Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2993
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:22 Nov 2005 01:07:57 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Mystery Oil
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

2. Re: DMC Movie
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: John Hervey is back
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

4. Re-tint Lens
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

5. Re: John Hervey is back
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. DeLoreans and Tow dollys
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

7. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: "supremeadmiralsenn" <AdmiralSenn_at_dml_flbb.net>

8. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- KUDOS
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:21:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery Oil

I use Marvel Mystery Oil as an additive for the first oil I put into a
motor I rebuild. It helps to keep things cleaner inside. I don't know
how much it can help in an fuel injection system, it was developed
before there were any. For fuel I like Techron. It won't clean a
contaminated system but it will help keep a good running system clean.
Modern fuels incorporate additives to dissolve deposits in fuel
injected systems so I don't know how much use adding anything else
would be.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:14:49 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC Movie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:

>> My thought is I'd rather see a regular type movie than a

documentary

>> type movie.  Most of us in the Delorean community know the history
>> and story, and may want something different.  But that's not true
>> for the other 99.999% of the population, who may know parts of the
>> story, but alot of times get it wrong anyway.  How many times have
>> you heard "those cars have GM engines in them" said with authority
>> at a party when the topic comes up.  It really could work as a

major

>> motion picture.  Big corporate politics, drugs, high profile

trial,

>> the coolness of the car, movie trilogy, just alot to it.  And

based

>> on true events that many people may remember on some level.  Throw
>> in some skin here and there, and it becomes an Oscar nominated
>> film  :)

If it's truly a quality movie, it won't get nominated at all  ;)

The only thing I fear is the movie taking one position and sticking
to it... and we have reason to fear that it would be portrayed as a
money-wasting slimy affair from top to bottom.  Sure, you can have
all the suspense of a movie like "Blow," but we don't need
exagerrated myths perpetuated and another twenty years of, "So, you
ever find any cocaine in the car?"

As far as skin, maybe John's Hollywood days could supply some of
that.  I'm not interested in seeing a Roy Nesseth character naked.

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:59:35 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: John Hervey is back

Hope you feel better soon John.

Tom Tait

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:28:04 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Re-tint Lens

My RH tail light lens is in good shape, except the amber has faded to
clear.  Is there any good way to re-tint the lens?

Tom

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:31:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Welcome back John. Glad to hear you are back and doing
better. Take it as easy as you can.

Joey

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:56:03 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: DeLoreans and Tow dollys

Does anyone have experience in using a two wheel tow dolly with a
DeLorean? I have an opportunity to purchase one rather cheaply and
wondered if anyone else had experience with moving a DeLorean with
one. I have always used flat bed transports when moving cars for
service that were not drivable and thought this may be an economical
way for me to move inoperative vehicles from one location to another.
Thanks
seanM

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:16:21 -0000
From: "supremeadmiralsenn" <AdmiralSenn_at_dml_flbb.net>
Subject: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction

How do you figure that it's short? It looks like a perfectly fine VIN
to me.

Also, I'd like to know more about how the information on #3416 got on
that list. It's one that was stored here in Vero Beach for a while,
but I'm wondering if the information listed is taken from my
descriptions of it or if it's been verified by someone else. I'm not
sure if it's still here anymore...

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:43:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE

Yes, just about every six months. Since 1996 they've been averaging between
$1,200 - $1,600 each increase.

Shannon Y
16506

----------------
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:10:45 -0500
   From: "That Werks" <csztybel_at_dml_thatwerks.com>
Subject: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

Didn't DMCH raise the price to $37,500.00 not too long ago?

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:44:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- KUDOS

Kudos to Grady who makes a far better product and not just a status symbol with a
perceived high resale value.

"... has the balls"...?   Who flames from an anonymous email address? If you
state false info about Grady he will happily correct you from his own personal
address.

( PS is your email a reference to the faded asphalt & the rest of the online
community? )

Shannon Y
16506

-------------------------
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:53:04 -0800 (PST)
   From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

Kudos to De Lorean One for holding the price at what other dealers don't have the

balls to do.

My guess is if you hired any professional to restore a De Lorean to the quality
of one of the De Lorean One's cars that they're selling for $71,500, it would
cost
you that much money to get it done.

And I've heard reports that they have a waiting list for those.

The DeLorean car actually looks like a car that should cost somewhere between
$75,000 and $100,000. It's uniquely beautiful because of its stainless steel skin

and its gul wing doors.

Faded

"Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com> wrote:
I noticed the other day that DeLoreanOne is now asking $71,500 for a
restored DeLorean. While I can't say I have ever seen one of their
refurbished cars in person, I can't believe that people would pay that
much for a car that could only get half of the purchase price if resold.

-Patrick C.
1880

I have been warned by DMCH is about to

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:24:57 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)

According to Carfax, the car failed emissions earlier this year and
that time had 54,222 miles on it, not the 34,222 the IRS says it has.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
Visit www.dmchelp.com for tech advice from the pros who know!
Brought to you by DMC (Texas), PJ Grady, DeLorean Motor Center and DMC
(Florida)