. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

15. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

17. John Hervey is back
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

18. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

19. Special T Auto
From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_gmail.com>

20. Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

21. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>

22. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Mystery Oil
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

24. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. The Bucking D....
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:01:48 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: IRS selling delorean at auction

I am nearby this auction as it in Fort Worth.
I could go and inspect and photo the car for anyone interested.
- VB

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:15:40 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Movie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:
But, maybe one day someone will

>> do a feature length movie, "Delorean", get a few big stars for it,
>> would be a great story.  Rising star GM exec, leaves to start new
>> car company in Northern Ireland, the drug arrest and acquittal,

the

>> Back to the Future movies, and recent death.

With all the talk of this recently, and having just re read "Hard
Driving" and "Grand Delusions," I think most of us will be
dissatisfied with any upcoming movie in one way or another.  Having
given it a little thought, I think the best approach to a Delorean
Movie would be from a dual perspective.  One, from that of a Belfast
worker, and secondly, from a respected former DMC exec.

The reason why I think the perspective of a Belfast worker would be
best is based on my personal reaction to the German Fansite Clip of
the workers.  As the music starts in with the bare frame on the
carrier, it conveys the dignity that many hoped to gain by making
this machine.  Seeing their dedication as they jumped the gates and
fighting for their jobs was extremely compelling.  Contrasting this
with the wheeling and dealing in the NY Headquarters and around the
world would give an interesting counterpart to the story.  As
fascinating and flawed as John was, I'd prefer the story of DMC.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:16:10 -0000
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>
Subject: Mystery Oil

Hi,
After getting my D back from having all the gaskets and seals changed
out, my mechanic suggested that I should add one half pint of Marvel
Mystery Oil to the gas after every four tank fills. He says that it
puts a protective film one some of the metal parts of the throttle
that are exposed to gasoline which keeps the gas from eating away at
it.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thanks,

Rick 3290

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:32:55 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Mystery Oil

Since fuel goes nowhere near the throttles, sounds dubious to me. These
engines are pretty hardy as long as you stick to the service intervals.
The fuel system is mostly harmed by lack of use.

Martin

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:48:20 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Belfast worker

Well if that is the perspective you want the DCS show has included a worker
from Belfast at the last two shows and we have guests coming to this show also
 that worked in Belfast

We are working to get Jim Prentice to the show again as most of you enjoyed
him at the last show. His insight into the production of the car was unique
and  for those at Memphis and who subscribe the the DCS George Crane has added a
lot  to the perspective of what it took to work at the plant

See you in Chicago

Ken
DeLorean Car Show
_www.deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.deloreancarshow.com)

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:22:02 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_y...> wrote:
<SNIP>

>>   Those of you lucky enough like me to own one of these classics
>> should bend over backwards to restore and or preserve them.
>>   The Marque has earned its place in history and as a prized possesion.
>> It is my opinion that their value will increase to favorable
>> proportions in the near future, and mind you I did not buy this car as
>> an investment.
>>  These cars are quite rare and people do notice them dont sell them
>> short, are they 170 mph supercars? no but they are supercars none the
>> less. They absolutely fit the bill.
>>   Snatch them up while you can...theyre gonna become out of reach soon
>> enough.
>> Harry Vin #2696

There is something there that you've really touched upon, that until
now, I never could really put my finger on.

Tthe values of DeLoreans have already increased a great deal. More
than many others could imagined, or others cars already have.

Someone works hard all their life, and they want to treat themselves
to the good things. So, they buy those luxuries they wish to enjoy.
Sometimes people are so proud of themselves and their accomplishments
in life, that they want to display those accomplishments. And that's
absolutely fine. For someone to proudly talk about how high of a price
they paid for a vehicle is alright with me. It's what they're proud
of, and I won't try and take that away from them.

Over the years, I've learned allot about DeLoreans, and about myself
along the way. One of the things that I've learned is that I have my
dream car. There is no choice of words I can write, no glowing
conversation that I can have with any of you in person to express this
feeling enough. I've made it. I have what is to me the perfect car.
This IS lightning in a bottle. The ergonomics of the interior, the
lines, the silhouette of the car in the dark, the attention that I
get, and that feeling I experience when I drive it because it just all
comes together so perfectly. It never gets old. Evertime I turn that
key, it's like I'm behind the wheel of a brand-new car that I've
justed picked up. I'm just as excited to drive it, and just as eager
to show it off to the world!

