From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:39 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3007

1. Re: Power door locks
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

2. Re: Hey everyone! New Website!
From: "g2_dmc" <g2_dmc_at_dml_verizon.net>

3. DMCNEWS Archives...
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. Re: Hey everyone! New Website!
From: "g2_dmc" <g2_dmc_at_dml_verizon.net>

5. Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Flux Capacitor ....Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

7. Re: Oil Leak
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>

8. Oil Leak
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

9. Re: DeLorean Dealership sign font
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Driver door latch issue
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>

11. Wendie Jo Sperber (Linda McFly) Obituary
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

12. Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Used Parts (was: What goes in a remanufactured car?)
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Driver door latch issue
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Re: Driver door latch issue
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

20. Re: DeLorean Dealership sign font
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

21. Relays
From: "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>

22. Re: Hey everyone! New Website!
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

23. Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. RE: Re: Used Parts (was: What goes in a remanufactured car?)
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

25. Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:03:33 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: Power door locks

We have completed field testing of our new digital door lock module.  The plan is to have a limited number of units built for the first batch by around mid-December.  This new upgrade is controlled by a powerful microprocessor, and will not create the kinds of issues that the original modules are known for.  I have tried my very best to break it, and was not able to.  We will keep the List posted as the final details are sorted out regarding first availability.  This is going to be so cool!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...>

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 06:17:17 -0000
From: "g2_dmc" <g2_dmc_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Hey everyone! New Website!

Yea, That was Lane Hoddgeson's DeLorean...Last I heard he sold it to a museum in the Portland area...anyone know anything more about this?
That was one of my favorite cars!  First one I ever rode in when I was like 10...oh and by the way, It's a burgandy interior.

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:54:43 -0600
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: DMCNEWS Archives...

...have been caught up thru Nov 30th (Digest #3005).  I was a couple of months behind due to a heavy workload at my regular job.  It will take Google a little bit to crawl through and index the new stuff, but is available for browsing.  Any issues noted, please email me off-line at:
dmcvin2447-2[at]yahoo[dot]com

Wayne / VIN2447
www.AA9DY.com

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 06:19:10 -0000
From: "g2_dmc" <g2_dmc_at_dml_verizon.net>

Dude, I just grabbed a pic of a Black DeLorean off the web...sorry if it's copyrighted.  I don't know, but one of the pics I used was of a DeLorean in a showroom with Washington plates.
Matt

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:09:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

want a flux capacitor?

http://www.az-d.org/flux.html

Joey

--- Bernie <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> What's the number I want to call and get a flux capacitor, and
> actually see what shows up.
>
> And to all, are there any instructions out there on how to build a
> replica?
>
> Owning two cars, I tend to show the SS one and would really like to
> have a dummy flux capacitor for show.  Most people only know the car
> for BTTF.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernie

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:38:44 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Flux Capacitor ....Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

If like me you want to build your own, try:-

http://www.rookscastle.com/tutorials/time4.html#lighting2

And then you will end up with this:-

http://www.orgsites.com/tx/bozzzydmc/_pgg7.php3

Cost me $148 all in all.

Regards

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:58:52 -0000
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Leak

Chalk up one more person on the list that has a oil leak on the drivers side of the engine that is coming from the oil pressure light. One more job to do over the winter!

-Derek #10084

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Spangler" <johnspangler_at_dml_n...>
wrote:

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_u...>
wrote:

> > With the recent discussion on oil leaks I wanted to get
information on
> > a small leak I have. There is a large bolt on the driver's side
that
> > faces the left of the car (if you're standing behind the car)
that has
> > a wire coming from it. It's below the A/C compressor above the
oil pan
> > close to the catalytic converter. Oil appears to be leaking from
that.
> > I couldn't find this item in the parts manual. What is this item?
it

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:29:58 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Oil Leak

Thanks everyone for the help. The bolt size must be larger than 22mm because that's the largest wrench I have and it still won't fit.

Shannon

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:08:56 -0000
From: "John Spangler" <johnspangler_at_dml_netzero.net>

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 06:48:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Dealership sign font

Try this place (??);

  http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/mondosearchresults.htm?st=12&cid=ALL&submit=Search&kid=optima

Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  Anyone know where I can download that for free?

