Subject:[DML] Digest Number 2997
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:24 Nov 2005 22:50:36 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1. Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

3. Re: 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. RE: Help needed on de-railed window
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>

5. Re: Cars at IRS Auction
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

6. Re: 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

8. Charles Schmidt Auction at EBay
From: "Dennis Alberts" <DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net>

9. Re: Help needed on de-railed window
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

10. Re: 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:38:42 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

In a message dated 11/20/2005 8:43:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dmcvegas_at_dml_cox.net writes:
There is something there that you've really touched upon, that until
now, I never could really put my finger on.>>

Well said, Robert... I won't cut and paste your whole post, but I thought it
was well put, and speaks to a lot of us in our personal enjoyment in owning a
DeLorean.
Wayne A. Ernst

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:43:36 -0600
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: 1981 is the only real year for the Delorean

DMCVIN6683 wrote:

>>Delorean's were built only in 1981, the cars that you see in 82 and 83
>>  were pieced together later after the whole thing collapsed. This is a
>>  real Delorean.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/exccv
>>
>>  And this guy claimed to know JZD.

Uh. If it has a proper VIN, and is made of the proper parts. It's a
delorean reguardless of when it was assembled or by who.  At least
that's how I feel on the matter.  This guy is just trying to hype his
own car. Though you'll notice it still has no bids, and likly won't.

I also think it's kind of funny that this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-Coupe-1981-Delorean_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31830QQitemZ4590941029QQrdZ1
increased it's no reserve price since yesterday from $13000 to $14999..
At having no bids to begin with, I don't really see the logic of raising
your price.. But I understand having a minimum price you'd sell for.. .

I know personally I hate reserve auctions. I'd rather people just start
the bidding at the minimum they'll take for it.  Saves a lot of
guesswork and I never saw the logic of hiding the price you'd really
sell for from perspective buyers anyway..   About the only point of it I
can see is to 'test the waters' of the market so to speak. So you can
put your car up with an insanely high reserve, just to see what you
could possibly get without having to actually sell it, and I know i'd be
highly ticked off if I actually bid on an auction like that and found
out the seller didn't really intend to sell in the first place.

VIN# 03209

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 02:43:37 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Wow! My "fake" DeLorean looks just like this! What a great reproduction
I own.  Of course, mine was made in Dec '81, so maybe it is real after
all?

How his "late model" got those hood lines and gas flap is beyond me.
Something about "stainless steal" in his ad just doesn't feel right.  :)

Marv
#10820

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:57:36 -0500
From: "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Help needed on de-railed window

I have the same situation Tito.
Did you get any help?
Thank,
Pat in NJ.USA
SCEDT26T4BD006763

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:41:11 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Cars at IRS Auction

I will defer to your superior knowledge on the subject but I would
still caution anyone buying a car at a sale like this to at least
consider the possablility of other incuberances on the title. The IRS
cannot issue titles. Only the States can. Although the IRS is legally
obligated to notify others with an interest in the property they may
not or they may just not research it properly enough to find all of
the other parties with an interest. As always "Buyer Beware". Besides,
if the State issues a title based on this auction it will say in some
form of language that the issuance of the title is no guarantee that
there are no security interests in the vehicle. This applies to ANY
car titled after an auction. The best form of protection is a title
search and knowing the chain-of-ownership. Not too long ago there was
a big scandal in New York on Long Island. There was a Sheriff's sale
of impounded cars. Many had loans or liens. When the new owners tried
to title and register the cars the banks came foward and repossesed
the cars. Everyone cried foul and the Sheriff's office had to reverse
the sales and turn the cars over to the banks. Cars are a unique item
in that they are titled like Real Estate. Transactions are recorded
and are public record. I only mention this to warn of the
possabilities in buying cars at an auction.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, lordshill_at_dml_a... wrote:

>> Dave... The IRS must list the senior lien holders to the public.  The
>> Federal Tax Lien sale will extinguish any junior lien holder.  In

this  particular

>> case the only creditor listed is the IRS.  The form that the IRS

issues would

>> have listed both senior and junior lien in addition to the Federal

Tax liens.

>>  In fact the IRS is required to notify both junior and senior

creditors.  In

>> this particular case there are none.  How a Federal Tax  Lien

competes with

>> various forms of creditor filings (UCC-1; Judgements;Liens  etc)

depends upon

>> the property in question.  I taught Federal Tax law for  years while

employed

>> by the IRS and it is a difficult subject to  understand.  In this case
>> (Delorean; Bentley; etc) the winner of the  auction will be

receiving a certificate of

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:02:43 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yup!  Looks like a real DeLorean to me.  Pretty good shape too!

Matt

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:38:06 -0500
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: IRS selling delorean at auction (mileage error)

That is the way my car is in carfax - some idiot at the Jiffy Lube assumed
that it HAD to have atleast 100,000 on it and added the 1. . . .

Michael

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:51:15 -0500
From: "Dennis Alberts" <DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: Charles Schmidt Auction at EBay

I'm thinking of placing a bid on eBay for the DeLorean at Charles Schmidt
and Company.  Does anybody have any specific knowledge about the car?

Thanks,

Dennis

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:24:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Fixing a window that has come off the track is not quite as easy as
just putting it back on. There is a fix that Rob Grady taught me that
involves putting a large rivet into the nylon of the front guide on
the window. Without doing that the window will just keep coming off
the track. It is a little difficult to explain, seeing it makes a big
difference. Since the windows are of little use anyway just force it
all back together and leave it closed.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Pasquale Lombardi" <pasquale.nj_at_dml_v...>

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:48:49 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Ha,

The ultimate irony in this guy's auction is that he claims that all
other Deloreans except the 81's were pieced together.

Well someone should point out to him that the very car he is selling is
pieced together as well.

Cars in the 4xxx vin range did not come with the gas flap hood. That
ended near the middle of the 3xxx vins. Obviously this was "pieced
together" from parts from another car.

Shows how well he knows these cars.

You got to love the eBay losers that think they know it all.

Joe O'Brien

2524,  (real D)
16634, (pieced together D)
16851, (really pieced together D)