From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:45 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3016

1. Delorean reference on MotorWeek, PBS
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Turbocharger Use
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. Re: Convert To Biodiesel
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Starting Question
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

6. RE: Re: Oil Leak
From: "Rob Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

7. Re: Convert To Biodiesel
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Perfect for the D fan who has EVERYTHING.
From: Marty Lick <mlick27_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Turbocharger availability
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Re: Re: Turbocharger availability
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. RE: Re: Turbocharger availability
From: "Shain" <dsmguy_at_dml_ptd.net>

12. Re: Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Re: Starting Question
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

14. Re: Re: Turbocharger availability
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

15. DeLorean items for sale
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: Re: Turbocharger care
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>

17. FLDMC.com & DMCFL.com for sale
From: "delorean321123" <delorean321123_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re:Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: Convert To Biodiesel
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. RE: Re: DeLorean Dents
From: "Matt CARPENTER" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>

21. Re: Turbocharger availability
From: "captain_hydrogen" <captainhydrogen_at_dml_cox.net>

22. Hello Nathan Sobieralski
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>

23. Re: DeLorean items for sale
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

24. Delorean engine firing on 3 cylinders
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>

25. Re: Re: DeLorean Dents
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:49:42 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean reference on MotorWeek, PBS

Motorweek started in 1981 and just had a 25th anniversary episode.
They mentioned the D only to rip on it, of course.  Specifically, that it was better as a car in BTTF than as a car in reality.  For some reason they also preceded that bit by mentioning the Bricklin.
About that they said it "answered a question nobody asked" as they showed it during crash testing.  I'm not sure why they would even mention the Bricklin, as it would have been years out of production by the time Motorweek came around.

Here's a return rip:  I rarely watch Motorweek but I got pulled into this episode because I knew a reference to the D had to be forthcoming.  I think my main gripe with the show is that they seem to take exciting things and make them less exciting, and its a rare talent that can do that.  (A new oil strainer featured on "Goss's Garage"  or maybe some paltry motor news from whoever the producer is dating this year.)  They had an annoying kid who's a new test driver exhort everyone to tighten their lug nuts when they do some test driving.  Thanks, MotorWeek!

--S

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:25:33 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Turbocharger Use

The reason the P.O. said to warm up and cool down the engine goes back to early turbos and before synthetic oils. You never want to operate a turbo without full oil pressure so that's the reason for a warm-up period. Not really an issue on Deloreans unless it is VERY cold. As far as cool-down, on older turbo installations the oil would burn inside the turbo and "coke up" the insides. After a while the oil just would not get through. Again this is no longer a real issue with synthetic oils. It can't hurt to do it but it is not as important as it used to be. Unless you live right at an exit ramp to a hiway by the time you go through local streets to your house you should be alright.
The motor will not "blow up". What will happen eventually is the turbo will get plugged up and not cooling AND lubricating oil. The turbo won't spin long at over 100,000 RPM's without oil!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, lordshill_at_dml_a... wrote:

> Hello..  I have a BAE Turbo that was installed by the prior owner
back  on
> May 1, 1984.  When I purchased the car from the original owner he
was  very
> specific about letting it warm up properly and "cool" down properly.
  When I
> asked him why I was informed that it may "blow up" if it is not
done.  I have

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:29:02 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Convert To Biodiesel

I know a guy locally that has an old 1970's model Volvo wagon with a
diesel engine.  He works at a pizza shop and uses their old cooking oil
from the fryers when they are done with it.  He just strains it, mixes
a little kerosene (which I'm sure isn't legal) and off he goes.  When
he drives by, you smell French fries.  I'm not kidding!

Can't regular diesel engines run on bio-diesel?  My mom's Jeep came
with a little bio-diesel in it from factory.  It is something Jeep is
doing to help the environment.  All Liberty CRD's come with a little
bio-diesel.

Matt
VIN: 2953
Frostburg, MD

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:33:22 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!