Some flaunt the price of the car that they drive. They enjoy that
feeling of showing others that they have the means to attian such
things. Some choose cars with long standing heritage, as a way to
somehow connect with that legacy. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday".
Driving a car that is a proven winner on the track, will show everyone
on the street that you're a proven winner behind the wheel too. You
get to share that feeling, and show it to others too.

Me, I drive my car, and I'm just a guilty of showing it off. And what
I brag about is having the perfect car for me. I just love my car. It
has fufilled everything I've ever needed it for. I have my dream car.
I have a daily driver. I have NO car note. I have that unique car that
tells the world just how different from everyone else I am. And most
of all, the thing that truely makes my car so valuable is that I am
blissfully happy with it.

I'm not a Ferarri owner, I'm not a Corvette owner, I'm not a
Lamborghini owner, I'm not an owner of any other car out there. And
that's alright. What makes my car so special is that it's so coveted
by me. Those other cars hold no value to me, not because they don't
meet some monetary value, not because they don't possess the pedigree
I desire in a car. I just don't want them. That's what makes my car so
much more valuable.

I flaunt off to other people how much more I love my car, than they do
theirs. Whatever kind of car that may be. It's not that they couldn't
afford, or even find someone to sell them a DeLorean. What I brag on
is that special feeling I have about owning my car, that no one else
could get with that very same car. Now if some say essentially saying,
"Hey, I've got more money than you, and can prove it." is the same
thing as "Hey, I've experienced a certain type of happiness with
owning my my car, that you still couldn't afford with all your money."
is the same thing, then I guess I'm just as pretentious as those
people who are willing to pay $70K+ for a car like it.

The reason that I share this is because I've had a chance to meet more
DeLorean people this year, than I did in the previous years before.
Mainly because I honestly have felt that the waters have become much
warmer to socialize in, than when I first bought my car. And the one
thing that I have noticed is that no matter who I have run into to, no
matter how long you've owned your cars, no matter what part of the
country you come from, all of you brag on the same thing. Your
experiences with your cars. No matter what you talk about in your
conversations, it almost ALWAYS ties in somehow with the ownership
experience. All of you will brag more on your pride and happiness with
your cars, than the actual cars themselves as an object. Which is
something that I have not found with owners of other marquees.

I agree, the values of DeLoreans will go up, and they will become
more, and more scarce. And it's because fewer and fewer owners are
willing to part with them nowadays...

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:41:38 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

VB,

This IRS auction is for a bunch of cars including:

1981 Delorean VIN SCEDT26TXD006413 - Odometer 34,222
1974 Mercedes 450SL VIN 10704412020627 - Odometer 155,341
1953 Bentley VIN 8466TN - Odometer 42,067

1920 Hupmobile VIN R81843 - Odometer 235,999
1926 Ford CP, VIN 13539851 - Odometer reading - 94,741
1931 Ford Model A Victoria VIN A4301447 - Odometer 017,675

1964 Corvair VIN 40967X282743 - Odometer 49,337
1960 Metropolitan VIN 82214 - Odometer 64,004
1960 Metropolitan VIN E74412 - Odometer 02,283
yr unk Frazier/Nash Kit car TX Llic# BEZO1T Odometer 78,567

1959 Fiat Bianchina VIN 110089404 - Odometer 38,618
1970 Opel GT VIN 942181946 - Odometer 89,708
1971 Honda VIN AN6001039794 - Odometer 51,973
1970 Subaru VIN K111L10256 - Odometer 21,055

Minimum bid $16,155.20.   What a strange minimum bid!

Who did they do a tax raid on?   This person had some eclectic cars,
probably why the IRS thought he had money!
I would bet that all of these need restoration. or the IRS would have
sold them individually.

Bob

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:48:47 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

My thought is I'd rather see a regular type movie than a documentary
type movie.  Most of us in the Delorean community know the history
and story, and may want something different.  But that's not true
for the other 99.999% of the population, who may know parts of the
story, but alot of times get it wrong anyway.  How many times have
you heard "those cars have GM engines in them" said with authority
at a party when the topic comes up.  It really could work as a major
motion picture.  Big corporate politics, drugs, high profile trial,
the coolness of the car, movie trilogy, just alot to it.  And based
on true events that many people may remember on some level.  Throw
in some skin here and there, and it becomes an Oscar nominated
film  :)

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:05:16 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net>

Ok, I'll bite.