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:03:42 -0000
From: "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Driver door latch issue

Looking for a little advice on what to check could be wrong for an issue I think I am having. When driving the D on a bumpy road, the front half of the driver door moves as I go over bumps. By move I mean jitters like the front half is not latched, probably about 5-6mm of movement. The passenger door front or back does not move in this way over the same bumps. When the drivers door is closed from the outside I can stick my fingers under the front of the door and pull it up where it flexes out somewhat. The passenger door does not do the same.

Now I am not familiar yet with the door mechanism but the pin is going inside the u shaped latch on the front part of the driver door. To me it just seems like the 'lock' on the latch is not securing it shut. Any idea what the cause could be and what I should be checking out when I attempt to remove the door panel for a further examination?

Thanks,

-Derek #10084

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:39:17 -0000
From: "Steve" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>
Subject: Wendie Jo Sperber (Linda McFly) Obituary

LOS ANGELES - Actress     Wendie Jo Sperber, who starred
opposite     Tom Hanks on TV's "Bosom Buddies" and who in his words
became "a walking inspiration" after she contracted cancer, has died. She was in her 40s.

Sperber died at home Tuesday after an eight-year battle with breast cancer, publicist Jo-Ann Geffen said Wednesday.

A Los Angeles native, Sperber appeared in dozens of television shows and movies, including all three "Back to the Future" films.

Her publicist first said Sperber was 46, but later said she was 43 based on an Internet resource. The Associated Press in September reported Sperber's age as 47.

Sperber also had roles in     Steven Spielberg's "1941,"     Robert
Zemeckis' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," and Neal     Israel's "Moving
Violations" and "Bachelor Party." Her television credits include "Murphy Brown," "Private Benjamin," "Will & Grace" and "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter."

After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997, the actress became an advocate for cancer care. In 2001, she founded the weSPARK Cancer Support Center, which provides free emotional support, information and social activities for individuals and families affected by cancer.

Sperber helped unveil and promote a breast cancer stamp for the U.S.
Postal Service in 1998, Geffen said.

"The memory of Wendie Jo is that of a walking inspiration," Hanks said in a statement. "She met the challenges of her illness with love, cheer, joy and altruism. We are going to miss her as surely as we are all better for knowing her."

Sperber is survived by a son and daughter, her parents, two sisters and a brother.

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:33:16 -0000
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers

Marv,
How did you obtain an appraisal? In my case, State Farm just asked me
the value of the vehicle, took some pictures, then sent my
application to underwriting. It took a few days, but I got coverage
for the value I requested.

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:10:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Just because it is in their computer don't bank on it. Compare it to an old part
before paying for an item they tell you will work.

Shannon Y
16506

> From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
>
>>snip<<
>
> Checker Autoparts (CSK) on the otherhand seems to know what a
> Delorean is. They even have it in their computer.

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:44:35 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Used Parts (was: What goes in a remanufactured car?)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> If used parts are out there and are cheaper than the new, but just
> look a little used I am all for it.

I believe DeLorean Motor Center in Garden Grove has a fair selection
of used parts available for sale.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:37:43 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_h...> wrote:

> ...In my case, State Farm just asked me
> the value of the vehicle, took some pictures, then sent my
> application to underwriting. It took a few days, but I got coverage
> for the value I requested.

Wow, my State Farm agent was reluctant to cover my DeLorean, but did
so for the first few months I had it only because I was a long time
good customer, otherwise they told me they would not have touched it
with a ten foot pole if I had simply walked in off the street. As a
matter of fact, the underwriter didn't believe there was an '83 model
year, and was skeptical when I claimed to possess one. I had to send
him an e-mail with a link to the DeLorean FAQ, and contact numbers to
all the DeLorean vendors so he could have an expert tell him. I was so
afraid of what might happen if a I had a claim, that I went with
collector insurance from Aon. My State Farm agent was relieved to see
it go.

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_g...>
> wrote:
>
> With the recent discussions on insurance, I thought I'd ask:
>
> Does anyone offer stated value coverage on DeLoreans that are
> used as daily drivers?
>
> Thus far, I have had no luck finding such coverage. I called
> virtually
> every insurance company in my yellow pages, including several
> "brokers" that deal with dozens of companies. None would insure a
> DeLorean at stated value. The collector car companies won't touch
> daily drivers.