For your dome lights:

First, always check the fuses.  Next, maybe a wire was disconnected off
of the switch for the door.  Look at the front of the opening for each
door and you will see a "plunger" type button.  Look inside the car to
the other side of that switch and check the wire connections.

Congradulations!!!!

Matt
VIN: 2953
Frostburg, MD

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:24:58 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Starting Question

Oops, just read your first post and realized you already replaced the
starter and ring gear.
Is there a possibility that the starter solenoid is not getting
sufficient voltage to engage the sterter quickly?  That might cause
this problem if the voltage is low.
Matt Smith

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:07:37 -0500
From: "Rob Grady" <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Oil Leak

John,

The correct size for the oil light sender is actually 23mm and it must be a
"deep" style socket. I recommend a 3/8'ths ratchet size for anyone who wants
to buy one.

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:15:42 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Don't forget, your sleek stainless stell beauty will smell like french fries
as it drives by! (seriously!)

-Joe Kuchan

> > I just got #5380 running for the first time since i
> > bought it in july
> > (turns out it had a ceized cold start valve). Just
> > need to diagnose the
> > cooling problem that kept her off the road in the
> > first place and all
> > will be well.

[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:51:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Marty Lick <mlick27_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Perfect for the D fan who has EVERYTHING.

Looking for that perfect gift for a DeLorean fan who
has everything?  Why not buy 'em a pack of cards?

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/search.do?productCode=PLACAR#

....I don't get it either.  I'm not a sponsor, just a
forwarder of unusual links.

-- Marty

Yahoo! DSL  Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:54:51 -0000
From: "turbodelorean" <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Turbocharger availability

Then take a look at mine. It is a BAE car thought not the twin. I do
not have any smoke or pressure problems anywhere. I also had the car
dynoed and have the A/F ration near perfect for the application. None
of the turbo kits were engineered well. If you read the articles my
Dad wrote in Gullwing magazine on what we did to mine to make the BAE
kit to work more efficient you will see the flaws in the BAE set up.
It just takes time and sometimes $$ to get it there.

Peter Kuchan

> Just to be clear, this problem was on my ISLAND turbo
> car..
>
> As I have stated before on the DML, I pay close
> attention to turbo DeLoreans at DCS and other DeLorean
> events.   I have yet to see with my own eyes a
> DeLorean with a turbo kit that does not have a small
> amount of pressure in the crankcase even at idle.
> Most had small amounts of smoke coming out too.

[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:33:16 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Turbocharger availability

His cautions should be observed, but the stated possible effects of ignoring
the recommendations are, shall we say, "amusing".

You want the car to warm up before getting into boost to be sure there is an
adequate flow of oil for the turbo bearings which spin very fast.

As far as the cool down issue goes, the bearings get quite hot due to their
high speed, the fact that the shaft is driven by hot exhaust gasses, and the
fact that heat is actually created during operation on both the turbine and
compressor sides of the unit. When the car is shut down, oil flow across the
bearings ceases almost immediately. If you don't let the car cool down by
idling a few minutes before you turn it off, then the very hot bearings
which are still spinning very fast, can literally cook the oil to ash. This
is very bad for the turbo. Hence the recommendation to let the car idle a
few minutes. That gives the turbo time to slow down, lets the bearings get a
little cooler, and in the lng run extends the life of the turbo.

I guess ANYTHING is possible, but its hard to imagine the car "blowing up"
if you don't do this!

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:27:59 -0500
From: "Shain" <dsmguy_at_dml_ptd.net>

Hey guys,  this is just some of my input here.  I built a large amount of
high hp 4 cyl., cars.  Although I am not familiar with the turbo used on
these kits,  I do know that there are a lot of more efficient models on the
market.  The DeLorean rear mounted engine is the perfect setup for a set of
top mount intercoolers like the ledgend cars had.  In my past experience
with a lower compression ratio, better pistons rings (turbo rings are shaped
differently), piston ring spacing, I have been able to run 15 psi all day
without much failure, and 25 psi on track days (4 cyl car though).  It seems
though that no one is really sure what was done to a ledgend car in the
first place to indicate what is 100% different.  If anyone in interest I'm
sure we could assemble a small turbo system with new kkk turbos,  that would
be reliable.  Do this date my largest engine put down 570whp (awd car) at 25
psi.