What exactly is the *courage* that D-1 has in response to? What
exactly are they going against, and why is it commendable?

Not even what you've written in your post show any proof that their
asking price is justified. Even you had to write in your own words
that you could only "guess" that the asking price of the car might be
worth it. And even then, you said "...if you hired any professional to
restore a De Lorean to the quality of one of De Lorean One's cars..."
So even then you've admitted that there is nothing that's any more
special about a car from D-1, that you could get anywhere else. After
all, anyone is capable of achieving the same results that D-1 acheives
when they sell their cars. Even say, DMCH, who sell their cars for
half the price.

So, once more, where is the justification?

Now, I'm going to ask you a question, and don't take this the wrong
way. I'm not trying to hit you with an elitist attack, or anything
like that. Just an honest question.

Since you did not post a VIN #, I assume that you don't own a
DeLorean. But, since you're a member of this group, you certainly have
an interest in them, if not the desire to own one. So, my question is
this:

If prices on DeLoreans shoot so high that you yourself could no longer
afford one, will you be happy about no longer being able to obtain a
car of your own? Will you then commend D-1 and others for "having the
balls" to exclude you from ownership of a DeLorean?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> Kudos to De Lorean One for holding the price at what other dealers

don't have the balls to do.

>> My guess is if you hired any professional to restore a De Lorean to

the quality of one of the De Lorean One's cars that they're selling
for $71,500, it would cost you that much money to get it done.

>> And I've heard reports that they have a waiting list for those.
>>
>> The DeLorean car actually looks like a car that should cost

somewhere between $75,000 and $100,000. It's uniquely beautiful
because of its stainless steel skin and its gul wing doors.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:20:27 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Marvel Mystery Oil is the only additive I would use to keep the fuel
system clean. It is old school stuff but it works very well. It also
seconds as a good gas stabilizer.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:26:42 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Well said!

Bernie

wrote:

>>   Im not saying that Deloreans are million dollar cars but, Ive

been

>> around many Classic Ferrari, Lotus and other cars. And I do mean

many.

>> While Deloreans dont have the benefit of a racing history (why

would

>> they?) They are every bit as striking, every bit as exotic and

every

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:28:19 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

I know a guy who scornfully told me that I bought the car because of
the attention it gets me.  Duh!!!  That seems pretty much the reason
anyone buys a sportscar, or even a non-sports car, they want
something special to be noticed.  I don't deny that at all. Funny
thing is he was talking about buying a Corvette, but didn't see his
hypocrisy at all.  For me it's not ego, or trying to show off
financially (it's certainly not that), but instead it's one of the
coolest, sleakest looking cars on the road, that has an interesting
history.  My piece of Americana.    I did, however, buy it with the
idea that it would still function as a car, and given the moderate
price, would still make sense from a financial perspective.  I think
we all can agree THAT wasn't the smartest assumption in the world.
Went a little over budget, actually, went more over budget than the
actual budget.  Then some. But what's done is done, now just need to
look at it going forward.  Now that's it's fixed up, I'll just have
to put gas in it and go, right???  Sure, that's it.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:21:31 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

OK, my computer decided to crash today.  I lost everything, email,
addresses, phone numbers, everything.

I am now just getting back online.

I don't talk to the people who are sitting in the car to have thier
pictures taken, they sit, snsp and flash, and their out.  I just
hang by to make sure everything is OK and no one is messing with
anything inside.

$95K would be a great price, know anyone that has that kind of money
to spend?

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:

>> I certainly hope you didn't tell the lovely woman the real value

of

>> the car, I usually tell them $95,000.  Let's make that the

standard

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:31:32 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

I'm guessing if you bid the minimum $16,155.20 and win, you don't
get the cars until you payoff the IRS liens, which were pretty big
according to the web site.  The odd minimum bid is probably the
value of all the cars, discounted by some percentage, less the IRS
liens.

