From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:44 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3011

1. Re: Turbocharger availability
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Starting Question
From: "stefandmc" <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

4. Missing idle mixture screw?
From: "vin4258" <vin4258_at_dml_delorean.com>

5. Re: Extended Convex Mirrors - available now
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:00:07 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Turbocharger availability

Pat,

TurboManifold is your only option that I know of.  But the IHI turbo's that they used to supply aren't availible any more. I am not sure if they ever found a replacement for them.
Also the last I heard the kit was over $8K.

The single BAE turbo kit is no longer availible either, but on a very rare occaision have shown up on E-bay at least once that I know of.

It is easier to buy a car with them installed. They do show up for sale now and then.

Dennis

5180

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:21:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

Any estimate yet on how much you will charge for the final product?

  Chuck

Videobob Moseley <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
  I have just revolutionized the best way to replicate the flux parts in a way that has never been done before.
I will soon be selling Flux capacitors that are more detailed and close the original than have ever been offered before, and ironically cheaper.
There are several people out there who have been building Flux's for years all using similar methods. I have figured out a way of doing it that takes all the hard work out and speeding up the production and lowing the costs by completely replicating the parts using RTV silicone molds and composite injection resin casting.
I am, as we speak making replicas of the original glass tubes and brass relays that go inside the Flux.
Past traditional methods used by Bruce C., Doug B., and others were to use a 1/2"
acrylic rod, drill the center and round the edges to replicate the original glass vacuum tube relay. What I have done is make an exact replica mold of one of the relays out of a clear resin.
I also replicated the brass electro-magnetic base.
The detail is better than any other replica available, the parts look like the real thing.
Another detail I will keep is the correct spacing of the parts, the correct lighting, chase pattern and speed of the lights, and other details that have been previously over looked.
I am also working on having the electronic board made as a custom printed board that only needs the components soldered on to speed up production.
This simplicity and speed will allow me to lower labor costs and sell them cheap enough that anyone would be able to buy one off the shelf and hang it on the wall or put it in their DeLorean.
I will be doing this to a lot of the BTTF props.
Just keep an eye on http://www.bttfstuff.com for more!
I also plan to do this for some of the DMC parts out there too!

Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:58:12 -0000
From: "stefandmc" <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Starting Question

This has been an ongoing problem since i bought my DMC in April.Every once in a while when i go to start my car the engine makes this awful grinding noise, then in have to turn the key all the way back to the insert position and try again. To start it. Now mind you it only happens every onece in a while.Its not like the engine is trying to start either its just a really loud obnoxious grinding sound. Kind of embarrassing when there are people with me. Ok update as of, Dec 2. I replaced my flywheel (flexplate for my car auto tranny) which was bad (chipped teeth etc.), got a new starter from hervey (which ended up having a bad solenoid), got the new solenoid today and had my mechanic put the new starter on and the car still makes that grinding sound when trying to start from time to time. THe car has been at my mechanics for a month now and is costing me. Hes getting stumped, and hes worked on Deloreans before.Any suggestions on what to check is highly appreciated. Thanks again Stefan

Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:00:43 -0000
From: "vin4258" <vin4258_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Missing idle mixture screw?

Vin 4258 failed emissions a few weeks ago and after doing a tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil) it failed again today with only minimil improvement.  Emissions tester says he thinks the O2 sensor is ok because emission levels pass at high RPM (the sensor 'kicks in' at a higher RPM but does not affect idle mixture?) Next option is to adust the idle mixture screw, but when I go looking for it, it seems to be missing.  All I see is a hole with no apparent end but I do see threads.  What is this and can I simply put in a replacement screw or does this need major work?  I have never messed with it and the car only has 7k miles on it and this is the first emissions testing I have been required to get since I bought it...

thanks,

CRG

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:01:41 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Extended Convex Mirrors - available now

[MODERATOR NOTE: While there might be a little interest beyond the two parties here, this is getting close to becoming a private conversation.  Please continue this via private email.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

Does this go for past orders since i ordered directly of your website and got charged $159.95 and i asked about this when you posted on the DML?

Mark V