-Shain

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:41:38 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am the proud new owner of vin 2277, a five speed black interior
> DMC with 34,000 miles.

Congrats!

> Electrical- Lots of minor problems and one major. The headlight
> switch stopped working! I pressed it down and the running lights
> came on but I could not get the headlights to come on unless I held
> the button down. Not only that but now the running lights will not
> shut off!

The bad news is that there are no more headlight switches available.
The good news is DMC Houston is reproducing them. The rest of the bad
new is that they will not be available 'till February.
http://www.delorean.com/headlightswitch_new.asp

> Power- didn't notice this one until we hit the hills in California.
> I had to down shift to third just to make it over the pass! Totally
> gutless, is this a vacuum hose issue or a tune up issue or both? The
> engine runs well, just no power.

You know it's a 130 horsepower car, right? That's why the engine runs
great, but there's no power. Better get use to it. : )

> 24-26 mile per gallon. WOW! Indicates a clean motor I would think.

They can get up to 29 or 30 on the highway when everything is tuned up
and in good shape.

> BTW I am located in Mar Vista just south
> of Santa Monica in So Cal. Is there anyone down here near me?

DeLorean Motor Center in Garden Grove. Call Don or Dan (714) 554-6794
http://www.deloreanmotorcenter.com/

~or~

DeLorean One in Chatsworth (818) 341-1796

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:36:26 -0500 (EST)
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Re: Starting Question

Hey guys,
  Thanks for all your help, as of now at this point in time it the starter is working. He had the spacers and the flywheel put on correctly. It was just a bad solenoid.  I'll let you know if anything comes up. I guess only time will tell.

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:21:27 -0600
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

The turbocharger technology in the early eighties used a shaft between the
two impellors that floated in a film of oil. It was actualy a bushing that
had several oil holes to allow oil to flow through. The reasoning at the
time was that with shaft RPM's hitting as much as 100,000 RPMs no bearing
would stand up. Today's turbos use ceramic bearings that can withstand those
speeds. These older turbo need the oil warmed up to a good flow rate or the
shaft could rotate while touching the wall of the bushing and cause major
problems. They don't spin all that fast at idle. When the engine is shut off
the oil flow stops. A habit of reving the engine just prior to shut down
will accelerate the rotation of the shaft and then shut off the oil flow.
Again this causes major problems. Driving the last couple of miles slower or
allowing the engine to idle for a few minutes prior to shut down will allow
the oil to cool below the temp that causes it to coke and plug those oil
flow passages. Turbos have minimal wear when treated right and can last for
many miles but without exercising the above precautions they can self
distruct in minutes if not seconds.

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 20:10:21 EST
From: Packodenton_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean items for sale

Hello Guys,

I have a few extra rare DeLorean items for sale. If anyone here is
interested in either a

Gray or Black seat cover set

side stripe (wide & narrow)

Stock Certificates with DMC logo,

Luggage racks

Org tool kits

Floor mats

Interior parts

Stainless parts,

seats

Doors,

Glass

wheels

transmission (one lotus esprit gear set)

fascias

carpet sets

or other company stuff, please send me an email.

After many years of DeLorean fun, I have something new to take up my free
time.

I haven't looked at the DeLorean stuff for a long time, as it is filed  away
in a cabinet. I took some of it out today to look at, and I know that  someone
out there would appreciate owning this history.