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:47:39 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

Hello to all.    Since this is a public auction the IRS will  probably offer
them as a group and then individually.  This is fully  permissible per the IRM
(Internal Revenue Manual).  This ensures that  the largest amount is
collected for the items.  The 16K is the lowest  amount that the auction will start at
for the group.

Roy

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:51:55 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

All,

I didn't mean this to become a big issue, I just posted about what
someone said, and asked if we all could agree about the value of the
car.  To me, the car should acutally go for about $30K, in great
shape, a fully restored concourse car should go for about $45K, and
I'm talking about a winner.

Come January 1, 2006, the '81 cars become true antiques. Let's see
what the market does to the price of the car.

We all own a very unique and special car, and we should all be proud
of our work that we and others have done to keep them on the road.

Very happy to own 2 DeLoreans.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:

>> This probably (unfortunately) is the best discussion of the value

of

>> the car I've seen and what drives the market for it.  Just don't

see

>> it making a big jump anytime soon.  But, maybe one day someone

will

>> do a feature length movie, "Delorean", get a few big stars for it,
>> would be a great story.  Rising star GM exec, leaves to start new
>> car company in Northern Ireland, the drug arrest and acquittal,

the

>> Back to the Future movies, and recent death.  Alot of drama and
>> twists, if done right could be a HUGE movie.  Might result in alot
>> of demand for the cars, but even if not, would be a great movie,
>> would love to see it done.  Wouldn't have to be done by a big

movie

>> studio, just doesn't seem like it would be a big budget movie,

might

>> put a smaller production company on the map.  Anyone know any

studio

>> people to give them the idea??  Or maybe it was already done and I
>> missed it??

our

will

start

than

>> they

>> also

>> now. From

>> people. I

and

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:39:06 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: John Hervey is back

 Group, I would like to thank the people who have called and have
had concern about me. Here is what I going on.
As a lot of you know go to the AAPEX show and the SEMA show in Las
Vegas every year. It's about the only vacations I take, so this year
I decided to do it all. On the last day of walking about 1 million
sq. feet I felt I was getting a cold so decided to sit out the last
day while the fellow I go with walked the last of it. We caught our
plane home that Friday night and I  got home Saturday morning about
3 AM.  I still didn't feel good so I decided to sit around Saturday
thinking I was going to feel better. We'll that didn't happen,
Saturday night I passed out and was taken to the hospital which was
later diagnosed as severe phenomena.
So during the lovely stay in the hospital and during all the blood
test one of the doctors noticed an enzyme level was a little high so
one thing went to another an I wound up having an operation. Now
that's over.
My voice doesn't last long and I have just been doing what the
doctor said which was just to rest, so that is what I have been
doing since I got home this past Wednesday.
My wife and I will be working on the orders and emails and it will
be a couple of weeks to get back to normal, so If I can't call you
back or don't answer the phone I hope you will understand.
I'm not 100% yet from the operation and phenomena, but it's coming.
I really appreciate the support and hope this doesn't cause any
major inconvenient on getting and keeping the cars on the road.
John & Donna Hervey

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:00:04 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

How does one bid on this auction?

Bernie

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:59:34 -0000
From: "EJ Chambers" <marmieej_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Special T Auto

Hello:

Has anyone had any luck in contacting/talking with John Hervey this
past week? I left him a message last Sunday, to no get no response.
Called him again today to get his machine, but was unable to leave a
message.

I get a response saying the memory is full. I heard that he was sick,
but does anyone have idea if everything is ok?

Thanks!
Ej

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:13:52 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

My "sum up" of the replies thus far:

>> People ask e how much I paid for mine.  And when I tell them, they
>> say, "that's all?"

Yeah. That's why I don't tell them. People look so upset when they
find out the car costs less than a house. I give a generic answer, "Up
to $65k depending." Now that D1 is asking $70k, I can say "Up to
$70k." I let them have their moment with an expensive exotic while
still being completely honest.

Even at that, people still say, "That's it? I figured they were at least $100k."

>> Kudos to De Lorean One for holding the price at what other dealers don't have the
>> balls to do. My guess is if you hired any professional to restore a De Lorean to the
>> quality of one of the De Lorean One's cars that they're selling for $71,500, it would
>> cost you that much money to get it done.
>> And I've heard reports that they have a waiting list for those.

