From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 6:32 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3009

1. RE: Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

2. Re: Driver door latch issue
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Relays
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

4. Trip to Nashville
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

5. Re: Jumping Out of 5th Gear
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:29:32 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Insurance, stated value, daily drivers

Josh:

I have not received my final paperwork yet, but I belive all of the following to be true:  I just signed up with aon this week.  You must have another car to use on a daily basis, but if you do they don't seem to care how many miles you put on the D.

Fill out the online application, the website will tell you exactly what the premium will be based on your assumed value.  In a day or so they will either agree with your appraisal or let you know what they think, charge your credit card and mail you the paperwork.

I'm paying the minimum premium they charge, $100 a year, with no restrictions as to how I use it, so long as it is not my only car.

Tom

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:32:53 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Driver door latch issue

I had very similar problems with my passenger side when the outside handle was used to open the door.

The rear latch would lock but the front was left slightly out of position.  Lithium grease in the cable sleeves (or whatever they are
called) and on everything else that moves was all it took. (Thanks to John Hervey and Robert Rooney for the proper diagnosis and to Robert for actually fixing it.)

Marv
#10820

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...>

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 08:59:44 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Relays

Hi

The main 'bulk' of the SPDT relays are

Bosch Product # 0 332 209 150 (this number superceded # 0 332 204 150 as shown on a few of the 'cross reference' sheets)

as shown on here:-

http://www.chiefent.com/products/product_details.asp?id=4

Resistive Load - N/O:  40 A - 200,000 cycles Resistive Load - N/C:  20 A - 250,000 cycles Motor Load - N/O:  25 A (50 A In-rush) - 100,000 cycles Motor Load - N/C:  n/a Lamp Load - N/O:  30 A - 100,000 cycles

Suitable for the Starter relay , ac panel lights, cooling fan relay,
a/c 4th speed, a/c 3rd speed, High Beam, Low Beam   (7no in total)
Lamp Load - N/C:  10 A - 100,000 cycles

Regards

Yorkshire UK

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor_at_dml_h...>

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:15:31 -0000
From: "lingolor" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Trip to Nashville

Hey group.
My son and I will be taking the D on it's first road trip from Memphis to Nashville this Saturday morning to visit family for the weekend (not a very long trip). If anyone would like to meet along the way in Jackson, TN or in Nashville either on Saturday or Sunday email me at rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com or cal my cell and leave a message 901-486- 6972.  I won't have much time to mingle, but just a meeting and compareing notes would be cool.  Heck, it be nice to know there's possible help close by if the car doesn't hold up for the trip.
By the way, the car has been running very well since the engine rebuild I did 2 months ago.  With the exception of the erratic or hung idle problems.

Any way, hope to see some D's on the road.

Lingo #2034

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:52:52 -0000
From: "John Macias" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jumping Out of 5th Gear

Does anyone have more information on the redline synthetic transmission fluid? Which is preferable: The MTL or MT 90? Thanks