Good luck with your cars.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:25:35 -0500
From: "Cecil Longwisch" <dmc1982_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Turbocharger care

Warming up the turbo properly is to ensure proper lubrication before you
"spool it up".
Cooling it down is just that. Allowing the  circulating oil to cool down the
turbo so it does not boil the oil inside it after shutdown and "coke up" the
turbo. Newer tubos have water cooling to aid with this.

Sounds like you were told to do the right things.

Cecil Longwisch

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 02:34:12 -0000
From: "delorean321123" <delorean321123_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: FLDMC.com & DMCFL.com for sale

Any one looking for a Delorean domain name in Florida to sell your
parts or just post what ever you want.
Im sure you will get lots of hits and receive lots of Mail it a easy
name to remeber and not alot of letter too.
fldmc.com or dmcfl.com
on e-bay right now look up Delorean

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:31:54 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

First, congratulations on your new  DeLorean.

We will do our best to iron out the kinks... but first  let us know how you
convinced your wife to go along!

D & 6530
Dave Delman

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:22:24 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

As the owner of a small diesel VW that runs on biodiesel occasionally
in the summer ( PITA to make & not too great in sub zero temps) I can
tell you to just stick with the PRV.

Unless you are a master fabricator, and are an escellent mechanic, as
well as a diesel mechanic, don't waste the thought on converting a D
to run on diesel.

I also have a rabbit convertible, same bodystyle as the older diesel
rabbit, and it would be a monstrous task to just swap engines, fuel
systems, a glowplug relay setup, and to keep it running reliable.

Multiply that times 10 for the Delorean. What a nightmare to even
think of, just enjoy the PRV. Even though oil is peaking, might as
well enjoy it while it lasts.

-Joe O'Brien

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:13:03 -0700
From: "Matt CARPENTER" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DeLorean Dents

Rich -

You've helped me affirm my choice to use Chris  - he's the man I need for
the job.  I will hopefully have him do the work here in AZ but will also
keep in mind the option to have the hood repaired in Chicago before DCS
2006.

On another subject, your D REX is awesome!

Matt Carpenter
5586
az-d.org

>From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
>To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean Dents
>Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:30:31 -0000
>
>Matt,
>
>We just had Chris Nicholson out to the Chicago area this weekend
>and once again, he has done some amazing work on our DeLoreans.
>
>Using the PJ Grady UK website as a reference, Chris refurbished
>4 early gas flap hoods, similar to Project 3 on the website and
>extensive gullwing door repairs very similar to Projects 12 & 14.
>I cannot say enough about the quality of work that was done.
>
>Dave Swingle saw the before and after conditions of the panels
>(about a week apart) similar to Projects 12 & 14 and he was also
>very impressed with the quality of work.  Marty Maier, Ron Wester
>and Jake K. stopped by to admire the work as well after the DMC
>Club Winter Brunch this weekend.  Jake drove in a snow storm to
>NY last winter to have Chris fix a dent in his gas flap hood.
>
>If the timing is right and the scheduling works out, the DMC Club
>may have Chris Nicholson out to the Chicago area a few days before
>or after the DCS 2006 show to do some SS repair and refinishing,
>but if that happens, we will not know for sure until May 2006.
>So this would be another reason to plan to come early and stay a
>little later for DCS 2006 and the DeLorean 25th Anniversary events.
>
>Later,
>Rich W.

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:15:03 -0000
From: "captain_hydrogen" <captainhydrogen_at_dml_cox.net>

Martin,

Long time no chat!  I appreciate your feedback and enjoyed your
article quite a bit.  Your site has a great look too
(www.delorean.co.uk).

According to the info packet that I received from Eleanor a few years
ago and from my friend and current AZ-D VP, Matt P. Olans, the Island
Twin Turbo Kit makes 210 HP.  I have never driven one, nor have I
seen dyno results to confirm any claims.