I doubt that. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if they sell more than a
couple per year. Who spends double the money to have a D1 restored car
vs. DMCH? Granted I've never seen two freshly restored DMCH & D1 cars
side by side, but I can't imagine the difference is worth $35k.

The only way D1's cars are worth that price is if they're doing a
complete frame-off restoration, pulling all of the used parts and
installing new or NOS everything. New engine, tranny, interior, etc.
The only used parts I'd want to see after shelling out $70k would be a
few major items: Body, doors, stainless panels, frame, glass - and any
minor items that are dwindling in supply or otherwise unavailable.

>> Tthe values of DeLoreans have already increased a great deal. More
>> than many others could imagined, or others cars already have.

How do you figure? If you don't count inflation and wear & tear, the
price of the cars hasn't moved. People paid ~$25k+ new. The previous
owner of my car paid $35k new. During the final days you could get
them for ~$15k give or take. Today? They're worth ~$20k give or take.

They just haven't moved. As much as I'd like to wake up and find my
car worth $30k+, it's not going to happen for a long time - if ever.

--
- Ryan

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:19:41 -0000
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>

Greetings all DeLorean owners and DeLorean owner wannabees.

The VIN number SCEDT26TXD006413 for the DeLorean listed in the IRS
public auction sale is one digit short of being complete.  Looking
at
the last four digits you can tell it was manufactured in Nov. '81.
How do I know this?  Well thanks to Knut Grimsrud, Ken Montgomery
and
many others here is the only production VIN chronology I know of.

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm

Click on
DMC VIN List

You may even find your 'D' there too.
Mine is.

Mark R. Vanyo
Bothell, Washington
VIN SCEDT26T4BD002261

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_y...>

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:00:46 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

By any chance, were these cars from an elderly mans estate in Georgia
originally? Or were theyjust in Texas?

If it was Georgia, I have an idea who might have been the owner.

-Joe O'Brien

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:53:59 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Hokum.  If Marvel Mystery Oil will put a gasoline-proof coating
on stuff in your fuel system, do you really want it in there?

-------------- Original message from "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>: --------------

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:59:27 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_s...> wrote:

>> The DeLorean car actually looks like a car that should cost

somewhere > between $75,000 and $100,000. It's uniquely beautiful
because of its

>> stainless steel skin and its gul wing doors.

I agree, and I'd be happy to sell you my award winning 17K mile '83
for $75K. As a matter of fact, since it's has a few minor cosmetic
issues from age, I'll cut you a deal. Let's say $65K. E-mail me if
interested.

 :)

Dan W.

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:29:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The Bucking D....

Happy Holidays  :)
A few things....first, thanks to everyone offering
help with my ERR!!!Hot Start!! post. We began the
process of elimination for my hot start problem today
starting with the neg ground for the battery, the plan
was to clean it. We find the ground, by the passenger
TAB only to notice the TAB is loose, so we tighten the
TAB, check the driver side TAB and its fine (CHECK
YOUR TABs) we go back to the ground by the passenger
TAB and the question is how to get the ground off to
clean it, seems a wrench wont fit in the back to
loosen the ground, or do I have to break the bolt to
get it off?
Since we could not get the neg ground off to clean it
we move on to my next issue...radio. We take the
console out get behind the radio to find the fuses
blown, replace the fuses now the radio works. Now we
move onto the next issue, radio works but no
antenna...we go into the driver side pontoon, move the
carbon canister to see if there are any mounting
brackets for  antenna...loosing day light we get the
pontoon and console back together and call it a day. I
start up the car and let it warm up. Usually the idle
is high when 1st starting, 2000rpm and when warn it
idles down, it did not idle down after warm up or
reving. Im on the belt way after driving about 20
minutes and the car starts to buck like a wild bronco.
Every time I would give it gas it would buck (really
bad) like it was being held back. I down shifted and
it did the same thing when I gave it gas. I put it in
neutral stepped on the gas and it was sluggish, it had
a hard time getting to 3500rpm in neutral while
stepping on the gas??????
Was running GREAT before. I am wondering if we pulled
a vacuum hose loose or if a vacuum hose broke from
moving the carbon canister? Fuel problem? I have new
accumulator, new O rings. Any suggestions?? Try to fix
one problem, another one pops up. My radio works now
though  :)

Thanks.

Joey