There is one company that does:
http://www.chubb.com/
Chubb offers agreed value policies on daily drivers. I'd never heard
of them, but I've come to learn that they are very big and very well
respected in the insurance industry. Here is a excerpt from the
Corvette Forum thread where I learned of Chubb. Jay M, a Corvette
owner wrote:

"Now I have Chubb. IT costs a small fortune, but I can treat the car
like a normal car and I have $40,000 agreed value. I spent about 4
hours on the internet looking for agreed value and Chubb is is the
only one that offers it for NON collector cars."

If you want to learn more about Chubb, and you don't mind making a
long distance call, contact a guy named Bob Isham at (480) 921-2829.
He owns an auto body shop in Tempe AZ, and he is also a consumer
advocate dealing with the collision repair and Insurance industries.
If you contact Bob, or even Gary at that number, they can tell you all
about Chubb, and perhaps even offer some other advice on who you could
go to for coverage based on your type of usage. Good luck!

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:56:14 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

At first my agent said I could do what you did, but when I pressed
to be sure, they checked with the underwriters and said I should get
the appraisal.  They gave me the name of a local appraiser they use.
It was $100 and the appraisal was faxes directly to the agent. One
advantage was the appraiser stated a value a little over what I had
estimated. :)

It sounds like you're OK.  I guess neither of us will know we did
enough unless we have to file a claim.

Marv
#10820

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:40:51 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_c...> wrote:

> And to all, are there any instructions out there on how to build a
> replica?
>
> Owning two cars, I tend to show the SS one and would really like to
> have a dummy flux capacitor for show.  Most people only know the car
> for BTTF.

As some others have mentioned, Johnny Sawyer of AZ-D does build Flux
Capacitor replicas, and they are GOOD replicas. His hobby is building
movie prop replicas, and he takes great care in accuracy of
appearance, correct materials, function and workmanship. I don't think
you're going to find any better. You can contact him through AZ-D.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:59:44 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Driver door latch issue

See if the problem goes away if you pull up on the inner door
handle, then try to latch the door? If so, I can tell you what
helped mine.

Marv
#10820

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:50:58 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

This probably will require adjustment of the anchor pins and maybe
also the internal locks. It is a little complicated especially if you
are doing it for the first time. The Workshop Manual has the procedure
for the internal adjustments. The "trick" on the anchor pins is to
have the front AND rear latches both click at the same time. Both also
have to click TWICE and be in the 2nd locking position for the door to
be fully closed. When the door is correctly adjusted you should not be
able to lock it unless both locks are in the 2nd locking position.
Forcing things knocks the adjustments out-of-whack. You may also need
new door seals. If the ones on the car are shot replace them before
adjusting the anchor pins.

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:37:14 +0000
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

[MODERATOR NOTE:  Unless someone has something new to add, this topic is ready to move to private email.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

It comes as part of the standard system fonts in Mac OS X Panther 10.3 and
Tiger 10.4

Iıd send it to you but itıs an opentype font.  What Computer and OS are you
using ??

Dan

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:06:47 +0000
From: "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Relays

Should they be replaced just because they are old?
Should they be 30amp or 40amp? Or does it matter?
I need to know so I can put my car back together.
Regards,
Charles

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:57:08 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Not a problem with me, if it's my car, but its not my picture.

Bernie

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:07:03 -0000
From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

State Farm will not insure my car, I called and they did have it in
their computer or know what it is, I have the same problem with my
current insurance company Farm Buerau, or however you spell it. I am
hoping that I can afford Hagerty:)

Josh

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> >
> > ...In my case, State Farm just asked me
> > the value of the vehicle, took some pictures, then sent my
> > application to underwriting. It took a few days, but I got
coverage
> > for the value I requested.

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:29:13 -0500
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

FYI we also have a large selection of high quality used and/or rebuilt parts
that are cleaned, inspected, and guaranteed. Where applicable they are
glass-beaded and refinished etc. We don't advertise them on our website but
we may add some of the bigger items in the near future. In the meantime if
you need something just call or e-mail us. Thanks for your support.

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:25:31 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Whne people whould see my Flux on the back shelf, they would ask..
"Wow, it really has a flux capacitor?"
I would tell them it was standard equipment, the other parts like the rear
vents
were factory options.
I ought not do that sort of thing because now this guy is going to get into
a fight in a bar with some DeLorean owner someday when he states this to
be fact. Who knows.....
I know I have had many arguements with yokal locals at gas stations who
insist on educating me on my own car with "facts" they THINK they know.
- VB