I do believe there are dyno results indicating around 190 HP for a
supercharged DeLorean somewhere on Tamir's site
(www.entermyworld.com) and if I recall my conversations with Glen
Coulter the creator of that system in early 2003, I think it is
running at 6 psi.  Keep in mind that with a belted supercharger there
will be some parasitic loss, sometimes as much as 20% depending on
the system.  This system also does not utilize any charge air cooling
method.

According to recent conversations with Rob Grady (www.pjgrady.com),
use of pressures reaching 7 psi. or more, require forged pistons to
ensure longevity.  Although higher pressures can be used for short
periods, risk of detonation increases and piston damage is not
uncommon.

I sit corrected; B.A.E. did use their own turbo.  Former AZ-D VP,
Ryan McCaffery and I drove a BAE Turbo DeLorean in 2002, but the
system was not well kept and the turbo seemed to have seized long
before we got behind the wheel.  I don't really know very much about
B.A.E., so I can only offer the following:

"B.A.E., Torrance, California
     B.A.E. started in 1968 as Bob's Automotive in Lawndale,
California.  Beginning with customer installations of turbochargers
on street and race cars and on marine engines, Bob McClure directed
his efforts toward the creation of kits for marine and automotive
applications.
     In 1977 the name was changed to B.A.E. and the firm moved to
larger quarters.  Former Rajay engineer Bill Wilbur joined the firm
to assist in engineering."
     (HPBooks, 1984, TURBOCHARGERS, by Hugh MacInnes, p. 124-125)

Martin,
You mentioned that the "Alpine GTA and Renault 25 turbo pushed out
200hp on 8psi of boost into a 2.5, and that's with an intercooler and
compression ratio of 7.6:1"

The DMC ONLY TURBO KIT doesn't make modifications to the engine
internals.  When I met Harry and he was running 9 psi intercooled and
with extra fuel injectors, he was still at 8.8:1.  I would think that
the first thing to fail in the engine would be the head gasket, and
according to AZ-D Club Mechanic, Ryan Gould, his did.  If I am
remembering correctly, Harry claimed to have never blown a head
gasket.  There are other head gasket materials that would probably
hold everything together better than the stock gaskets and since it
is a concern of mine, I would like some suggestions.

Martin Gutkowski and David Teitelbaum,
According to Don Steger, who has a 650 HP DeLorean at his shop with a
destroyed an input shaft, the problem is inertia.  Meaning bodies at
rest tend to stay at rest, until you floor it from a stand still and
shear your input shaft.  According to Don Steger, if the car is
already moving, having a lot of power is not as big a deal as when
taking off from a standing start.  That being said, I read somewhere
that the input shaft for the Renault R30 tends to fail between 280 -
300 HP.  I have also heard there is a guy in Europe who makes one-
piece Inconel input shafts for our transmissions, able to withstand
over 1,000 HP, which is interesting because the rest of the R30
transmission will turn into shrapnel between 500-550 HP (so I'm
told).  I think Harry Ward has a performance clutch in his car, but I
do not know of any transmission mods.

Marc Levy,
You are right in that there is always a little turbo spooling even at
low RPM.  According to Harry Ward, his turbo system starts to kick
into boost at about 1,850 - 1,900 RPM.  It seems that he designed his
system for off-the-line and mid-range performance.  I am not sure
what Harry has done to avoid over pressurizing the oil breather, I
don't recall him mentioning it as a problem.

As far as the DMC ONLY Kit from Harry Ward, I can 100% verify that
the quality of workmanship concerning welds and machining in the
intake and turbo manifold are top notch.  I can also confirm that, it
does not come with all of the "special mods" that he has done to his
own car.  I am pretty sure that his standard system that he used to
sell would up the crank output to somewhere between 200 & 230 HP
keeping the stock 8.8:1 compression ratio.  It is a beautiful system,
yet I cannot confirm any dyno results, as I have not installed the
system in my car.  I can only confirm what he told me about his car
in particular.  He has had his car running on this system since 1987
and has never had to open the engine.  He has had the turbo rebuilt
once, as all turbochargers eventually need.  In summer 2004, other So
Cal DeLorean owner have told me that Harry Ward's DeLorean is the
fastest turbo DeLorean they know of and they get nervous as
passengers.

