Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2995
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:22 Nov 2005 23:36:59 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: IRS selling delorean at auction
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Re: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

5. Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. RE: Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. 2005 DeLorean Limited Edition Holiday Ornament
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

8. Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:51:45 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)

Ryan.. How many people bid on these auctions?  Great question.   It really
depends on how much information gets out there before the  auction.  Obviously
they want large crowds and there are people who check  on the auctions
according to areas.  The smart thing to do on  this  auction would be to at least one
person who wants one or two of the cars and  form a group. I think this kind
of auction will really have a crowd.

Roy
0893

In a message dated 11/21/2005 9:15:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com writes:

On  11/21/05, James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com> wrote:

>> According to  Carfax, the car failed emissions earlier this year and
>> that time had  54,222 miles on it, not the 34,222 the IRS says it has.

Well, should we  be surprised? They blatently steal large amounts of
money from each and  every one of us. Can we really expect them to be
honest about a used car?   ;-)

Seriously, I wonder how many people bid on these IRS auctions, and  if
there are any deals to be had. This particular auction is quite  the
collection. If the cars are in reasonably good condition, one  could
have a lot of fun with this.

--
-  Ryan

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:29:37 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction

Bob.. You are right.  The IRS issues a certificate of sale that you  take to
your DMV for registration and new title.  This sale is so  clean.   If the
auction was today and you were the only bidder you  would get all those cars for
the minum bid of $16K.

Roy

In a message dated 11/22/2005 10:23:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

one  would attend the auction in person, with proof of money by bank
verification, and then one would bid and take the vehicles at time of
purchase.

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:07:20 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE

Econonomics - Supply and demand. This sort of thing is demand-driven,
not cost driven (to a point). They can only do so many a year, as
long as they have a backlog they can raise the price. If they stop
selling (or someone else floods the market with "re-manufactured"
cars for less money), the price will stabilize or go down. If demand
price goes below cost, they stop building them.

Dave  (See my refurbed car for sale at http://tinyurl.com/drmp2)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Sztybel" <csztybel_at_dml_t...>
wrote:

>> That seems like a large jump twice a year. Any reason that you know

of?

>> Labor costs going up or the scarcity of parts? I'd like to know

why, just

>> because a refurb is something I've pondered.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher Sztybel
>> Lead Designer, That Werks
>> phone: 908.209.1857
>> e-mail: csztybel_at_dml_t...
>> web: http://www.thatwerks.com

averaging

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:39:28 -0600
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

In my opinion Carfax isn't the best guide to a collector cars record. I
bought my car new in Minnesota and for some reason it was registered as a
"special' instead of a DeLorean. I never had that changed and as soon as DMC
went out of business I switched to Collector plates which here in Minnesota
require the vehicle to be at least twenty years old or its manufacturer
completely defunct. A couple of years ago, to satisfy my curiosity, I did a
Carfax check on my car using it's vin number. Carfax had no record because
the car has never had to endure any license change or emission/saftey check
since about 1983. I wouldn't necessarily let carfax be the deciding
influence on a 25 year old collector car. Certainly something like flood
damage would be important to be advised of  but overall condition or the
quality of a restoration would, on average, weigh heavier than miles driven
or the number of previous owners or emission tests when considering a car
this old.

Bruce Benson

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:32:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet -- PRICE

Not that I know of. I never bothered to ask. Just something I too noticed when
shopping for my car. Was going to buy a refurbished one but couldn't afford the
rising prices.

Shannon Y

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:43:54 -0500 (EST)
   From: "Christopher Sztybel" <csztybel_at_dml_thatwerks.com>

-- Christopher Sztybel Lead Designer, That Werks phone: 908.209.1857 e-mail: csztybel_at_dml_thatwerks.com web: http://www.thatwerks.com

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:20:02 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys

Also, if you DO decide to rent a tow dolly, do NOT tell them it is for a
"DeLorean", they will not rent it to you because they will tell you the car
won't fit on it right - and they are correct.
Tell them it is a Honda Accord or something.
Of course, you won't be covered if there is an accident.
Tow dollys are risky.
If you have the pulling power use a flatbed, or heck...drive the thing is
you can.
- VB

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:35:05 -0600
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: 2005 DeLorean Limited Edition Holiday Ornament

Ornaments arrived today and the elves here are busily getting them ready
for shipment. As last year, we are only making 500, and each one is
numbered. If you ordered a 2004 ornament, and want the same numbered
2005 ornament, dig it out and mention the number when you order so we
can pull it for you and make sure no one else gets it!

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=3440&Qty=1&ShowCart=true

If you didn't order a 2004 ornament, there are still a handful left!
These are now $29.95! BUT, there is a way you can still get it at the
old $24.95 price - email off-list (james (at) delorean.com) for details how!

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=3380&Qty=1&ShowCart=true

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:32:34 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys

If the car is a standard then there should be no problem in towing it
with a tolly. The man who I bought mine from, towed it from Oklahoma
to my house in central Arkansas, about four or five hours. I used a
transport trailer from Uhaul to tow it to a car show and it worked
like a champ. Be prepared to have people drive along side you a take
picture with their phones. My car did not even look good and people
were drooling over it.

Josh

>> Tow dolly is not reccomended.
>> if you do, you need to two it backwards if it is an AUTOMATIC,
>> but make sure to dissconnect the angle drive on
>> the front drivers wheel, and dissconnect the speedo cable.
>> Also, either remove or tie town the rear louvers or they may blow

off.

>> If you have the time, remove the front spoiler or the road might do

it for

>> you.
>>
>> If you can put it on a flat trailer, that is best.
>> Being a cheapskate can cost you more in the end.
>> - Videobo

economical

another.

address: