From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:09 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3013

1. Re: Missing idle mixture screw?
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

2. Re: angle drive replacement question
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:09:27 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Missing idle mixture screw?

Your observation does imply a missing idle mixture screw. These should be closed and rendered non functional on the DeLorean. A completely missing screw would introduce a vacuum leak effect.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "vin4258" <vin4258_at_dml_d...> wrote:

> Vin 4258 failed emissions a few weeks ago and after doing a tune
up
> (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil) it failed again today
with
> only minimil improvement.  Emissions tester says he thinks the O2
> sensor is ok because emission levels pass at high RPM (the sensor
> 'kicks in' at a higher RPM but does not affect idle
mixture?)

Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 10:21:18 -0800
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: Re: angle drive replacement question

Wait, you're talking about the angle drive itself, right?  I was referring to the 32mm axle nut that's on the outboard side, where the stub cable pokes through.  The angle drive nut is supposed to be the 1-1/4", and the DMCH-supplied literature says 160 foot-pounds.

The 32mm axle nut just says "as tight as possible" although frankly, from looking at it, I can't figure out why they say to loosen the 32mm nut in the first place.  Maybe I don't completely understand how it all goes together.

-Owen