Again, I cannot confirm any of the performance figures that Harry
Ward gave me, but I know that there are cars out there running his
turbo kit whose owner may be able to share their experience with the
rest of us.  If anyone wants to look it up and scan the image, he
said he used to advertise his kit in DeLorean World.

I will post some pictures that I took of Harry Ward's car under the
heading of DMC ONLY TURBO KIT.  If anyone is interested in using
these pictures on their web sites, please remember to reference me as
your source.  If you have any questions about the content of the
pictures, please let me know and I will do my best to answer or
generate questions. :)

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson (Captain Hydrogen)
Arizona DeLorean Club (www.az-d.org), Car Cruise Director - VIN 10365
American Hydrogen Association (www.clean-air.org), Member of the
Board of Directors, 1996 - present
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_d...> wrote:

> Hi Ben
>
> Not to attack you because I know you're only repeating what you've
heard
> but...
>
> >There have been at least three DeLorean-specific turbo kits
available
> >over the years.  The Island Twin Turbo Kit, the BAE Single Turbo
Kit,
> >and the DMC ONLY Intercooled Single Turbo Kit from Harry Ward.  As
> >far as I know, all of these kits used IHI Turbos in either single
or
> >twin configuration.
> >
> I *thought* the BAE kit was so-called because it used a BAE turbo.
I've
> heard from the owner of one over here that it's actually off an
aircraft
> engine. Could be wrong though!

[moderator snip]

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:33:22 -0800
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Hello Nathan Sobieralski

Glad to hear you joined the fraternity.  I live in Brentwood and have two cars (hence the signature).  How can you be a valleyrat and live in Mar Vista?  I would love to get together.  I can help with the electrical problems (although you probably need a new switch).  It does sound like a vacuum leak though.  Write back directly to my e-mail address and we'll discuss meeting.

Al
Al Roberts
twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net
#4649/#16049

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:31:25 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean items for sale

Hi Mike,
What condition is the luggage rack in, and what are you looking to get
for it?  Is it complete with everything needed to install it?  What
other corporate items do you have?

Thanks,
-Patrick C.
1880

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Packodenton_at_dml_a... wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I have a few extra rare DeLorean items for sale. If anyone here is
> interested in either a

[moderator snip]

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:17:22 -0000
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>
Subject: Delorean engine firing on 3 cylinders

Hello.

Whatever happened with that guy's engine that was only firing on one
side of the block?  Did he ever get that straightened out?  I like
obscure problems.

Rick G.

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:36:11 -0500
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

Was not aware Chris was out in Chicago recently...  I have emailed Chris
in the past and I'm convinced his work is among the best there is, if
not the best.  Does the magic Chris performs on the DeLorean require a
special garage/workshop?  Since Chris is in England and travels all
over, I'm wondering if there are any other Canadian listers in Ontario
who could use his services, and if there could be a garage or workshop
that could host him?  I need some repairs made to my passenger door
panel & mirror area and on the rear pillar, and would rather not cross
the border and back just for car repairs.

If there are enough of us up here in Ontario that could use his services
it may be worth his while to come here and make it more convenient for
us, too...?  Maybe in the spring-time 2006?  Otherwise, I was planning
on coordinating with PJ Grady in the springtime if Chris will be there
again.  Last resort would be the time before DCS 2006 - I'm planning on
driving down to attend the DCS 2006, but I'd love to go there with my
baby all pretty, and enjoy my time without getting bodywork repairs...

Just a thought.  If Chris is reading this here, maybe he could get back
to us (or myself off-list) with some kind of spring-time schedule of his
travels?

- ed
temp001(at)ca.inter.net

1982 DMC-12 [11594]